Whats good with african american films??

13»

Comments

• Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? getting offended need to check there ovaries, we keep making the same movies im sick of it
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You ? make me sick.. ? all yall

but ? like most of yall will say some ? like paid in full or shottas is GOAT ? your lives
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paid in Full is a classic.
  • TrillLife
    TrillLife Members Posts: 128 ✭✭
    We dont have any gatekeepers
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black movies are terrible. Sad to say but ? been doing the same tropes forever. Very little variety is the way these flicks are made.

I'm tired of slave movies, gangsta/thug/dope dealer, funerals, weddings, buddy comedies, tear jerkers etc. these moves are corny as ? .

It seems to be that a black movie aimed at the male audience will feature some type of thuggishness/rapper lifestyle and movies aimed at black women are about family gatherings and odd ? like Madea or Best Man.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You ? make me sick.. ? all yall

but ? like most of yall will say some ? like paid in full or shottas is GOAT ? your lives

Paid in Full actually was a good movie. Shottas is garbage, that's the kind of nonsense I'm tired of ? making. I don't want ? bringing rap songs to life. Paid In full was dope because it showed the full spectrum an the cutthroat nature of street life without glamorizing it too much.
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jamaica wrote: »
    Beta wrote: »
    thrillers, horror, adventure, animated with all black cast, sci-fi, is all basically untouched..
    There has been black versions of all those genres you listed.

I think I would be legal to smash a chick that was born the last time they came out.

I haven't seen a wide release black movie in a long time cuz I don't watch romantic comedies & I'm tired of historical ? .

I would love to see a good black thriller or epic, but na we'll get another relationship movie with the same actors since 1992.
    What are they going to do when Blair Underwood & Taye Diggs retire?
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? ? ? establishment films
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just tired of seeing Kevin Hart in movies. I went to see Best Man Holiday and saw 3 trailers for movies that Kevin Hart will be in that are coming out within the next 4 months.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay in our lane abd make barbershop 3...... Lmao

But ice cube had a deal in place

If triple x and barbershop 2 made a certain amount of money he would get some backing to do more movies and not jus the typical ? but those movies didn't perform to what the deal was

I think that was it for everyone.
    If ice cube can't get a movie poppin then why would they trust anyone else with anything else
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kevin hart tryna get his johna hill on

If the fat kid from 40 year old ? can be a sidekick to Leo and get nominated for oscars then yeah,
    Kevin hart deserves a shot to get any check offered to him
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    There's an upcoming movie based on the Zane books and tv show.

Addicted

2014 Film

Addicted is an upcoming drama/Thriller directed by Bille Woodruff. The film is based on the best selling novel of the same name by Zane. It will be released in theaters March 14, 2014. Wikipedia

Initial release: March 14, 2014

Director: Bille Woodruff

Story by: Zane

Producer: Paul Hall

Adapted from: Addicted

Cast: William Levy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-468j42Otl0