True Detective (HBO) - TV Series

Options

Comments

• Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just noticed Errol is Remus from boardwalk. HBO sure does love recycling its actors
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A ? was nervous as ? . I just knew Hart or Rust was gonna get merked in either the house or the tunnels. GOAT show
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Me and my pops beeb talking about this show everyday, he says the writers claim to answer everything in the show you just have to pay attention so im guessing if to many clues add up then it is what it is, so like ive been saying hart daughter has been touched on smh
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looking back this ? kinda off the wall...

I get that it's about them, the need to solve a case, true definition of a detective...but meh....

Finale didn't satisfy...

However great job by the two leads.
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm re-watching this series again...trying 2 catch ? that I missed the 1st time around.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm re-watching this series again...trying 2 catch ? that I missed the 1st time around.

WORD IMa have to find time download all 8 ep's get me a board to put clues on and some jameson because we all missed shot if where still asking questions apparently
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just finished it in two days.. MM winning best actor in a mini series at the Golden Globes and so is this show. Dudes stock is at an all time high.. I hope he doesn't go back to the romantic comedies.
  • Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The way the show was going I was expecting a more satisfying finale. All these theories we had and it ended with them just killing the lawn mower guy. Maybe I missed it but was carcosa just the old ruined building/tunnel? Did the old black lady know about the cult? Still think something happened to Marty's daughter.
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yall ? need to watch this a 2nd time...I'm already finidng things that I missed and I'm only on episode 3...DAMN..the enidng it pretty much one of the same monologues MM did in episode 2 when he was talking about his daughter...deep ? it made me like the ending more
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tymoney19 wrote: »
    The way the show was going I was expecting a more satisfying finale. All these theories we had and it ended with them just killing the lawn mower guy. Maybe I missed it but was carcosa just the old ruined building/tunnel? Did the old black lady know about the cult? Still think something happened to Marty's daughter.

1373222307098.jpg
  • alligatorhalfman
    alligatorhalfman Members Posts: 186 ✭✭✭
    Options
    gwdcJHe.gif

Rust bites the head off your Easter bunny.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Would like to see Ed Norton and Giancarlo Esposito (Gus Fring) in Season 2. how is the next season going to top this season
  • _Jay_
    _Jay_ Members, Administrators Posts: 3,689 My Name Is My Name.
    Options
    I'm late as hell on this one...

binge-watched all last weekend playin catch-up...still gotta catch the final 2 episodes. lovin this show, glad to hear that it's being renewed for another season, HAVE NO IDEA how it's gonna be done without McConaughey and Harrelson...but will be watching
  • J. Will
    J. Will Members Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    J. Will wrote: »
    I was kinda expecting them to show us what was on the video, for us to grossed out and feel like killing the ? ourselves...really wished they wouldve gotten more into the whole cult but if they are picking this up later, im cool with the finale

Why would you wanna watch them ? and murder a little girl

cmon now...i wanted to see if they would show the faces of those involved...
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vnce Vaugn may be in season 2.For those who only know him for comedy check out Clay Pigeons.And lets not forget Woody is mostly a comedic actor too,but can go dark.

From E news:
    "From Wedding Crashers to True Detective? Vince Vaughn is in talks to join the HBO drama for season two as one of the lead characters, E! News has confirmed.
    According to our source, Vaughn is in preliminary discussions to play one of four lead roles. No deal has been signed. Colin Farrell and Taylor Kitsch, who emerged as possible frontrunners, are also still in talks, according to insiders.
    TVLine first reported the news of Vaughn's involvement with True Detective.
    Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson starred in the first season and both received Emmy nominations for their work in the dark drama.
    Casting rumors for True Detective season two have run rampant with names such as Jessica Chastain and Brad Pitt reportedly attached to the project. HBO president Michael Lombardo told reporters at the 2014 Summer TCA Press Tour that casting announcements could come any day.
    MORE: True Detective creator knows when the series will end?
    "The two scripts we have are, I hate to jinx it, but are more exciting than the first season," Lombardo said. "[Creator Nic Pizzolatto has] blown us away with the first two episodes."
    What do you think of a True Detective with Colin, Taylor and Vince? "
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vince Vaughn is an awful choice.
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vince Vaughn is an awful choice.

You don't even know what role he's playing, or anything else about the characters and plot so how is he a bad choice?
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    To me he's a bad choice and incredibly overrated. as in why do they still hire this guy to make movies overrated. I honestly can't remember the last movie he made I liked. And no, I didn't like Wedding Crashers.

Edit: Ok, not counting movies hes had bit roles in, like Anchorman, only 2 he's made I enjoyed were dodgeball and old school.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't think they could come close to season one with the jobs mccaugney and harrelson did. Now I know they can't.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To me he's a bad choice and incredibly overrated. as in why do they still hire this guy to make movies overrated. I honestly can't remember the last movie he made I liked. And no, I didn't like Wedding Crashers.

Edit: Ok, not counting movies hes had bit roles in, like Anchorman, only 2 he's made I enjoyed were dodgeball and old school.

Made was funny af imo
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man I've decided this show is all about showing the world that mediocre actors are really actually very good at their craft. I don't care who they cast the plot is gonna be GOAT based off of season 1 imo
    I mean Woody Harrelson and Matthew Mcconaughey I almost dropped the show off that prospect alone. At least watch the fist ep
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man I've decided this show is all about showing the world that mediocre actors are really actually very good at their craft. I don't care who they cast the plot is gonna be GOAT based off of season 1 imo
    I mean Woody Harrelson and Matthew Mcconaughey I almost dropped the show off that prospect alone. At least watch the fist ep

I always thought of both of those dudes as pretty good actors.They may have made bad movies but they both got talent.
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

No love for Swingers??? The hell's wrong with you?
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

McConaughey was coming off a string of good to great movies before True Detective though. The Lincoln Lawyer, Bernie, Mud, and Dallas Buyer's Club.