The OFFicial Xbox One Thread

Comments

• funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From Gamespot:

Xbox One Gets $50 Price Cut for the Holidays
    [UPDATE] Discount applies to all versions of the console, including Assassin's Creed Unity and Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare bundles; Deal not available in UK, Microsoft confirms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA2nTZ0WhQM#t=32

If you're in the market for an Xbox One, you may want to wait until this weekend to buy a system. Confirming an earlier rumor, Microsoft announced today that it is cutting the console's price by $50 effective November 2.

The limited-time promotional offer (valid in the United States only) applies to any Xbox One console. This means you can get the Kinect free system for $350 or the standard Kinect bundle for $450.

The price cut also applies to special edition bundles, including those that include Assassin's Creed Unity, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (which also comes with a 1TB hard drive), and Sunset Overdrive.

Here's a breakdown of the deal.
    -Kinect-free Xbox One -- $350
    -Xbox One With Kinect -- $450
    -Xbox One Assassin's Creed Bundle Without Kinect (comes with copies of Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and Unity) -- $350
    -Xbox One Assassin's Creed Bundle With Kinect (comes with copies of Black Flag, Unity, and Dance Central Spotlight) -- $450
    -Xbox One Sunset Overdrive Bundle (comes with game, white console, white controller) -- $350

Notably, when the special Xbox One deal goes into effect, it will make Microsoft's console less expensive than the rival PlayStation 4, which sells for $400.

The promotion--valid through January 3, 2015--will be available across the United States at most major retailers, including Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop, Microsoft Stores, Target, Toys 'R Us, and Wal-Mart.
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MS tryna move units at all costs
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ayooooo when did they enable the feature to connect an external HDD. I hook my 2 TB drive up to it last night just to see and that ? was detected. I formatted the HDD and was able to move all my games to it. Now I can stop deleting ? .
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ayooooo when did they enable the feature to connect an external HDD. I hook my 2 TB drive up to it last night just to see and that ? was detected. I formatted the HDD and was able to move all my games to it. Now I can stop deleting ? .

I think that was on the June update lol.
  • The Prodigalson
    Karl. wrote: »

I think that was on the June update lol.

LOL I don't get to play much. Son be having soccer practice after school. Now Basket ball season started and he want to play that so even more time away.
  • B_A
    B_A Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From Gamespot:

Xbox One Gets $50 Price Cut for the Holidays
    [UPDATE] Discount applies to all versions of the console, including Assassin's Creed Unity and Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare bundles; Deal not available in UK, Microsoft confirms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA2nTZ0WhQM#t=32

If you're in the market for an Xbox One, you may want to wait until this weekend to buy a system. Confirming an earlier rumor, Microsoft announced today that it is cutting the console's price by $50 effective November 2.

The limited-time promotional offer (valid in the United States only) applies to any Xbox One console. This means you can get the Kinect free system for $350 or the standard Kinect bundle for $450.

The price cut also applies to special edition bundles, including those that include Assassin's Creed Unity, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (which also comes with a 1TB hard drive), and Sunset Overdrive.

Here's a breakdown of the deal.
    -Kinect-free Xbox One -- $350
    -Xbox One With Kinect -- $450
    -Xbox One Assassin's Creed Bundle Without Kinect (comes with copies of Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and Unity) -- $350
    -Xbox One Assassin's Creed Bundle With Kinect (comes with copies of Black Flag, Unity, and Dance Central Spotlight) -- $450
    -Xbox One Sunset Overdrive Bundle (comes with game, white console, white controller) -- $350

Notably, when the special Xbox One deal goes into effect, it will make Microsoft's console less expensive than the rival PlayStation 4, which sells for $400.

The promotion--valid through January 3, 2015--will be available across the United States at most major retailers, including Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop, Microsoft Stores, Target, Toys 'R Us, and Wal-Mart.

im glad it came out in white, because i wasnt copping the black version
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm cop that white one
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That MCC launch is a ? embarrassment
  • Karl.
    That MCC launch is a ? embarrassment

Is the online ? ?

I only played one game and it was decent. Been playing the SP.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah only been playing campaign 343 should be ashamed of themselves online matchmaking is turrible
  • John_Blazini
    It's ? trash b ...all these companies dropping broken games..there needs to be some organization in charge ensuring these ? pay for this ?
  • Karl.
    Yea. It's unacceptable.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is. It's called the consumer not buying the game at midnight.
  • John_Blazini
    There is. It's called the consumer not buying the game at midnight.

Bruh at this rate that would mean every consumer would be buying gamed with online components a year after release...all major online games should require real betas
  • RiGGA
    RiGGA Members Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody playing advanced warfare online? Drop them gamertags and I'll add you cuz mine is kinda tricky.... "i M p I o D e z"
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Halo is getting patched today...
    BY 343 INDUSTRIES - 10 HOURS AGO

Tomorrow afternoon (Thursday, Nov. 20), our latest content update will become available. This particular content update addresses matchmaking performance, UI, gameplay, and title-specific issues. We are on track for a release of mid-late afternoon Pacific Time for this content update, and will immediately let you know when it is available. For now, here is a change list of what will be included. As a note, many of the below issues are sub issues that were caused by larger umbrella problems that we have addressed with this update.

