The Notorious KnockOut Game Going On--just happened a few feet away from my job

Options
kingblaze84
kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://nypost.com/2013/11/22/nypd-hate-crime-unit-probing-brooklyn-knockout-attack/

The first confirmed New York instance of the notorious “knockout game” that has swept the country and terrified the city struck in Brooklyn Friday morning, law enforcement sources told The Post.

A 24-year-old Jewish man wearing a yarmulke was walking home from work near 18th Avenue and East 2nd street in Borough Park around 2:45 a.m., when he overheard a group of thugs behind him discussing “knockout,” the sources said.

One of the miscreants joked, “I know you can’t do it,” while another said, “No, you can’t do it,” sources said. The target of their sarcasm then roared, “Yeah, I can do it! Look, I’ll do it to this guy!,” sources said.

That’s when he punched the young man square in the face, knocking him to the ground, sources said.

The attack was the first confirmed “knockout game” attack in New York City – though the NYPD is investigating eight other recent attacks against Jewish people to determine whether they were also part of the brutal trend.

All four suspects stayed at the scene and were quickly slapped with handcuffs, sources said.

The thugs were ages 38, 34, 31, and 28 – and all of them have criminal records, sources said.

---I've heard of this game going on for about a month now and before the stories were of kids doing this. Now it seems grown ass men are doing this too. Anyone have an ideas as to why this game is getting so popular now for some??

Comments

• kingblaze84
    Options
    Some say there's a racial angle to this.....
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this ? stupid as ? , u wanna go to jail for a game? sounds ? .
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    well, the funny thing is, this is one of those stories (like "flash mobs") that racist dudes bring up all the time to prove whatever their generic complaints are. so it'll be really unfortunate if there's any truth to it.

• ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its getting popular the same reason as all these public shootings are, the instant media coverage is hyping ? up
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    well, the funny thing is, this is one of those stories (like "flash mobs") that racist dudes bring up all the time to prove whatever their generic complaints are. so it'll be really unfortunate if there's any truth to it.

Yeah it would be unfortunate but that's what it seems now. The last Brooklyn attack was from an Indian guy from Trinidad who said allegedly said something anti-Semitic before the beating according to rumors from the neighborhood I work at.....can't speak on the other attacks though
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    actually the knockout game was done back in the 90's in Washington d.c a dude went around knocking people out and peeing on them while his friend video taped it. he got caught and convicted for it. it was funny to me back then but now not so much.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its one thing when you're a stupid impressionable-ass teenager, but THESE 30 y/o ? ??? I wonder how funny they'll think it is when they're sitting in Rikers for a decade, ? ? .
  • dakidfrankie
    dakidfrankie Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? old ? ...still playing these weak ass games!
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    some old loser style ?

• KingTut23
    KingTut23 Members Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ? old ? ...still playing these weak ass games!
    Right. They need to expose these immature coward ?
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    I did bad things for fun when I was growing up, me and my bro used to spray people with roach spray outside my first floor window every Halloween or even throw orange juice from a bucket but I never would be throwing bows at random strangers damn
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ain't nothing new, someone just gave it a name.

Back when video cameras first became affordable, taping "incidents" was the thing to do. ? was a trend in DC for a minute until some clowns knocked out and shot a ? man in the ass, yelling to the homie who did it, that he was a young Mike Tyson. Instead of sneaking up behind him, they ? 'd him and asked him for directions, then when he turned to point, they snuffed him. Then another pulled out a pistol and shot him in the ass. It was only found out when a dope house was raided and the feds found the camera and watched the tape.

The "game" is on some sucka ? . You sneaking old women and men from behind for clout amongst one another? ? is just dumb these days.....
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    ReppinTime wrote: »
    Its getting popular the same reason as all these public shootings are, the instant media coverage is hyping ? up

Those public shootings are popular because America has an agenda. Anyone that believes virtually everyone that has committed one of these acts this year has some type of mental health problem is ignorant. The majority of people in America realize rather or not mental illness exist the mental health field can not diagnose this, because they do not use any scientifically proven test when doing such. It's simply the opinion of some so-called professional. So, they can call virtually anybody mentally ill, for whatever reason.

