The Problem with Alberto Del Rio

Options
DOPEdweebz
DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I watched this last week and I agree with some of their points. Most obviously that ADR isn't interesting without a title and that he needs one I get attention but these guys have a totally skewered concept of time and talent.

One of them said that ADR would be a jobber in the 80s and that's totally irrelevant and in my opinion its wrong.

I'll first explain why it's wrong. See ADR reminds me of another Mexican wrestler with brown skin, a heavy accent, he was an excellent in ring performer but had he no personality. See we fondly remember old Tito Santana but ADR is cut from the same cloth except he is a heel version. So they are totally wrong as Tito wasn't relegated to jobbing until the 90s, he was a prominent midcard figure until then.

Now their point is irrelevant because it's a different time completely. Take a huge star from the 70s-80s like say oooooh Bob Backlund and he wouldn't even make TV today. Bob Backlund was WWE Champion for what 5 years? It was a different time, today Bob would be in ROH doing shows for 250 people if hes lucky.