"If you like to watch tv or skype with grandma the xbox one has a lot of potential" - Adam Sessler

Options

Comments

• KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited November 2013
    Options

explain this ? please.
    Apparently Xbone has 'automatic and convenient' cloud storage management. The space is "unlimited" because once you reach the cap of how much storage they allow, your oldest/least used game data will automatically be deleted without notice. So pretty much you aren't in control of what gets deleted off of your ? on the Xbone. You can't even view how much storage space is being used. Sounds like a slick loophole to the DRM ? because it seems like you're going to need to be connected to the internet to save/access your game files. Would be a good feature if it was optional.
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    It was a good honest review.. he pretty much was saying that it delivers as a good gaming console and also has the greatest potential with all the extra features. Now where he has the idea that the Xbox may not have alot of 3rd part support is beyond me

Well, yeah, that's what he's saying if you take all the negatives away.

All the reviews I've seen say pretty much the same thing. The XB1 is a nice piece of technology with a lot of great features that don't really work quite as well as people were led to believe they would. That said, everyone believes that M$ will improve those things and the XB1 will end up being crazy good.

Also, were you the one that said you couldn't join friends' games from the Dashboard on the PS4. I saw a review earlier that said you could from the friends section. I don't know if that's true or not but have you tried it?
    I'm not seeing the negative in you analysis.. it doesn't work perfectly.. of course it won't.. but it will be tweaked along the way.. also remember this is talking about the additional features having nothing to do with actual gaming . Nothing bad has been said about the games .. yet anyways
    You're forced to spend $100 more for a console with worse specs than another and the additional ? that comes with can't even be utilized efficiently...... This isn't about being a fanboy it just is what it is. I don't even believe the cloud will be utilized like Microsoft is hoping it will be.

Psn bruh...xbox live ...gaming online its a no brainer
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was a good honest review.. he pretty much was saying that it delivers as a good gaming console and also has the greatest potential with all the extra features. Now where he has the idea that the Xbox may not have alot of 3rd part support is beyond me

All the reviews I've seen say pretty much the same thing. The XB1 is a nice piece of technology with a lot of great features that don't really work quite as well as people were led to believe they would. That said, everyone believes that M$ will improve those things and the XB1 will end up being crazy good.

Also, were you the one that said you couldn't join friends' games from the Dashboard on the PS4. I saw a review earlier that said you could from the friends section. I don't know if that's true or not but have you tried it?
    I'm not seeing the negative in you analysis.. it doesn't work perfectly.. of course it won't.. but it will be tweaked along the way.. also remember this is talking about the additional features having nothing to do with actual gaming . Nothing bad has been said about the games .. yet anyways
    You're forced to spend $100 more for a console with worse specs than another and the additional ? that comes with can't even be utilized efficiently...... This isn't about being a fanboy it just is what it is. I don't even believe the cloud will be utilized like Microsoft is hoping it will be.

Where in that review he said the ? doesn't work efficiently?? He said a few things didn't work perfectly just like monk said.. dude just stop it ... u want the ? to not work right tho lol KOA Jr.
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

PSN has improved a lot I've had no issues with it what so ever since I got ps+
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OH YALL THINK IM CONSOLE BIAS?
    ? a ps4 too.

OUYA>>>>>>>>>>>

? don't you have one???
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lmao ight son
  • BlackxChild
    Options

Lmao ight son

I'm not against Microsoft but the ? they've been releasing lately has been ? . PSN is a lot better though.
  • Pr0n
    Pr0n Members Posts: 204 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Pr0n wrote: »
    Pr0n wrote: »
    OH YALL THINK IM CONSOLE BIAS?
    ? a ps4 too.

OUYA>>>>>>>>>>>

I think Steam's console will ? on the OUYA. The tech specs are beastly.The only console that will boot from an SSD.

put a ssd in my ps3.... wow... no really... wow. the fat boy got its swagger back.

Didn't come out the box like that.

Steam box:
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770, i5-4570, and i3
    Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan (4,494 Gflops)
    Graphics card RAM: 3 GB GDDR5
    Main RAM: 16 GB DDR3-1600
    Hard drive: 1 TB storage/8 GB SSD cache hybrid drive

Ps4:
    CPU: low power x86-64 AMD “Jaguar”, 8 cores
    GPU: 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD Radeon™ Graphics Core Next engine
    Ram: 8GB GDDR5
    Hard drive: 500 gb

Steam box technically looking to ? on your ps3 and the whole next gen if the advertised specs are true.

that ? will cost a grip and if im gonna spend that kind of money im building a pC

Steam said there will be different models and customers will have tech options for what they want on their console. Cosign gaming PC though, they will always stomp out consoles.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The fact that some of the features don't work as well as advertised is a negative. It might not be a crushing or damning negative, but it's still a negative. I'm not saying the review was bad towards the XB1, but you made it seem like it was a fully positive review and it wasn't.
  • kanggoodie
    Options

Lmao ight son

I'm not against Microsoft but the ? they've been releasing lately has been ? . PSN is a lot better though.