America will obviously come to you asking you to give them more rights to violate people when it comes to committing them to mental institutions against there will, and or owning firearms if they can not just straight up implement rules and laws without the citizens consent. There getting the media coverage because of the agenda. Open your eyes to what is called propaganda.

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Yeah it would be unfortunate but that's what it seems now. The last Brooklyn attack was from an Indian guy from Trinidad who said allegedly said something anti-Semitic before the beating according to rumors from the neighborhood I work at.....can't speak on the other attacks though
    yeah, the current cases in the media in the DC area seem to be "punching white women on bikes." it's not the most macho thing to be doing, to be honest.

• nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? old dumb as ? ...still playing these weak ass games!

fixed
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When
    Keepin'
    It
    ?
    Goes
    Perfect
  • twatgetta
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Basically what we have is ex-cons being let out of prisons and they have nothing to do and no jobs. Idle time to think up crimes. Tavis Smiley did a story on this some time ago I think.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    twatgetta wrote: »
    Basically what we have is ex-cons being let out of prisons and they have nothing to do and no jobs. Idle time to think up crimes. Tavis Smiley did a story on this some time ago I think.

This makes a lot of sense actually.....my boy told me tons of people are coming out of prison due to overcrowding and sentences just being up....I wonder what the rest of the year will bring, cuz the jobs that are available these days for felons and those with just GEDs or HS diplomas aren't really enough to survive on. And with so much free time people become frustrated with their situation and take it out on the weakest people they see
  • twatgetta
    Options
    This is just another way to speed up Martial Law. Obama is sick and tired of us "dumb Americans" not complying.

Let the criminals run wild until the people throw up their hands beggin' the Federal Government to do something. and that something,, will be Martial Law.

Obama can't wait. THEN Obamacare will be easier to force implement onto the masses.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Why... its because of its "trending" people like to follow trends and do things other people are doing.. regardless of what it is...

If ? starting rocking glass ? charms it would be a movement also

unfortunately its just the way some people operate
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what happened to the flashmob epidemic?
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Damn another knockout attack happened near my job LOL SMH......

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/woman-72-punched-knockout-article-1.1528934

Brooklyn cops probe another possible 'knockout' after woman, 72, is punched
    Mira Harpazi was walking on Vandalia Ave. and Pennsylvania Ave. in East New York around noon when a young man simply walked up to her and socked her in the face, sources said.

Police are investigating another possible “Knockout Game” attack in Brooklyn after a 72-year-old Russian woman was sucker-punched in the face on Monday, police sources said.

Mira Harpazi was making a trip to a pharmacy when a young man walked up to her around noon near the intersection of Vandalia Ave. and Pennsylvania Ave. in East New York and socked her in the mouth, the sources said.

The suspect said nothing to Harpazi, who was coming from Starrett City, and did not make an attempt to rob her, one law enforcement source told the Daily News. The suspect was described by the sources only as a black man in his early 20s.

The victim, who is Jewish, was taken to Brookdale Hospital and listed in stable condition, police said.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/woman-72-punched-knockout-article-1.1528934#ixzz2llZMgCJo

• kingblaze84
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    what happened to the flashmob epidemic?

Seems to have calmed down, but it'll come back.....
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »
    What do you all think about this POV....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da1ieqplH9s

He has a lot of good points, White kids have done ? fights and killings for fun and all that but right now there's more reports of the knockout game going on, so this the hot story. Kind of like slavery was the hot story in the 1800s, other stories didn't get as much attention, like the mass slaughter and genocide of Native Americans.....the media then and now for example portrayed Abraham Lincoln as the Great Emancipator but ignored how he helped slaughter Native Americans and ran them off their land to build the railroads coast to coast. The hot story always gets the most coverage, and in this case its because of all the knockouts going on.