How will you act / feel when Jesus returns?

Options
Premeer
Premeer Members Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
when He comes back on his horse across the sky for His people.. will you be scared, terrified, submissive, happy, joyous, anxious, worried, relieved, or some other unlisted emotion.

me, im pretty certain i will be terrified that He wont take me and i will be left to face satan on my own with a world full of atheists and devil worshipers. it will be a ugly world.

Comments

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i will be long dead but if i am alive i won't be scared after all he knows me 100% and being afraid won't change that.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trick question.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We'll the anti christ will be here first and fool alot of people, i ain't biting because the anti will be looking like Cesar borgia people like he's here and i be like nope and grap the torah
  • ThatPigskinGuy007
    ThatPigskinGuy007 Members Posts: 76 ✭✭
    Options
    I believe the 2nd coming of Jesus was misinterpreted. I believe it was meant for his disciples, because he fled the land when many people thought he was crucified. i don't believe he died on the cross. I do look at Jesus as a teacher. A gateway to spirituality and ? . I think in that Jesus brought on the spirituality of ? with buddhist principles and bridged that gap. Sort of like a buddhist that believes in ? , but I'm not sure if I'm ready to call Jesus a buddhist. But yea just my opinion, it may not be correct but its what i believe right now. i spent a long time seeking truth, and I'm seeing there is a whole lot of stuff to process. but to those who believe the traditional christian stories... i don't disrespect your beliefs, everybody is entitled to their own, especially about a touchy subject like this.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd be glad we all didn't die from zombie apocalypse, nukes, or some ? .
    On the other hand if/when I hear those trumpets sound I know i'm going straight to purgatory because I haven't completed the requirements to go to heaven because I wasn't sure what to believe.
    so yea..jimmy-mcnulty.gif

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Accept my demise.
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Same way I'll act when the unicorns, ancient aliens, Voldermort, the seven headed dragon, and Darth Vader get here.
  • Premeer
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    On the other hand if/when I hear those trumpets sound I know i'm going straight to purgatory because I haven't completed the requirements to go to heaven because I wasn't sure what to believe.

purgatory is a catholic thing. its a lie.

are you catholic?
  • Premeer
    Options
    I believe the 2nd coming of Jesus was misinterpreted. I believe it was meant for his disciples, because he fled the land when many people thought he was crucified. i don't believe he died on the cross. I do look at Jesus as a teacher. A gateway to spirituality and ? . I think in that Jesus brought on the spirituality of ? with buddhist principles and bridged that gap. Sort of like a buddhist that believes in ? , but I'm not sure if I'm ready to call Jesus a buddhist. But yea just my opinion, it may not be correct but its what i believe right now. i spent a long time seeking truth, and I'm seeing there is a whole lot of stuff to process. but to those who believe the traditional christian stories... i don't disrespect your beliefs, everybody is entitled to their own, especially about a touchy subject like this.
    do you believe the whole Bible and Jesus' life here was also misinterpreted?
  • REV_RAGE
    REV_RAGE Members Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would bring him some chocolate, I probably could not find or afford myrrh, frankincense or gold.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    i will be long dead but if i am alive i won't be scared after all he knows me 100% and being afraid won't change that.

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    We'll the anti christ will be here first and fool alot of people, i ain't biting because the anti will be looking like Cesar borgia people like he's here and i be like nope and grap the torah

thats why i believe the end of times will be when religion in this world is a minority while the agnostics and athiests are majority. so i say in around 500 years if we don't ? ourselves or use up the resources
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Premeer wrote: »
    gns wrote: »

purgatory is a catholic thing. its a lie.

are you catholic?

I went to an Anglican church part of my childhood, I heard it was similar.

I dunno where I got the purgatory ? from but I've read the bible in its entirety as a kid(barely remember ? ) so yea. Probably just retained some ? here and there and remember it at times.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I won't be dead but I'll be in heaven, chilling in my ruby mansion drinking nectar and eating ambrosia with the fam, wife and kids.

Before he comes, his followers won't be here, there will be 144,000 after us and a bunch of Jews will convert to Christ and he will accept them as he promised Jacob.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I won't be dead but I'll be in heaven, chilling in my ruby mansion drinking nectar and eating ambrosia with the fam, wife and kids.

Before he comes, his followers won't be here, there will be 144,000 after us and a bunch of Jews will convert to Christ and he will accept them as he promised Jacob.

Praise ? .
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »

You may be right about him lookin like Borgia but I would think the devil is more witty than that. Like if anyone still thinks Christ is a silky hair European then they just didn't read the Bible. Or just the book of Revelation even...

I say, don't underestimate Satan

Matthew 24
    24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    It's crazy how we can describe the true image of everyone including Shakespeare but not Christ.
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    Well, Yall seen Moses if y'all seen the Egyptian pyramids because he's Thutmose the second but the third deleted his history from ancient texts.
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    first chapter of revelation describes Christ as looking like Don King
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    Ziryab wrote: »

Verse 14 says like a son of man. ? spoke through this man with a golden breastplate and white robe. Eyes flaming of fire and voice of many waters, he uses many people to convey a message though.
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    Ziryab wrote: »

Verse 14 says like a son of man. ? spoke through this man with a golden breastplate and white robe. Eyes flaming of fire and voice of many waters, he uses many people to convey a message though.
    yea, i was moreso referring to John saying his hair was of wool, white as snow and his feet were the color of brass like they'd been burned in a fire

i mean reading the whole chapter and the messages to the churches, John's talking about Jesus Christ on the throne
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    I dunno, the way I read it. The man with the burly voice of many waters and flaming eyes wasnt Christ but Christ spoke through him. Then again Christ original body was gone so he can come in a new image.
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    It was probably ? the father. Doesn't give much detail because all 3 are 1.
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    Why would one assume that Christ did not retain the same body? Did not they find His body missing from the grave when they went and looked after He had risen?

Revelation 1
    14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters

Revelation 2
    18 And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of ? , who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;

It is the Son of ? sitting on this throne, the Lord Jesus Christ.
  • Sour-Cream
    Options