Do you think the belief that a woman can't raise a man is true?

Options

Comments

• BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    What you're saying is blasphemous.

Genesis 2:22

22The LORD ? fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man. 23The man said, "This is now bone of my bones, And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man.

But even if thats not your thing, if we washed all of society's rules out and started brand new today, buck naked nh, guess how gender roles would end up? The exact way they are now.

I.e. It's not "society" that deems a man does more physical labor; its because we're built stronger.

If we started from scratch and had to find food to live, a MAN would be the one to do it. So kudos to all the single moms and dudes raised by single moms, but just because something can be done, doesnt mean it should be done.

Well sure, if we disbanded all of our advancements / accomplishments and went back to being cave / field people, then yeah, gender roles would indeed manifest the same way the did back when we were cave / field people..

But unfortunately for the point you're trying to make, we live in a modern society, all intact. In today's world, the "Alpha Male", the "Man", etc ~ All that ? is either already or swiftly becoming obsolete. In today's world, physical strength means nothing, except in the world of sports.. and that's entertainment.

And no, Christianity isn't my thing.
  • BEAM
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    So there are no physiological differences between men and women?

That matter in the world of today?

No.

Thats like sayin society deems its the tall people who get the box on the top of the cabinet.

No, ngga, you bein tall dictates you gettin the box on the top of the cabinet.

We are animals right? Just imagine if animals in the jungle had your logic!? Bunch of ? ass Lions wake up talkin bout 'why i gotta be king of the jungle, lemme just chill'

Were animals biologically, but mentally we've transcended the Animal Kingdom. We're not even the food chain anymore.

And what a ? Lion's "logic" is doesn't apply to me.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    ? that @beam is correct.
    Society dictates "man"/"woman" gender roles and they interaction between them.

Key terminology is "gender role" buddy, it has nothing to do with physical biology of men and women.
    ? that @beam is correct.

Thats like sayin society deems its the tall people who get the box on the top of the cabinet.

We are animals right? Just imagine if animals in the jungle had your logic!? Bunch of ? ass Lions wake up talkin bout 'why i gotta be king of the jungle, lemme just chill'

Society built the concept of cabinets altogether.

Animals have clearly defined gender roles. Using lions as an example in lion prides the female hunts primarily, this is te opposite of human society where the man hunts primarily. Humans created this concept of lions being "kings of the jungle", other animals don't treat lions any differently, and Lions also sleep for 14-16 hours a day so yeah they chill most of the time.

In other words your entire post is basura.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    BEAM wrote: »
    What you're saying is blasphemous.

Genesis 2:22

22The LORD ? fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man. 23The man said, "This is now bone of my bones, And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man.

But even if thats not your thing, if we washed all of society's rules out and started brand new today, buck naked nh, guess how gender roles would end up? The exact way they are now.

I.e. It's not "society" that deems a man does more physical labor; its because we're built stronger.

If we started from scratch and had to find food to live, a MAN would be the one to do it. So kudos to all the single moms and dudes raised by single moms, but just because something can be done, doesnt mean it should be done.

Well sure, if we disbanded all of our advancements / accomplishments and went back to being cave / field people, then yeah, gender roles would indeed manifest the same way the did back when we were cave / field people..

But unfortunately for the point you're trying to make, we live in a modern society, all intact. In today's world, the "Alpha Male", the "Man", etc ~ All that ? is either already or swiftly becoming obsolete. In today's world, physical strength means nothing, except in the world of sports.. and that's entertainment.

And no, Christianity isn't my thing.

If we disband everything....then rebuild it again and end up at the SAME point....Then thats proves its not "society", its INNATE!

And I'm not even trying to be funny, but it sounds like you also support androgny, homosexuality, kindergarten bathrooms that just say 'human'...all that melting ? BS

Man =/= woman. Never has, never will. I dont care what "advancements" we have. Nggas could start flying tommorow, they still gon need to anatomically build in a space for my ? in my jet pack. B/c i am a MAN Damon.

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? that @beam is correct.

Key terminology is "gender role" buddy, it has nothing to do with physical biology of men and women.
    ? that @beam is correct.

Society built the concept of cabinets altogether.

Animals have clearly defined gender roles. Using lions as an example in lion prides the female hunts primarily, this is te opposite of human society where the man hunts primarily. Humans created this concept of lions being "kings of the jungle", other animals don't treat lions any differently, and Lions also sleep for 14-16 hours a day so yeah they chill most of the time.

In other words your entire post is basura.

1290708698_magic-chair.gif
  • BEAM
    edited November 2013
    Options
    If we disband everything....then rebuild it again and end up at the SAME point....Then thats proves its not "society", its INNATE!

