True Detective (HBO) - TV Series

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    If Giancarlo Esposito isnt 1 of the cops, ill be highly upset...
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    Man I've decided this show is all about showing the world that mediocre actors are really actually very good at their craft. I don't care who they cast the plot is gonna be GOAT based off of season 1 imo
    I mean Woody Harrelson and Matthew Mcconaughey I almost dropped the show off that prospect alone. At least watch the fist ep

McConaughey was coming off a string of good to great movies before True Detective though. The Lincoln Lawyer, Bernie, Mud, and Dallas Buyer's Club.

Killer Joe was good too
  • Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vince Vaughn ......... I'm good I can't picture him in a serious role
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    “The second season of True Detective will follow the death of Ben Caspar, the corrupt City Manager of a fictional California city who’s found brutally murdered amidst a potentially groundbreaking transportation deal that would forever change the freeway gridlock in California."

Three law enforcement officers from different cities and branches of the government are tasked with finding out who did it. They soon discover their investigation has much broader and darker implications than they initially thought.

Caspar’s 52-year-old corpse is found on a lonely stretch of the PCH near Big Sur - his eye burned out, ? cut off and satanic symbols etched on his chest. It turns out he had a penchant for rough sex and may have been involved in the occult.”

http://www.mvtvsv.com/2014/08/true-detective-season-2-plot-details.html
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    Man I've decided this show is all about showing the world that mediocre actors are really actually very good at their craft. I don't care who they cast the plot is gonna be GOAT based off of season 1 imo
    I mean Woody Harrelson and Matthew Mcconaughey I almost dropped the show off that prospect alone. At least watch the fist ep

McConaughey was coming off a string of good to great movies before True Detective though. The Lincoln Lawyer, Bernie, Mud, and Dallas Buyer's Club.

Killer Joe was good too

It started off good but then that ? just got too weird for me. I still never look at "K Fried C" the same.
  • Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watched all 8 episodes in 2 days mannn, ? grabbed me by the throat.

The second I saw that lawmower dude, I knew it was him...(cause he played remus in BE) and the flaw in shows like this/detective genre in general(hell watch law n order), the moment you see a "famous" actor, you know he or she probably gonna have something to do with the crucial aspects of the plot......especially when he was absent in the later episodes....

but yeah, incredible show, Rust is one of my fav characters of all time, one of the goat series....

for the next season I hope Idris(from Luther) and Di Caprio or whoever the ? gets a role as a detective. Only dudes I can think of now that could follow the bar MM set up...
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    I thought the second season was supposed to have female detectives?
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They couldn't get Jessica Chastain so they musta been like ? it might as well stick with a winning formula.
  • Alkinduz
    Alkinduz Members Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah I also read that Collin Ferrel might play as one of the detectives?

honestly dont know what to expect from season 2, Id reckon they change city/state, but the rest?
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alkinduz wrote: »
    Yeah I also read that Collin Ferrel might play as one of the detectives?

honestly dont know what to expect from season 2, Id reckon they change city/state, but the rest?

Dude just posted the plot outline above me. It's set in California.
  • twentyfivelighters
    Options
    I thought the second season was supposed to have female detectives?
    Will Munny wrote: »
    They couldn't get Jessica Chastain so they musta been like ? it might as well stick with a winning formula.

I've kept up with it supposedly:

Colin Farrell - Ray Velcoro: damaged detective male character
    Taylor Kitsch - Paul Woodrugh: damaged detective male character
    Elisabeth Moss (yes Peggy) - Ani Bezzerides: sheriff with a troubled past
    Vince Vaughn as the main antagonist Frank Semyon.

• suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like the Taylor Kitsch and Elizabeth Moss casting. I hope that happens. If Colin Ferrell can keep that accent in check he'll be good too. I'm not too sure about Vince Vaughn. Over the years, he went from respectable to a joke like Deniro. I like the Ed Norton suggestion somebody mentioned earlier. Doesn't matter. It's not like I won't watch regardless.
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just started watchin this ?

Im on Ep 2 right now its boring so far and im kinda lost but i hope it picks up
  • GTariq
    GTariq Members Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TonyDubbz wrote: »
    Just started watchin this ?

Im on Ep 2 right now its boring so far and im kinda lost but i hope it picks up

Just keep watching...
  • twentyfivelighters
    Options
    I was hoping McConaughey was gonna win that Emmy; same with best drama series
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this series was the GOAT, i binge watched 2 weeks ago in 3 days
  • TonyDubbz
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Lmao yo bruh, Martin Hart is a stupid muhfucka, how he get caught cheating 2 times.
  • TonyDubbz
    Options
    Damn this was a good show, I just finished it. Happy I gave it a chance after yall said I should keep watching past episode 2. ? really picked up from that point on
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just finished smh I slept on this great show