Psn isn't better .. PS+ store is.. that's all tho . Its no comparison between networks
  • kanggoodie
    Options

The fact that some of the features don't work as well as advertised is a negative. It might not be a crushing or damning negative, but it's still a negative. I'm not saying the review was bad towards the XB1, but you made it seem like it was a fully positive review and it wasn't.

I never said it was a fully positive review I said it was a good honest review
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He never said greatest potential... Camera and voice commands are ? and he said the tv features aren't really that big of a deal. On ps4 you can use ustream which I'm shocked sooo many people are using it but it's actually a cool feature which I'm shocked xbox will never utilize for u to watch live streamed games straight from the console.

The bold is the point that I have been making. Kinect and those pointless TV features are not appealing and the console is over priced for the market that they are trying to capture. They need a Kinectless $399 console to have success.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

He never said greatest potential... Camera and voice commands are ? and he said the tv features aren't really that big of a deal. On ps4 you can use ustream which I'm shocked sooo many people are using it but it's actually a cool feature which I'm shocked xbox will never utilize for u to watch live streamed games straight from the console.

The bold is the point that I have been making. Kinect and those pointless TV features are not appealing and the console is over priced for the market that they are trying to capture. They need a Kinectless $399 console to have success.

I disagree with the bold. If this were just meant to be a gaming system, you'd be right. However, it's meant to be a all-in-one media hub. $500 really isn't that much for that kind of functionality.
  • BlackxChild
    Options

I disagree with the bold. If this were just meant to be a gaming system, you'd be right. However, it's meant to be a all-in-one media hub. $500 really isn't that much for that kind of functionality.
    If you wanted a media hub that doesn't work as seamless as you want it to than a all-in-one media hub is fine. But if you want a better gaming system then no this isn't appealing at all.
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man I love the fact that I didn't have to enter that 25 digit long redeem code. Just held the card up and the ? redeemed it quick as ? . I'm liking these feature so far. Still haven't played around with all of them yet. I ran through them last night.
  • VulcanRaven
    Options

b
    But people see it as a gaming system. The hub features are not that good to warrant $500 from those that are interested in those features. The all-in-one media hub is just a gimmick to make the extra $100 for Kinect seem like a great deal. If a consumer walks into Best Buy and asks about media hubs, the clerk is not going to mention the X1. It does nothing that the PS4 does not do to an extent. The voice recognition and watching TV is useless especially when all that programming is already paid for through your cable provider.
  • VulcanRaven
    Options

If you wanted a media hub that doesn't work as seamless as you want it to than a all-in-one media hub is fine. But if you want a better gaming system then no this isn't appealing at all.
    The funny thing is no one who buys it are buying it for those features. They will gas them up because they are there. Just like they did with Live. People like Xbox which there is nothing wrong with that, but don't act like Kinect or media hub stuff is why you are buying it.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
  • kanggoodie
    Options
    Raging raven is really undermining the voice capabilities of this system. The kinect is the backbone of the OS .. its not all about a damn TV function
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    Its the back bone because MS wants to force it on people. I would never use it and the same for many people. That's why having the choice to buy it with or without is a great thing. Options are always best.
  • kanggoodie
    Options
    Its the back bone because MS wants to force it on people. I would never use it and the same for many people. That's why having the choice to buy it with or without is a great thing. Options are always best.

What is exactly wrong with advancemeant of technology? I guess u hated when smart phones were forced on people too huh?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

This comment is sort of like when people act like the PS4 will suck forever because the launch lineup sucks. Neither system is perfect at launch and both will get better.

b
    But people see it as a gaming system. The hub features are not that good to warrant $500 from those that are interested in those features. The all-in-one media hub is just a gimmick to make the extra $100 for Kinect seem like a great deal. If a consumer walks into Best Buy and asks about media hubs, the clerk is not going to mention the X1. It does nothing that the PS4 does not do to an extent. The voice recognition and watching TV is useless especially when all that programming is already paid for through your cable provider.

You're speaking from the standpoint of a gamer, and from that standpoint I agree with you. However, M$ clearly aimed this system at more than just gamers, and it's untrue that people see it only as a gaming system. A lot of people see it as a media oriented computer. In fact, if they add Office, an email app, and that Dragon voice to text functionality, I could really see this pretty much replacing the need for desktops for a lot of families out there.

• vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some of stuff he said wasn't necessary.....why would you move it around or move cable wires around when it's plug in? That makes no sense you do all that before you hook it up and I think it would be common sense that the kinect won't hear you clearly if you blasting music in the same room
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Some of stuff he said wasn't necessary.....why would you move it around or move cable wires around when it's plug in? That makes no sense you do all that before you hook it up and I think it would be common sense that the kinect won't hear you clearly if you blasting music in the same room

He's not the only reviewer to say the Kinect has problems if the room isn't quiet. It's not just with music blasting. If people are talking in the background, it has problems. It's the same thing with the PS4 cam.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not just music ......... but sounds from the same TV you trying to control hands free