NFL 2K COMING back!?!

Options

Comments

• momanpr100
    momanpr100 Members Posts: 482 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ? is ? . ? wasnt checking for nfl 2k back then. the only reason people was checking for 2k in the first place was cause it was cheaper. becasue you see now with nba2k its now $60. the same people ? about madden are the same people that buy 2k every year without realizing its the same game every year also. whats changed from 2k14 from 2k13. same my player mode, franchise mode, same game for the past 3yrs. like i said it was never gameplay that yall appealed to it was the cheaper price, but now thats gone. 2k would never have nothing on madden, 2k never had nothing on madden but the price differential.
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    momanpr100 wrote: »
    ? is ? . ? wasnt checking for nfl 2k back then. the only reason people was checking for 2k in the first place was cause it was cheaper. becasue you see now with nba2k its now $60. the same people ? about madden are the same people that buy 2k every year without realizing its the same game every year also. whats changed from 2k14 from 2k13. same my player mode, franchise mode, same game for the past 3yrs. like i said it was never gameplay that yall appealed to it was the cheaper price, but now thats gone. 2k would never have nothing on madden, 2k never had nothing on madden but the price differential.
    Have you played 2k. For one thing the bodies are proportioned right, the QBs mechanics are far better and even a game like 2k5 had better animations than current Madden. You have no idea what you're ? talking about.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    momanpr100 wrote: »

Respectfully gotta disagree. 2K had Total Control Passing YEARS before Madden did, momentum, gang tackles, stat tracking out the ass, presentation, snow, graphics, etc. The price thing didn't happen until near the end of its run. I was copping full price because it was simply a better game (2K2 had the ? ghost ball glitch to give the CPU, but even then...)

People who knew ? with 2K hard body. The problem is 2K was a Dreamcast property initially, and PS2 came through like Snoop and crushed the buildings. People had been buying Madden so long at that point that it was religion. I still remember when cats told me 2K5 was added to the 360 compatibility list on here. Think I didn't go dig that ? out the box and go in.

People been on 2K head since 2K12 about it being unchanged for the most part.
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't even watch football and I played and loved NFL 2K. Tried the Madden series and it was garbage! The first person mode in NFL 2k was dope.
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just the presentation of 2K to me that stands out. 2k was like a real life football game with stat overlays, action replays, awesome halftime show.

Had no name commentators but they were funny and conversations throughout the game. Something madden have yet to figure out damn near 10 years later
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    nj2089 wrote: »
    LL
    Unfortunately man from what I've been told there is a deal with madden (I don't know if it's exclusive) but i haven't been told by any player that they've been scanned by Ecomotion.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Madden and COD series are both trash now
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I had both back in the day. 2K IMO was not on Madden's level.

I remember Game Informer or one of those magazines has an article about NFL 2K dropping knowledge about it's issues. ? act like it was perfect.
  • lordhonka2
    lordhonka2 Members Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yall stupid nobody was checkin for 2k ? bought 2k then got mad cause they friends played madden foh madden aint all good but lets not rewrite history.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lordhonka2 wrote: »
    yall stupid nobody was checkin for 2k ? bought 2k then got mad cause they friends played madden foh madden aint all good but lets not rewrite history.

So EA sports purchased the NFL license why?

Bruh 2k sports started to dominate sports games. NFL 2k on dreamcast prolly better than the newest Madden
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2K sports sold NFL 2K5 for $20.00. EA dropped the price of Madden that year to 39.99. EA seen the writing on the wall..
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm saying though, 2k should just make a no-name football game. get creative with it, and put it for download only for 20 bucks. show that the play dynamics are better than madden. enough people buy it, the NFL will take note.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    ? wont be able to play a new NFL 2K game until they die and go to heaven. sad to say.
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How is that even legal for EA to do that?
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm saying though, 2k should just make a no-name football game. get creative with it, and put it for download only for 20 bucks. show that the play dynamics are better than madden. enough people buy it, the NFL will take note.

They did that a few years ago......? belly flopped
  • Frankb93
    Frankb93 Members Posts: 6
    Options
    Definitely cop it.
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    How is that even legal for EA to do that?
    EA had to pay out 27mil so I doubt the next deal will be exclusive but it'll still cost a lot of money preventing 2k from bringing in a new game.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options

That's right, they did.

All-Pro_Football_2K8_%28PS3%29.jpg

But it's a new generation though. Madden sales have never been this low. and EA has never been as disliked as they are now. 2k has never had more credibility with sports franchises (except maybe baseball). I'm telling you, it can be done.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's right, they did.

But it's a new generation though. Madden sales have never been this low. and EA has never been as disliked as they are now. 2k has never had more credibility with sports franchises (except maybe baseball). I'm telling you, it can be done.

Good point. I used to remember people back in the PS2 generation lining up overnight for the latest Madden, but now, Madden ain't even all that anymore. EA has been ? on and rightfully so.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Apf2k8 wasn't a go because they didn't offer a real franchise mode.
    That in itself was impressive because there is a big community that still mods and plays the game even fir it's one season
  • BlackxChild
    Options

That's right, they did.

It had some cool concepts to it, if you go back and watch some vids the animations and the look was still far better than than Madden. Lets be real though Everyone wants to play with nfl teams.
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    Watch this vid and you'll see why 2k8 was better than Madden on Ps4
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That ? looks straight ass