And I'm not even trying to be funny, but it sounds like you also support androgny, homosexuality, kindergarten bathrooms that just say 'human'...all that melting ? BS

Man =/= woman. Never has, never will. I dont care what "advancements" we have. Nggas could start flying tommorow, they still gon need to anatomically build in a space for my ? in my jet pack. B/c i am a MAN Damon.

No, because would suggest that history is innate; That things only could have happened the way that they did. I'm sorry, but our freedom of choice, our liberty to make decisions, renders that utterly ridiculous.

And physically you're a man, yes. But everything else has been suggested to you by society. None of it is innate.

1290708698_magic-chair.gif

Ironically, this gif itself is a testament to ingenuity, and your being incorrect.

Brains rules the world of today, and tomorrow.
    Brawn is nothing but entertainment.
  • DafuqYo
    DafuqYo Members Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    Options
    So Basiclly there's really not anything a woman cannot teach her son.
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    CONFLICT wrote: »
    Kat wrote: »
    That's why we have so many ? ? . That's why u can't change the channel without seeing ? ? . That's why prisons are over crowded. Dumb ? ? . That's why the unemployment relate is so high. If u work behind a desk it's cause you a fatherless ? ? . Fellas do us all a favor and commit that

wtf.

It's true katy jobs that require u to sit all day with no skill, educational background. You a fatherless ? ? .

Okay this post excludes tons of desk jobs though.

O ok
  • FourEfil
    FourEfil Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you have a parent that teaches you self-reliance, leadership, confidence, etc
    you have another parent that teaches dependent, follower, submissive, etc.
  • DafuqYo
    edited November 2013
    Options
    FourEfil wrote: »

One parent cannot possess all of those qualities?

Is it your belief then that those with one parent is lacking?
  • FourEfil
    FourEfil Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DafuqYo wrote: »

One parent cannot possess all of those qualities?

Is it your belief then that those with one parent is lacking?

Why of course, but exception to the rule.

Depends I know one girl that's doing great (single mom), can't think of anymore at her level.
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @EmperorRises is posting proof that a women cant teach a man how to be a man. This manboy aint ever growin up, he still wears dragonball Z button ups and leaves cookies out for Santa Claus.
  • TonyDubbz
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Most men who are raised by a single mother turn out to be feminine as ? or just straight up ? .

No lie
  • DafuqYo
    Options
    TonyDubbz wrote: »
    Most men who are raised by a single mother turn out to be feminine as ? or just straight up ? .

No lie

But that's the majority of the black male community yo.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    False. Just look at @du_du

I helped raise him...

shame on u. lol
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @ the end of the day... its take a man to become a man..

Your parents.. man or woman can do everything right to produced and give a man the tools to flourish and be accountable, responsible, and honorable these ingredients are damn near innate

This ? aint black and white..
  • TonyDubbz
    Options

No lie

Theres a lot of undercover ? /feminine ? out here bruh real ? .

You know they aint just gonna come out and tell u that they cried during Best Man Holiday..
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's why we have so many ? ? . That's why u can't change the channel without seeing ? ? . That's why prisons are over crowded. Dumb ? ? . That's why the unemployment relate is so high. If u work behind a desk it's cause you a fatherless ? ? . Fellas do us all a favor and commit that

I work behind a desk by day but by night, you don't don't wanna cross me in the streets...

Real ? know that breaking yo back for a day job(hard labour, unless is your own business) is not what's up...supplement that money with street ventures.

But to answer the question, my mother made me, and can break me...reason I'm not a worthless father is because of my mother.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    @EmperorRises is posting proof that a women cant teach a man how to be a man. This manboy aint ever growin up, he still wears dragonball Z button ups and leaves cookies out for Santa Claus.

I'm far more of a man than you'll ever be @tonydubbz
    And I had my father and uncles and grandfathers ? .
  • jono
    Options

No lie

You know they aint just gonna come out and tell u that they cried during Best Man Holiday..

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/495851/the-best-man-2/p1

Numerous ? weeping over that flick just look through it.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options

No lie

Lol go to the Lights, Camera, Action room. ? is ?
  • jono
    Options

Argument is fallacious and illogical.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BEAM wrote: »

That matter in the world of today?

No.

What about vaginas tho?
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Psychologically speaking,
    the differences between men & women are "traits & characteristics" deeply ? and perpetual over a course of centuries of expectations from society
    and the vast majority of people (consciously and subconsciously) abide what's expected of them

(hope that made sense)
  • TonyDubbz
    Options

I'm far more of a man than you'll ever be @tonydubbz
    And I had my father and uncles and grandfathers ? .

Yea well they must of all come from fatherless homes cause the ? from them definitely rubbed off on you