MATCHMAKING
    Addressed a number of issues that resulted in extended matchmaking times and low matchmaking success rates.
    Made a number of updates to how matchmaking progress is communicated to the player. With this update, you’ll see better, more frequent and more informative status updates throughout the matchmaking flow – so “Players Found” for example, will be displayed to let players know where they are in the matchmaking process instead of simply wondering if it’s going to connect.
    The improved matchmaking flow is as follows:
    Searching
    Searching for more players
    Players found
    Finalizing matchmaking process
    Connecting session
    Made an update to ensure that parties stick together when returning from the post-game carnage report
    Prevented the ability for players “kick” other players from matchmaking games
    Made an update to ensure that the Roster correctly displays the “searching” UI rather than “My Game Session” while searching for players
    Removed the possibility to boost ranking through a custom games exploit
    Made an update to ensure that players cannot get stuck in the matchmaking screen during map voting
    Made an update to ensure that the “Connecting to your game” message no longer incorrectly displays in the lower right of the screen during gameplay
    Made an update to the “team creation” phase that allows players to be grouped by team
    Made an update to prevent players from seeing the “connection failed” dialogue if disconnected during the map voting screen
    Improved roster / matchmaking lobby stability
    Made improvements to the accuracy and stability of the “Game Session Details” UI
    Improved version compatibility

UI
    Improved emblem and nameplate behavior to ensure that they do not reset to default (especially after game sessions)
    Corrected career stats that did not update uniformly across different profiles in multiple titles
    Improved Forge map display names in Theater
    Corrected various medal inconsistencies across titles

CAMPAIGN
    Made updates to the attainability of various achievements, including “Goat Roped,” “Monopolized,” “You’re Joking,” and “Devastating.”
    Improved Halo: CE career stat tracking
    Resolved scoring and time HUD reset and display issues
    Made an update to ensure that rival emblems are displayed correctly

HALO: CE
    Improved consistency and reliability of shot registration
    Improved headshot hitboxes
    Fixed an issue where respawning players could momentarily appear at their death location
    Made an update to ensure that the match ends when the entire opposing team quits
    Improved fall damage consistency (specifically in regards to uneven surfaces)
    Improved Halo: CE menu and loading screen stability
    Improved consistency with multikill rewards
    Made an update to improve post-game carnage report accuracy for Halo: CE FFA games
    Updated default language settings

HALO 2
    Made an update to ensure that the team color shown in pre-game lobby matches in-game
    Improved a variety of networking issues to allow for improved consistency between host and clients in peer to peer matches
    Improved a variety of networking issues to allow for improved gameplay consistency
    Made an update to service tag functionality, allowing for service tags to appear for all players
    Improved the post-game carnage report to correctly display team color
    Made an update to ensure that the match ends when the entire opposing team quits
    Improved “original” medal icon functionality in split-screen
    Improved host migration functionality
    Corrected “headshot” stat tracking
    Addressed a crash that occurred with the Scarab skull
    Addressed art errors that occurred on the opening cinematics for “Uprising” and “High Charity”
    HALO 2: ANNIVERSARY
    Made an update to prevent players from gaining achievements in Forge
    Improved Forge item display names
    Resolved text overlapping issues
    Improved split screen stability
    Made an update to resolve the notorious “-1th” scoreboard text
    Improved lobby functionality to address players not being able to reconnect to the party leader after completing a match
    Improved host migration functionality
    Corrected vehicle and weapon thumbnails in the “Tools of destruction” table in the post-game carnage report
    Addressed a dedicated server issue that caused gameplay physics issues on Stonetown
    Improved split-screen party functionality to ensure that players are not directed to a broken lobby screen after completing a game session
    Improved Forge mode stability
    Made an update to King of the Hill scoring to prevent multiple hills from counting down at the same time
    Improved Shrine objective spawn points
    Improved King of the Hill and Ninjanaut mode stability
    Addressed an issue where controller vibration could persist during the pause menu
    Improved Race mode respawn zones
    We have additional content updates on the way, and work is already underway in an effort to continue to improve your experience with Halo: The Master Chief Collection. We thank you for your continued patience and support.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
  • Karl.
    edited November 2014
    I got Limbo for free for the one year anniversary and for being an early adopter.
  • The Prodigalson
    Karl. wrote: »
    I got Limbo for free for the one year anniversary and for being an early adopter.

I did too.
  • Karl.
    I got a bunch of other ? like wallpapers and gamerpics too. Apparently there were some decent prizes out there.
  • John_Blazini
    Same plus free Sunset overdrive stuff
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i got an xbox one yesterday enjoying it but i dont like the ui at all.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    i got an xbox one yesterday enjoying it but i dont like the ui at all.

Same.
    And the downloads take ? forever.
    Only played Diablo 3 so far.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got the bundle yesterday. Is anyone getting The Crew when it comes out?
  • scrapper1
    scrapper1 Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    how is Sunset Overdrive?