Video: Michael Wilbon on yesterday's PTI speaks on people using & discussing the use of the N-word..

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNSoV7G-dSM

Wilbon went all they way in...

Comments

• Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This been talked about to death
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wilbon is ill for that one especially calling them owners out on that ? trying to tell black folks what to do. *chris rock voice* CRACKA ASS CRACKAS!!
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Word up, Mike Wilbon gets massive respect for what he said. And it is the damn truth too!!
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    and within 24 hours, that fat ? Kevin Whitelock writes an article trying to ether Wilbon for this.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »
    LOL at Wilbon saying he uses it all day every day

• traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    white715 wrote: »
    This may be the first time I've heard Wilbon speak on matters of race without falling back and being the typical passive corporate black man. I appreciate the fact that he kept it real and said he uses it all the time. White people are always so intrigued, it seems, with using the word and who is using it and why we use it. Don't ? worry about it! Just make sure that ? don't come out your mouth! They act as if, by being restricted from using ? or ? , their rights are somehow being infringed upon. Consider the irony!

I don't think I've ever heard Wilbon be a passive corporate black man.

http://youtu.be/5FBL25Y3rvA
    http://youtu.be/ngU6f_lJ3ys

He went the FLLLUCCKK in on Roger Goodell!!!
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White folks sensitive as hell on the ESPN boards about it now, too..
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wilbon never struck me as being passive on anything race related.

The thing about Wilbon and wack ass Bill Simmons is that their names ring out so much in the literary and journalism world that they don't have to worry about ESPN not liking what they say.

If ESPN ever drop'em he'll have another 6 or 7 figure deal on the table in less than 48 hours -- may or may not be on TV tho.
  • Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    What makes Wilbon dope is he knows how to articulate the message. Too many times when this topic is discussed it's some mumble mouth rapper or white people who are discussing the topic.

THIS sums it up perfectly for me. Well written sir
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MaddRapper wrote: »
    Love it Wilbon went in "White ppl shouldnt have discussions on how black ppl use of the n-word."
    GOAT

• Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    and within 24 hours, that fat ? Kevin Whitelock writes an article trying to ether Wilbon for this.

I hate this dude
    http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/9980883/whitlock-using-n-word

here's the article for anyone who hasn't read it yet
  • eastbay510
    eastbay510 Members Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kame wrote: »

I hate this dude
    http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/9980883/whitlock-using-n-word

here's the article for anyone who hasn't read it yet

I started to read it but had to stop when he said he wouldn't be surprised if Jay-Z called for a "million n-word march" in the first paragraph.

He's not as bad as Colin Cowherd who said rappers say the n word to make money. And said if we accept ? with an a instead of an er, then let's add an a at the end of every slur to take the sting out of it smh. I like his show sometimes but that's the most ? ? I've ever heard.

But yeah I agree with wilbon completely. He's normally spot on with his stance on topics like this.
  • greenwood1921
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I don't even entertain whitlock's articles. Soon as I realized he's a 21st century house ? I start acting like he don't exist.

Nikkas ? me actin like they hate writers and personalities like Skip and whitlock but can't wait to hear their opinion.

Their business is in people 'caring bout what they say'. Iono. *shrug* I guess I just I feel like if I don't like the type of ? people say or write, I don't pay it any mind. I know -- strange concept.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Yea i hated whitlock for over a decade i dont even look at his articles

Matt Barnes is and idiot for tweeting that stupid ? though

If he said it i wouldnt be "as" annoyed
  • greenwood1921
    edited November 2013
    Options

Can't stand "agenda" nikkas. Even if I agree with the agenda.

It's hard for me to watch MSNBC sometimes because they've been trying so hard the last few years to be the Democrat version of Fox News.

Olberman used to spend entire segments talkin' about what Bill O'reilly talked about on his last show. And I'm like, why would you give this clown free advertising?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Can't stand "agenda" nikkas. Even if I agree with the agenda.

It's hard for me to watch MSNBC sometimes because they've been trying so hard the last few years to be the Democrat version of Fox News.

Olberman used to spend entire segments talkin' about what Bill O'reilly talked about on his last show. And I'm like, why would you give this clown free advertising?

lol yeah olberman use to have him on the worst persons daily lol.. but i ? with msnbc .. Justin Bieber stay ethering the extreme conservatives on her show. She stay patting her self on the back though her geekish like conceit is palpable but she brings the heat