The Truth Shall Set You Free....

Options
Arya Tsaddiq
Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
“But I suppose the most revolutionary act one can engage in is... to tell the truth."

~ Howard Zinn

There have been many influential people who have contributed understanding to the populous by way of books and/or speeches. Many of these people where widely respected leaders or old, or new intellectual philanthropists.

Just drop some words of wisdom or ideologies from some of your favorite people throughout history.

Comments

• DafuqYo
    DafuqYo Members Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    Options
    It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    “After all, acknowledging unfairness then calls decent people forth to correct those injustices. And since most persons are at their core, decent folks, the need to ignore evidence of injustice is powerful: To do otherwise would force whites to either push for change (which they would perceive as against their interests) or live consciously as hypocrites who speak of freedom and opportunity but perpetuate a system of inequality.

~ Tim Wise
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    That ? dam credit dead it
    Think a ? head paying u back ? forget it-Christopher Wallace

That won't understanding....thats common sense
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
  • DafuqYo
    Options
    “A genius is a genius, regardless of the number of morons who belong to the same race - and a ? is a ? , regardless of the number of geniuses who share his racial origin.” ― Ayn Rand
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    “There really can be no peace without justice. There can be no justice without truth. And there can be no truth, unless someone rises up to tell you the truth."

~ Louis Farrakhan
  • Dirty Sanchez
    Dirty Sanchez Members Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "shark whale"

- premeer
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options

"If you 25 years old and you still walkin around talkin bout ? aint ? you need to get a handle on yo ? ? life and take some responsibility ? . What you mean to say is all the ? you ? wit aint ? . You need to figure out what it is about your ? that keep attractin aint ? ? ."

~ Katt Williams

• shit happens
    shit happens Members Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "i will never intervene in what a ? say"

Me
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    truth is hard, guilt is easy
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    “She left me for a ? dancer!"

Diddy
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    “There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered."

“For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others."

~ Nelson Mandela

There is wisdom in the hidden correlation between these two quoteds.....
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "There can be no hope without one rising up to the challenge and vibrantly bringing together a cohesive and united ideology of peace without that, we can never rise above the savagery we call our society" - Ajack
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time." - Honest Abe
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Hyde Parke
    Hyde Parke Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭
    Options
    “You talk when you cease to be at peace with your thoughts; And when you can no longer dwell in the solitude of your heart you live in your lips, and sound is a diversion and a pastime. And in much of your talking, thinking is half murdered.”
    ― Kahlil Gibran
  • DafuqYo
    Options
    Racism is the lowest, most crudely primitive form ofcollectivism.  It is the notion of ascribing moral, social or political significance to a man's genetic lineage -- the notion that a man's intellectual and characterological traits are produced and transmitted by his internal body chemistry.  Which means, in practice, that a man is to be judged, not by his own character and actions, but by the characters and actions of a collective of ancestors.   Racism claims that the content of a man's mind (not his cognitive apparatus, but its content) is inherited; that a man's convictions, values and character are determined before he is born, by physical forces beyond his control.  This is the caveman's version of the doctrine of innate ideas -- or of inherited knowledge -- which has been thoroughly refuted by philosophy and science.  Racism is a doctrine of, by and for brutes.  It is a barnyard or stock-farm version of collectivism, appropriate to a mentality that differentiates between various breeds of anmials, but not between animals and men.

-Ayn Rand
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kaffee: Colonel Jessup, did you order the Code Red?!
    Judge: You don't have to answer that question!
    Jessup: I'll answer the question. You want answers?
    Kaffee: I think I'm entitled!
    Jessup: You want answers?!
    Kaffee: I want the truth!
    Jessup: You can't handle the truth!
    handle-the-truth.gif
    Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives! You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall. We use words like "honor", "code", "loyalty". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!
    Kaffee: Did you order the Code Red?Jessup: I did the job that—
    Kaffee: Did you order the Code Red?!!
    Jessup: YOU'RE ? RIGHT I DID!!
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    “The only justification for ever looking down on somebody is to pick them up."

~ Jesse Jackson
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    "I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.”

~ Bill Cosby
  • Young Stef
    Young Stef Members Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I learned that the saddest thing in life is wasted talent but you can ask anybody from my neighborhood and they'll just tell you this is just another Bronx Tale
  • Young Stef
    Options
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.-Khalil Gibran
  • Young Stef
    Options
    I was taught be smart stay humble be hard don't fumble I was taught in this concrete jungle rumble young man rumble- Juelz Santana