Do you think Costco should have apologized for Bibles being labeled fiction?

Options
124»

Comments

• Premeer
    Premeer Members Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Premeer wrote: »
    Christians are wack. I used to believe too. Blindly following a book with so many flaws and attributing my overlooking of these flaws as my strong faith when in fact it was a strong disillusion. I want proof. You expect me to follow, I expect you to lead. Like I've said before, Jesus has to show me something.

flaws in the word? or is it just flaws in your understanding. because im 100% positive all of your concerns are easily explainable by somebody who doesnt have your flaws in understanding.

but at that point, its not the explanation, its are you willing to learn or stay stuck in your ignorance and completely dismiss any explanation and sweep it under the rug... which im sure is what it would come down to.

Why was there no ? 4000 years ago? In our total existence ? shows up on the last 1%.

How can every animal in the world, this includes all extinct species, fit on one Ark?

It says that ? created light in the dark aka the moon. Now we have scientific evidence that says the moon only reflects light from the sun. Did he happen upon this?

The great flood. I'm pretty sure there should be some more evidence that this happened. But it's not. We can click the Grand Canyon which happened over millions of years but we can't clock the great flood, which happens in the past 2500.

Africans were slaved and tortured and beaten and ? because some white men decided that this is how the bible interpreted the black man. We were the cursed descendants of Ham I think it was and we were cursed to be slaves to the other 'holy' nations. Your ? letting his words be twisted and screwed around like that to make it right in some peoples eyes should have been received with a resounding stance, undeniable proof and staggering evidence of not only his existence, but of his love for humankind. The divine creator is one to be worshipped but the ? of the bible is not. Besides I liked Harry potter better anyway.
    i stopped reading at the bolded and realized i am wasting my time with somebody who is so smart in his extreme ignorance. claims to be a former christian but doesnt even understand the very basics.

i bet you struggled mightily in school, huh....
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shoulda put that ? with the comic books next to Spider-Man & Green Lantern.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    twatgetta wrote: »
    To find out WHY things like this keep happening, you have to consider the source, and apology will never happen. WHY?? because of this jew-ish basturd devil goat worshippin' ? right here most likely green-lighted it.

COSTCO, Owner and founder....Craig Jelinek....sinegaljim-costco-20110800.jpg

and there we have it folks.. lol.
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To find out WHY things like this keep happening, you have to consider the source, and apology will never happen. WHY?? because of this jew-ish basturd devil goat worshippin' ? right here most likely green-lighted it.

Is that even a Jewish name?

Sounds Eastern European.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sounds Eastern European.

lol Jewish isn't a race bro.
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ziryab wrote: »

Sounds Eastern European.

Did I say it was somewhere?
  • Premeer
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Christians are wack. I used to believe too. Blindly following a book with so many flaws and attributing my overlooking of these flaws as my strong faith when in fact it was a strong disillusion. I want proof. You expect me to follow, I expect you to lead. Like I've said before, Jesus has to show me something.

flaws in the word? or is it just flaws in your understanding. because im 100% positive all of your concerns are easily explainable by somebody who doesnt have your flaws in understanding.

but at that point, its not the explanation, its are you willing to learn or stay stuck in your ignorance and completely dismiss any explanation and sweep it under the rug... which im sure is what it would come down to.

Why was there no ? 4000 years ago? In our total existence ? shows up on the last 1%.

How can every animal in the world, this includes all extinct species, fit on one Ark?

It says that ? created light in the dark aka the moon. Now we have scientific evidence that says the moon only reflects light from the sun. Did he happen upon this?

The great flood. I'm pretty sure there should be some more evidence that this happened. But it's not. We can click the Grand Canyon which happened over millions of years but we can't clock the great flood, which happens in the past 2500.

Africans were slaved and tortured and beaten and ? because some white men decided that this is how the bible interpreted the black man. We were the cursed descendants of Ham I think it was and we were cursed to be slaves to the other 'holy' nations. Your ? letting his words be twisted and screwed around like that to make it right in some peoples eyes should have been received with a resounding stance, undeniable proof and staggering evidence of not only his existence, but of his love for humankind. The divine creator is one to be worshipped but the ? of the bible is not. Besides I liked Harry potter better anyway.
    i stopped reading at the bolded and realized i am wasting my time with somebody who is so smart in his extreme ignorance. claims to be a former christian but doesnt even understand the very basics.

How far does the bible date back bruh?

Genesis 1:1
    In the beginning ? created heaven and earth

John 1:1
    In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with ? , and the Word was ? .

thats the beginning of time.
    heaven has 3 different meanings.

