Do you think the belief that a woman can't raise a man is true?

Options
DafuqYo
DafuqYo Members Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
How much truth is in this statement?

I know alot of you guys here didn't have fathers in your lives so do you feel like half a man oppose to guys like myself that was raised with a father?

Comments

• Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Isn't your family on holiday today?

Go be the father that we never had..
  • DafuqYo
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    the literal meaning is that a woman can't teach a man certain things on her own.
    so it is true to a degree. a lot of men are raised by single mothers with the help of uncles and other males tho...

I wonder what these certain things are?
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DafuqYo wrote: »
    the literal meaning is that a woman can't teach a man certain things on her own.
    so it is true to a degree. a lot of men are raised by single mothers with the help of uncles and other males tho...

like how to get a ? .
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    False. Just look at @du_du
  • DafuqYo
    Options
    23125145 wrote: »
    u

like how to get a ? .

A woman should be capable of explaining to her son how to get a woman.

And if your mom is a ? well........... same thing.
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's why we have so many ? ? . That's why u can't change the channel without seeing ? ? . That's why prisons are over crowded. Dumb ? ? . That's why the unemployment relate is so high. If u work behind a desk it's cause you a fatherless ? ? . Fellas do us all a favor and commit that
  • Kat
    Options
    CONFLICT wrote: »
    That's why we have so many ? ? . That's why u can't change the channel without seeing ? ? . That's why prisons are over crowded. Dumb ? ? . That's why the unemployment relate is so high. If u work behind a desk it's cause you a fatherless ? ? . Fellas do us all a favor and commit that

wtf.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

the irony is that those things are the result of wealthy men who grew up with both parents.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my mother lie just like all women, I don't expect her to let me know how to get a woman. my father does that.
  • DafuqYo
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    1db_zps91404ac6.gif

Single white moms do get back in shape though.
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kat wrote: »

wtf.

It's true katy jobs that require u to sit all day with no skill, educational background. You a fatherless ? ? .
  • Will Munny
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    1db_zps91404ac6.gif

Single white moms do get back in shape though.

Not on this planet.
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree completely, a woman can't teach a man how to be a man
  • DafuqYo
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    I agree completely, a woman can't teach a man how to be a man

So there are no manly men that's been raised by single mothers?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its largely false, however there are certain aspects of manhood that a woman can't teach because she has no experience.

It's the same when the situation is reveresed, what can a man teach his daughter about being a woman? There are certain things that he can and things he has no experience with so he may need assistance.

It is also true that yor environment also teaches manhood/womanhood in its own way through peer groups and social institutions.

I'm not a fan of pastors or preachers but they are quickly becoming the chief father figures in the black community, same can be said for team coaches.
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Societally, yes.

But if you have a woman who decides not to practice or subscribe to the common qualities, characteristics, and beliefs of the typical North American Female, for example, then she could indeed raise a man.

A "man" and a "woman" are nothing more than sets of values / perceived roles in society. All this ? is man-made, and thus can be altered or decided against.

For instance, my Mother taught many of the things that I consider to have pushed me forward in life. My Father taught me things too, but many of them were discouragingly chauvinistic, primitive, and immature.

My Mother taught me patience, persistence, to think outside the box, to always ask questions, to never ask for favors, to never be a follower, that "formal education will make you a living; But self-education will make you a fortune," etc.

She taught me that I am the master of my own destiny.
    Imo, That > learning "how to be a man."
  • Kat
    Options
    Kat wrote: »

wtf.

It's true katy jobs that require u to sit all day with no skill, educational background. You a fatherless ? ? .

Okay this post excludes tons of desk jobs though.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No generalized statement like that is true.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    BEAM wrote: »
    Societally, yes.

But if you have a woman who decides not to practice or subscribe to the common qualities, characteristics, and beliefs of the typical North American Female, for example, then she could indeed raise a man.

A "man" and a "woman" are nothing more than sets of values / perceived roles in society. All this ? is man-made, and thus can be altered or decided against.

What you're saying is blasphemous.

Genesis 2:22

22The LORD ? fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man. 23The man said, "This is now bone of my bones, And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man.

But even if thats not your thing, if we washed all of society's rules out and started brand new today, buck naked nh, guess how gender roles would end up? The exact way they are now.

I.e. It's not "society" that deems a man does more physical labor; its because we're built stronger.

If we started from scratch and had to find food to live, a MAN would be the one to do it. So kudos to all the single moms and dudes raised by single moms, but just because something can be done, doesnt mean it should be done.

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? that @beam is correct.
    Society dictates "man"/"woman" gender roles and they interaction between them.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    ? that @beam is correct.

So there are no physiological differences between men and women?
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    ? that @beam is correct.

Thats like sayin society deems its the tall people who get the box on the top of the cabinet.

No, ngga, you bein tall dictates you gettin the box on the top of the cabinet.

We are animals right? Just imagine if animals in the jungle had your logic!? Bunch of ? ass Lions wake up talkin bout 'why i gotta be king of the jungle, lemme just chill'