Is Derrick Rose unofficially on Grant Hill Status until proven otherwise?

Options
DOPEdweebz
DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
edited November 2013 in From the Cheap Seats
In terms of he will never recapture his superstar/all star form he once had.

Is Derrick Rose unofficially on Grant Hill Status until proven otherwise? 73 votes

Yes
45%
rap mysterioakomaxtraestarGot Em ShookKNiGHTSGettinLoineedpussysr_the_freshmanyung$gman82ploccilledoutPanchoYoSanchoThe Lonious MonkL.O.S.T.[Deleted User]Billy_PonchonepatsAristo_V300BlackThor356 33 votes
No
23%
JusDre313mikelewisiron man1KameKeepOnPushingWhoisDonG???A$AP_A$TONT. SanfordVader_F_KennedyPeezy_JenkinsHyenaKillaBoldChildUndergroundraplegendYoung StefVisionBOasis9TRAYavi8erboi 17 votes
Maybe So
31%
Bender Rodrigueztru_m.a.csobekalmighty breeze5th Letterzombiethe ghostjoeyfkncrakkTheBossmannujerz84Mister B.TheBoyRoYoung_Chitlinandre_1024purpngoldnj2089JLlama1980Angeles1son85Neophyte WolfgangMARIO_DRO 23 votes

Comments

• coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yup.

Grant, Penny, to a lesser extent Roy.... etc...
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, the superstar days are over. He can still be a good player if he works on his jump shot
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He can still be successful though
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would have to see him return before putting that on'em. Way too early for that ? . People didn't know Hill and Penny were done until they returned and looked like a shell of themselves.

And like Tommy said, Blake Griffin blew out his knee his *real* rookie year and then ? up his meniscus in '12. Different positions, but still, these players aren't robots or NBA2K programs -- they're humans. Humans don't always do like you think they will. Word to Adrian Peterson.
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He more like Penny Hardaway actually.
    Grant had more years putting up more numbers, tho was probably not ever MVP good.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope, he's not as good as Grant Hill.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    nah, at least i hope not, i think if he has any problems itll be mentally
  • Heavy In The Game
    Heavy In The Game Members Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe So
    He won't be the Derrick Rose of old that's for sure, but he has a chance to still be an All-Star caliber player (a 2nd option on a great team) if he can work on his J and his court vision. It may seem impossible but he needs to completely change the way he plays, especially how he attacks the basket (its bad for his knees).
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    its over. he sat out all last season like a ? and look what happened. he is mentally weak even though he from the southside. and i guess his addidas commercial is wrong cause he aint got ball no more. hell retire this season
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yall sentencing him so damn quickly
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    He can always change his game to stay a superstar.
  • rap mysterio
    rap mysterio Members Posts: 171 ✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Dude is finito
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Yes
    yall stupid not to see its oooooovvvveeeeer. he's mentally weak one and he cant do no work. who remembers when the ? took his sat?
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »
    He more like Penny Hardaway actually.
    Grant had more years putting up more numbers, tho was probably not ever MVP good.
    the ? ...
    G hill was better than Penny you just liked his kicks more

Yall some dumb ? . We saying the same thing.
    I'm saying Grant was better than Penny. That Rose was more like Penny, which was <Grant hill
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    No
    ineedpussy wrote: »

yall stupid not to see its oooooovvvveeeeer. he's mentally weak one and he cant do no work. who remembers when the ? took his sat?

You're dumb as ? , what does an SAT have to do with the NBA?

• iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Rose still young he'll be iight but it would benefit if he changed up his game to be more of a distributor and work on his floater game more as well as his jumpshot. It would also help if chi management actually got him some shooters and a number 2 guy that can help with the ball handling and scoring too.
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No more mvp, ever again, had high hopes on D Rose for this season, its a damn shame.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Accidently hit "No" when i meant to hit the Yes option, but i think he can still be good but not even close to what he use to be, the derrick rose "Dominance" player is over with , he'll basically be missing two years in a row with no basketball ..hell he only played what 10 games or so? so he pretty much missed two seasons in a row, it's really hard to sit that long and recover the rhythm in your game and touch.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    the biggest reason why hes done is not his knees but his confidence. I mean would you expect many players not to be hurt mentally if they went through the same ? ? Add to the fact Rose had confidence issues were exposed after the first ACL sprain. Career preservation or not dude was in practice doing full drills during the playoffs but didn't want to play 1 minute in the late reg season or playoffs for his squad. Meanwhile other ? on his team hurt were fighting through injuries and putting in work hoping rose would do the same.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with the "confidence" issue. His meniscus injury can and should heal 100% which means in about 6-8 months he'll be just as healthy as he was before the meniscus tear with no issues (i.e. Westbrook).

But so much of succeeding in pro ball revolves around the mental. That's how super-talented players end up failing in the league -- something's not right between the ears. Could be due to injury, lack of sport I.Q., etc, etc.

I think if he gets the chance to play at least 20-30 injury-free games next year in a row, he'll overcome that mental block and just start balling.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    For the confidence part he could go see a sports therapist to help wit that
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The lightskinned greg oden. Or brandon roy reincarnated