Heaven:
    1. the sky we see
    2. the universe
    3. heaven where ? sits on His thrown

in Genesis 1:1, He created heaven (1 & 2)

in other words, the Bible goes back to the very beginning of creation.
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Any book that goes into detail about whats going to happen in the future should be labeled as fiction.
  • DafuqYo
    DafuqYo Members Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    Options

Heaven:
    1. the sky we see
    2. the universe

Source?
  • Premeer
    Options
    DafuqYo wrote: »

Heaven:
    1. the sky we see
    2. the universe

Source?
    not sure what type of ignorant you are. but whatever it is, you are it.
  • DafuqYo
    DafuqYo Members Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    Options

Heaven:
    1. the sky we see
    2. the universe

Source?
    not sure what type of ignorant you are. but whatever it is, you are it.

Seriously. What is the bibles source.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, the only war against christianity is fighting against it's fiction trying to be pass off as non-fiction.
    you are nothing more than a victim of the deception thats been flooding the world against christianity.

you have 2 powers at work... and you are taking sides with the wrong power. i guess its easy ( to the ignorant ) to side with the wrong power given that you cant physically see and touch ? and Jesus was here 2,000 years ago..

Buddhist go through harsher ? than Christians, Muslims get killed in masses daily. So what are you talking about going through some hard ? ? @premeer You American Christians (This is mostly an American thing regardless of religion affiliation) are like a rich suburban kid who living easy complaining while people going through ? to survive living it and finding hope. You don't have not word to say the end of the world has been said to go on for 2000 years. Smh.
  • Premeer
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Yeah, the only war against christianity is fighting against it's fiction trying to be pass off as non-fiction.
    you are nothing more than a victim of the deception thats been flooding the world against christianity.

you have 2 powers at work... and you are taking sides with the wrong power. i guess its easy ( to the ignorant ) to side with the wrong power given that you cant physically see and touch ? and Jesus was here 2,000 years ago..

Buddhist go through harsher ? than Christians, Muslims get killed in masses daily. So what are you talking about going through some hard ? ? @premeer You American Christians (This is mostly an American thing regardless of religion affiliation) are like a rich suburban kid who living easy complaining while people going through ? to survive living it and finding hope. You don't have not word to say the end of the world has been said to go on for 2000 years. Smh.

LOL @ buddhists go through harsher ? than christians and muslims get killed in masses daily

i wont even entertain that and just chalk it up to somebody that has no idea, again, about what hes talking about.

really, i put a lot of things into perspective today.. i wont call it arguing cuz i dont argue.. so i wont put anything else into perspective today.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    Options
    To avoid any backlash, Costco had to apologize. All they need is to be boycotted if they didn't.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

LOL @ buddhists go through harsher ? than christians and muslims get killed in masses daily

i wont even entertain that and just chalk it up to somebody that has no idea, again, about what hes talking about.

really, i put a lot of things into perspective today.. i wont call it arguing cuz i dont argue.. so i wont put anything else into perspective today.

So you just deflect all the time smh. Smh, you guys in America are crying against attacks to Christianity people are dealing wit real life problems and you safe and sound.
  • Premeer
    Options

So you just deflect all the time smh. Smh, you guys in America are crying against attacks to Christianity people are dealing wit real life problems and you safe and sound.

deflect all the time? you must have missed the thread earlier...

you wont bait me into making me do what you want me to do. i do what i want to do on my own time and will. not yours. when i feel like it, i might entertain you next time. but that bus passed earlier.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ziryab wrote: »

Sounds Eastern European.

Did I say it was somewhere?

StrawManI.jpg
  • whar
    whar Members Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    Options
    How they gonna blame the distributed tho lol

COSTCO aint ? but no need to apologize...

Either u gonna adhere to the scriptures or ur not...as it was written

He speaks truth. The lie is coming, the stage is being set, the final act is about to begin. Even so, come Lord Jesus. Amen.

Do you know that Matthew didn't originally end with Jesus rising from the gave? It was added 100s of years later. That alone makes it fiction.

proof?

I am not sure of Matthew's alternate ending but Mark did have its ending changed. Verse 16:9-20 do not appear in the 2 oldest Greek texts, the oldest Latin texts, nor the oldest Georgian texts. The early church fathers Origen and Clement of Alexandria both wrote about the Gospel of Mark but give no indication of knowledge regarding verses 9:20 of book 16. In many later manuscripts the passages are marked with an asterisk or obelus (used to indicate a spurious passage).