is Kyrie Irving a star or does he still have more to prove?

Options
Kyle_Lurker
Kyle_Lurker Members Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
??

Comments

• CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    an emerging star of course he has more to prove.. people proclaiming him as top 5 or whatever silly ? is ? ..

He has "star" attention he'll get there
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's in the same realm as Paul George (though the Pacers are contenders). I see both of them however being superstar players by next season no later than 2015.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    He's a young star that's been "built up" a couple years and juuuuust approaching that "tear him down" stage.

I'm a lil surprised about all this "diva" ? that's been reported about him lately, but I'll hold off before I pass judgment.

As long as Cleveland remains a average team with no other superstars he'll stay on the easy side of the "build up/tear down" process.

As soon as they start winning games tho --
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQv5lKVf1YChnys9vu7UCSY0RTxJOOtrysFUKZ6xbXwnoG4IYMN

He better enjoy it while it lasts.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kyrie needs to get his team to the playoffs and win games. Hes in the same realm as john wall although hes better
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's got work to do
  • Kyle_Lurker
    Options
    Darius wrote: »
    threadstarter has much more to prove than kyrie

"??" is really the best you can do

Im a woat ts i must admit.
    I thought of all the ? i could do to enhance the thread but then said ? it, its enough lol
  • Kyle_Lurker
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Kyrie needs to get his team to the playoffs and win games. Hes in the same realm as john wall although hes better

Is it me or has Wall regressed? I admit i dont check for wizard games tho.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How you think he regressed if you dont watch the games? Lol lurk u a funny ? .

But uhh i wouldnt say regressed just he didnt get better. He has more help though which is why his stats arent as good as when he came back last yr though. Yet they still losing. I blame coaching
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Steve Lobs wrote: »
    Darius wrote: »
    threadstarter has much more to prove than kyrie

"??" is really the best you can do

Im a woat ts i must admit.
    I thought of all the ? i could do to enhance the thread but then said ? it, its enough lol

coulda just dropped the question in the nba thread. it would have saved you from looking like the special-ed student of the cheap seats. jeff axel, you are now off the hook.
  • Kyle_Lurker
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    How you think he regressed if you dont watch the games? Lol lurk u a funny ? .

But uhh i wouldnt say regressed just he didnt get better. He has more help though which is why his stats arent as good as when he came back last yr though. Yet they still losing. I blame coaching

Lol, from espn gassing him up, to getting a few injuries and i watched couple wizards games when i had nba tv and i just didnt see the hype.

For a ? that ? so hard, i damn sure dont follow as much as i would like to haha.

I WAS at the Heats vs Bobcats game tho lookin to black @Matts eye after he pump faked with tickets the other day so i knew he was there haha.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he's a star on the rise, still got more to prove, id also like to see him prove he can stay healthy
    id say in terms of stars on the rise, PG and curry have slightly surpassed him so far this season but he'll be aight, also john wall i think just goin thru a slow start, he'll be aight too
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all were and still do claim that Kevin Love is a star, so why does Kyrie get different treatment? If Love didn't have to win to be recognized as a star, then Kyrie should get the same treatment.

To answer the question, Kyrie has more to prove. The way I see it, you're not a star until you've been a top player for a long enough time (5+ years). The number one thing Kyrie needs to work on is staying healthy. If he wants to reach SUPERSTAR status, he needs to win a playoff series or 2 as the main threat.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There are alot of young, talented PG's in the game right now (25 and younger.)

Maybe close to 10 that "could" be one of the greats when it's all said and done.

But the truth is -- only about 3 of them (max) will really meet that expectation.

Somebody gotta be the Kenny Andersons or the Stephon Marburys or the Steve Francis'.

They can't all be Zekes and KJ's.

Then you got a few more coming in the league every year. Let these nikkas cook before we wanna call'em stars.

Just let'em be "good with alot of potential" now and let them earn and prove the rest.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wall was doin work the last 25 games of last year. So far he's pretty good, but Kyrie just dropped 40 on him when they went head-to-head.

Next step for Kyrie is to get the Cavs in the playoffs, and Ion see it happening this year. Anthony Bennett doesn't look like he's gonna help at all this season
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dumb question. Of course he has a lot to prove. Gotta get wins and lead the cavs to the playoffs.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If his team mates don't kick his ass he'll be fine

Has all the tools to be successful
    Just gotta make a playoff run like others have said
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He went to DUKE so he wont prosper. J/k...maybe.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Vader wrote: »

Lol he's rocking that mask cause he got a black eye and broken nose.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vader wrote: »

Lol he's rocking that mask cause he got a black eye and broken nose.

Lok I think that happened in the wolves game from brewer
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not gon front I dnt like the hype dude gets. Only b/c it ignores the fact that many, many PGs have come n gone who can score. Mark price, hardaway, michael adams, marbury, etc...

• ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's got work to do

• unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Premeer
    Premeer Members Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    do you watch him????? i get to watch him every game... of course he has plenty of room to improve. what type a question is that. dude is only 21.