MAKE YOUR OWN LABEL FINALS. JUDGES VOTE: *Sion Records Wins*

Comments

• Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will drop my vote after the community vote. This is a good match-up.
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm voting for @sion cause we ? .
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I vote @ Sion

You need solid producers for your albums which he has. Sion records has more variety which is key
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I vote @Sion

You need solid producers for your albums which he has. Sion records has more variety which is key

• daboyag1
    daboyag1 Members, Writer Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Damnnn, I missed out on the community vote. I think Sion should win this though, because his label is constructed and organized very well. Although I like Dubbz label alot, I just think Sion's has more stability and consistence.
  • GovernmentCheese
    GovernmentCheese Members Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @daboyag1 you didn't miss the community vote, your votes counts.

@sion is leading @tonydubbz 3 - 1 for the community vote, best of 5.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sion wrote: »
    Got dayum I'm gonna be away from a computer and the internet for 36 hours :(

Gonna be the most nerve racking ? ever SMMFH I'm curious as hell how this gonna come out in the end.....

kobe.gif
  • Purr
    future sales: sion based on the top artists he has like em, 50, and jay e.
    future critical acclaim:sion because these artists already have critical acclaimed.
    longevity: sion because his artists already have longevity.
    album covers/tracklist: sion.
    roster/tracklist cohesion: sion.
    overall: sion because we are ? .
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    Got dayum I'm gonna be away from a computer and the internet for 36 hours :(

Gonna be the most nerve racking ? ever SMMFH I'm curious as hell how this gonna come out in the end.....

kobe.gif

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

I know what you sayin but you just NEVER know for sure fam LOLOL, the judges may feel otherwise. I don't wanna get over excited and then have my soul crushed LOLOLOLOLOL.

You have this on lock... Dubbz I called it.

You and Sion in the finals.

Sion is going to run with this.

and before anyone says anything or why I took sions side from the start because

"THAAAAAATTTTSSSS MY HOOOOOOOOOMMMMIIIIIEEEEE" *NATE DOGG VOICE*

tumblr_li5qnqHLVR1qf4wvco1_500.gif
  • GovernmentCheese
    evilchuck wrote: »
    future sales: sion based on the top artists he has like em, 50, and jay e.
    future critical acclaim:sion because these artists already have critical acclaimed.
    longevity: sion because his artists already have longevity.
    album covers/tracklist: sion.
    roster/tracklist cohesion: sion.
    overall: sion because we are ? .

h852784D0
  • Purr
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Menace has no shame he loves Sion...
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea behind this series. I'll check it out and vote when I get some time later today.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i need to wait until my zzmbien wears off then i and exlain why i pick sion
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Sion gets my vote
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    I ain't even going to lie I ain't peeped these threads since the T/S asked me to sticky them but those albums got me wishing some of them were real lol
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just one more vote for the homie @sion and its a wrap. Great game!

I'm ready to play again!
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    future sales..sion- em and dre will always have future sales....people lov dre's sound and white people love em
    future critical acclaim- sion- em will always have the anticipation factor
    longevity- sion- rick rubin will always have respect in the game. so will em. but tim has the crossover appeal that takes the pop fans. skyline really doesnt have longevity...they have more of a current trend type thing going that can be replaced with anyone except maybe rihanna and diddy wont have musical longevity but will mkae money in other ways.
    album covers/tracklist, skyline got this.....can you say ? ?lol
    roster/tracklist cohesion. sion.....em, 50 and dre is a three headed monster that will destroy jay and rihanna anyday

so sion gets my vote....an i not even high..lol
  • GovernmentCheese
    Sion Records wins the community vote 4 - 1 and now leads SkyLine Records 1- 0
    The community vote is over now and only votes from judges will count for the rest of the match.

@Sion 1 - @Tonydubbz 0 Best of 7

Judges, ya'll can vote now.
    @Michael_Malice
    @Icecoldstew
    @Peezy_Jenkins
    @Supersoaker
    @Missk
  • _Menace_
    this whole time its been community votes? lol this been going on for a week now.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    future sales: both teams have heavy sales hitters, and em and dre would prolly sell a lot, but the rest of sion label trending downward in terms of sales imo, gotta give the slight edge to dubbz, jay and rhianna prolly can still go plat, outkast would get a great response, miguel too, songz and diddy may still have star power
    future critical acclaim: gotta give the edge to sion, not the biggest fan of face, em, banks, or electronica but they would probably get a lot of high critical acclaim marks, of course outkast jay krit and mos def can compete with em but sion just came with too much heat here lol
    longevity: i give the edge to dubbz here, more albums that i can see hitting with a bigger portion of the mainstream and lasting a bit younger, sion has some that can hit with the mainstream but ion see em lasting with them as long plus the artists are a bit past their prime outside of maybe electronica, and ion even see electronica hittin the mainstream
    album covers/tracklist: Sion wins here, he just went all out lol, dubbz had some dope ones but he had a couple below avg ones as well
    roster/tracklist cohesion: i give sion the edge here, he really had the right producers for the right rappers on his roster, not saying dubbz didnt but if i were listening i might like a lil bit more mixture of the producers used on certain albums
  • GovernmentCheese
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    this whole time its been community votes? lol this been going on for a week now.

I learned from this game so I'll be able to make adjustments for the next one. For ex. Imma change the community vote to best of 3 which will definitely speed things up.
  • Michael_Malice
    Will vote later on tonight.
  • MissK
    MissK Members Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Future sales - @Sion- he has some heavyweights that will sell off name alone even though many have been around a long time (Dre all day) As much as I stan for JayZ, he can't carry the whole label

Future Critical Acclaim - @Tonydubbz. I believe this was stated before and even in future sales the mention of older artists who no doubt will sell but how much longer is the question.

Longevity - @Tonydubbz, same reasoning as above.

Album covers/tracklist: @Sion was heavy hitting throughout the competition. Even those artists I am not a fan of (most notably Jay Electronica) was impressive and would have had me stopping to take a look at the tracklistings.

Roster/tracklist cohesion: @Sion

Overall - My overall vote goes to the winner of the most categories: @Sion

Shout out to
    @Sion
    @Tonydubbz

1373915539_memecenter_1373915342946_23.gif
  • Michael_Malice
    Future Sales: Skyline records has a nice mix of artist that could definitely have some strong sales but Sion Records is moving heavy weight. It's just hard to deny how strong the sales push could be for Sion Records. Couple that with what looks like a strong album listing and I just can't deny them.- Sion Records

Future Critical Acclaim: Have the majority of Sion Records artists climaxed? It's hard to say but I am going to take youth and potential ceiling on this one. Although it all depends on marketing.- Skyline Records

Longevity: I believe Sion Records runs away with this one and its not really close. They have been there and done that and still doing it. - Sion Records

Album Covers/Tracklist: Skyline records has some standout covers (Jigga) and some not so stand out covers (Rihanna). I looking at Sion Records covers and can't really find one that doesn't look like the real deal. As far as Tracklist, I think they both did a good job being creative and tapping into the artists heads of what could be. Tracklists was close but the covers pushed it. - Sion Records

Roster/Cohesion- Although Skyline Records looks good and feels good when it comes to Cohesion, Skyline Records is just too strong. Sion methodically laid out his roster and I watched him do it brilliantly to say the least.-Sion Records

Winner: Sion Records

I think this was closer than it actually looks but Sion Records was just too strong to deny in the end. Good job by both though.
This discussion has been closed.