Whats good with african american films??

Options
Max.
Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2013 in Lights, Camera, Action!
This like the 16th movie about the same ?

http://youtu.be/k6iNiJivOOQ

Comments

• Max.
    Options
    s.free wrote: »
    Aren't you Mexican tho?

Yes im half mexican.
  • Max.
    Options
    We(mexicans)got machete this year and that ? was light
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CC_Poncho wrote: »
    Yea we gotta expand past comedies and dramas. A black sci-fi joint would be dope

Someone needs to bring the work of Octavia Butler to the big screen...
  • Max.
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    Yea we gotta expand past comedies and dramas. A black sci-fi joint would be dope

Whos that?
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Stopitfive wrote: »

Whos that?

Black sci-fi author...
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Madea doesn't do it for you.

#sarcasm
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    So Mexicans be dropping mad diverse films or nah?

Anyhow. Film industry is run by white men who decide what does and doesn't make the big screen. That's the answer to your question plain and simple.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And use the same people also...when was the last time you've seen some new black people on the screen.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's up with novellas?

And why can I turn to one right now and it'll have some dramatic music playing?
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Anyhow. Film industry is run by white men who decide what does and doesn't make the big screen. That's the answer to your question plain and simple.

Didnt see this

End Thread/
  • Max.
    Options

Besides robert rodriguez,del toro,Alfonso Cuarón,Diego Luna we getting a run out chea.. All i see is slavery(which white people making) and unfunny cheating dramas
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

But there are black producers who have the power to put out different diverse genre's of film, they simply don't. To be fair, it's not their specialty, I can't see Tyler Perry branching out, and if he did, it would probably be ? , unless he simply backed someone with potential and let them do all the work.

I wonder how many blacks would be interested in predominantly black sci-fi and fantasy movies. That would be another problem, their not sure how big of an audience it would draw.
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options

If you know Spanish there are some dope flicks yo Amores Perros is like a Pulp Fiction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XToRtfQbeHg
  • KingFreeman
    Options

Besides robert rodriguez,del toro,Alfonso Cuarón,Diego Luna we getting a run out chea.. All i see is slavery(which white people making) and unfunny cheating dramas

Let's not name names of directors and actors. Your beat. Speaking on films with predominant mexican casts your status is none. Thats neither here nor there but since you put it out there...

• Max.
    Options

Let's not name names of directors and actors. Your beat. Speaking on films with predominant mexican casts your status is none. Thats neither here nor there but since you put it out there...

How you gona ask me if mexicans make diverse films and than i name some recent directors..and you say lets not name names..lol
  • KingFreeman
    Options

How you gona ask me if mexicans make diverse films and than i name some recent directors..and you say lets not name names..lol

Cause your thread is about black films not movies that are black directed with white ppl in them. Or else the point of this thread would be moot no?
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    What's up with novellas?

And why can I turn to one right now and it'll have some dramatic music playing?

What you need to do is turn yo stank ass life around...

Thats why @irs look younger than you

FriWGjm.png

@irs is pretty
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You have to look at the market for it as well. As much as I hate Tyler Perry movies, every time he drops one of them ? , we as a community run in droves to the theaters to see that ? . Hollywood sticks with what makes cents. A Black movie that is different from what is currently marketed to us would have to be supported in large numbers by us to even get that run. But that's the problem: as a whole, we're not up for supporting positive, non coonish ? about us. True story
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    We need a movie about our history to

there should be a movie on

Mansa munsa(hes the richest man in history.)
    Hannibal
    Moors
    MLK(funny how hes consider such a great hero but yet he hasnt gotten a movie.And Im sure we know why.)
    The egyptians and King Tut
    The nubians
    Marcus garvey
    Black panthers(and one with them not looking evil/or being portrayed like there the Black KKK.)
    Timbuktu
    Black wall street

etc and more
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    What kind of diverse movies do you think blacks should be making?
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »
    What kind of diverse movies do you think blacks should be making?

Movies like Inception, Avatar, and Different genres.