Some of us saw the light

tumblr_ly234zaCSw1qbmmf7o1_r1_400.gif

Btw, Wall & Beal>>>> Them two waffle ? in Golden State
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irving/Waiters
    I was on the wagon bit these ? dysfunctional if they learn to play together they can be right up there with wall beam ..but for now wall/beam>>>>
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Irving/Waiters
    Beal*
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wall/Beal
    Will Irving & Waiters even be teammates at the start of the season? I'll take Wall and Beal bcuz this playoff experience they are getting right now will make them even better.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wall/Beal
    Some of us saw the light

curry>wall.
  • purpngold
    purpngold Members Posts: 7,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irving/Waiters
    boy, was i wrong
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wall/Beal
    Some of us saw the light

curry>wall.

Who said otherwise?
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irving/Waiters
    Honestly, it's not completely proven YET.

John Wall had 6pts and 8 assists last night. Game 1 he had 9 points, 9 asissts.

To the lay fan its the Wall and Beal show. To the real fan its Nene and Gortat that is why their killing. You dont see many teams play inside out anymore b/c the death of the center position.

But they happen to have TWO of about the only handleful of centers who can a) hit the mid range j, b) defend with strength, and c) get low post buckets.

I will say Wall and Beal are smarter for seeing the light earlier, but it aint over yet.

Cleveland is still young and they didnt do what Wash did (turn to veterans) yet. If they do, then you cna make an apples to apples comparison.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Wall/Beal
    S2J wrote: »
    Honestly, it's not completely proven YET.

John Wall had 6pts and 8 assists last night. Game 1 he had 9 points, 9 asissts.

To the lay fan its the Wall and Beal show. To the real fan its Nene and Gortat that is why their killing. You dont see many teams play inside out anymore b/c the death of the center position.

But they happen to have TWO of about the only handleful of centers who can a) hit the mid range j, b) defend with strength, and c) get low post buckets.

I will say Wall and Beal are smarter for seeing the light earlier, but it aint over yet.

Cleveland is still young and they didnt do what Wash did (turn to veterans) yet.
    If they do, then you cna make an apples to apples comparison.

maybe its something im just not quite seeing...

but what does bolded have to do with the comparison of wall/beal or irving/waiters?
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? upped this cause they were winning

He's pointing out that they haven't even been the Wiz best two players in these playoffs
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Wall/Beal
    yea, that could be true but nene and gortat playin well has nothing to do with which backcourt duo is better, nothing that I can see at least
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Irving/Waiters
    Waiters showed that he could be a great player when Irving was out with that injury which says something now if they can get on the same page it will be scary
  • S2J
    Irving/Waiters
    yea, that could be true but nene and gortat playin well has nothing to do with which backcourt duo is better, nothing that I can see at least

Rrrright...Clearly yall thought the battle was over since, just a few days ago, it looked like they were walkin into the ECF

Clearly im pointing out that the lay fan will automatically assume the 2 biggest names are the reason for it, but they're not. Its Nene and Gortat

Since when does a player avg 9ppg, shoot 40%, and thats somehow used as proof that he's part of the best backcourt.
    Wall has smartly took a back seat to the bigs, but low key, he's stunk up this series and to a lesser extent this playoffs. Hasnt shot 50% once.

Beal may be better than Waiters, but he hasnt distanced himself that much if at all from him

• Peezy_Jenkins
    edited May 2014
    Wall/Beal
    S2J wrote: »

Rrrright...Clearly yall thought the battle was over since, just a few days ago, it looked like they were walkin into the ECF

Clearly im pointing out that the lay fan will automatically assume the 2 biggest names are the reason for it, but they're not. Its Nene and Gortat

Since when does a player avg 9ppg, shoot 40%, and thats somehow used as proof that he's part of the best backcourt.
    Wall has smartly took a back seat to the bigs, but low key, he's stunk up this series and to a lesser extent this playoffs. Hasnt shot 50% once.

Beal may be better than Waiters, but he hasnt distanced himself that much if at all from him

i think its pretty clear to see that wall hasnt been having the best playoffs and they are using a balanced attack, especially with the chicago bigs being unable to contain nene and gortat, lay fan should still able to see that if they just watch the games, and i was never sure they'd walk into the ECF personally, ion think anyone is using the 9ppg and 40% as proof as much as they are using the entire season and the fact this backcourt actually led their team somewhere as proof. and imo bolded is part of what makes wall better than irving, instead of tryna keep forcing it and playin worse, he's done a better job of spreading the ball around and making the team better. i think for this season, the battle is definitely over. maybe irving and waiters will come with an improvement next season that will result in the bumping of this thread.
  • S2J
    Irving/Waiters
    ^^^Which goes back to my point: Kyrie CANT take a back seat b/c he doesnt have a Nene and Gortat. He cant look smart b/c he has to chuck to an extent. Its not a fair comparison. Im glad we agree.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wizkids.......
  • MontyM.Max
    MontyM.Max Members Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bledsoe and Dragic>>>>>
  • jaemooms
    jaemooms Members Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
    Didnt even know this thread existed.

So yea when Dion Waiters starts he shoots a higher fg% and averages more points per game the Beal....and when he comes off the bench he still shoots a higher fg% then Beal and only averages one point less in less minutes and less shots then Beal.

Neither of them dish enough dimes to make a real argument. The only thing anybody can make a case for Beal with is 3 point%,

BUT THAT IS IT!!...........thats if you just talking facts and stats....but this is the IC. I know ? riding comes first.