Do WWE Fans Care About The Shield?

Options
DOPEdweebz
DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
edited November 2013 in Off The Turn Buckle

Do WWE Fans Care About The Shield? 10 votes

Yes
70%
sobekkj_da_midwest_mobstaDOPEdweebzits....JOHN BT.Vick04silverfoxxbindayvez79 7 votes
No
30%
VIBESour-CreamTurfaholic 3 votes

Comments

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    i think they still care, but i feel what they're sayin, havent heard "lets go ambrose" or "lets go rollins" in a while, and ambrose us reign is pretty much a fail, u forget he's even the champion, but with they way they steal the show in the ring, its hard not to care bout em by the end of the night
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As a collective yes, individually not at all. Problem is they have no connection with the audience because they haven't really been able to build it.

They used to do the "believe in the shield" promos and then they slowed those down, Ambrose and nobody else is giving a spotlight or reason to care about them outside what they do in the ring. People are into their work though but their entrance does leave a bit to be desired.

I have seen shield signs, not a lot of them but I've seen them. The difference between them and the Wyatts is that the Wyatts are all about Bray Wyatt..full stop, I don't think anyone cares about Harper & Rowan like that. Also the Wyatts have merchandise, the hats, the sheep/goat mask, the shirts and stuff but what merchandise does Shield have?

I believe they should be more over than they are but they are over.
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    I think they still care, but probably to a lesser degree. To me, WWE messed up when they decided to make them the flunkies for HHH & Steph. The Shield should've stayed it's own entity and been groomed as this generations DX. How they're currently being used stunts their growth, imo.

Personally, I was hoping for the revival of Evolution and The Shield to be the ones to stand up as the resistance.
  • bindayvez79
    bindayvez79 Members Posts: 402 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    I like Reign and Rollins. Ambrose is alright. Dude is kinda ? up n the head. Thats what I like about him though.
  • ReppinBKtotheFullest
    ReppinBKtotheFullest Members Posts: 166
    Options
    I still like them even tho their matches and the beatdowns r getting kinda repetitive
  • Dave2one6
    Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    we want the shield vs the wyatts
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    They need to go back to corporate ministry/ brood type factions.
  • T.Vick04
    T.Vick04 Members Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    I think they would've been more effective as a "tweener" similar to Stone Cold. With their "injustice" being to help wrestlers like Daniel Bryan, Ziggler and other wrestler that didn't get the push they deserved.They could still use heel tactics ie beat downs and run ins. They could also use this to feud with wrestler they perceived to have had things handed to them like Cena and Orton. The way they used them made it stale because there was only so much they could do. To me personally, a wrestler or stable is only as good as the feud/story line their in. Hogan and Rock were never great wrestler but people loved the story lines and feuds they were involved in. They also should have used them in individual feuds or matches more to showcase their wrestling style, for the longest we didn't know their finishers.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    Bryan needs to join the wyatts.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    I see personal opinions in here, which is cool but it doesn't answer if the FANS like the Shield.

Besides the small crowds of IWC cats, hell no.

Sometimes they get NO reaction, like when HBK brought them out to face Punk.

The WWE Universe seems bored with them and they aren't hype behind any one dude.

Can't lie, they're getting stale as the Shield.

They can throw down but the group needs to split. The beat downs are old. The heat they have with eachother needs to hit boil and get over with.

They gotta push them as singles guys and give them time to get over with the crowd as heel or face.

We need to see how they do ok their own.