Why do modern-day Christians totally neglect the Sabbath?

Options

Comments

• Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Judah Back wrote: »
    KingTut23 wrote: »
    cause they dont understand their own religion

I know my brothers are gonna look at me sideways because of this but this is partially true.

While I understand what @DoU and @Southpaw said, it still does not disprove the fact that most Christians believe Sunday is the Sabbath.

Some Christians do believe that Sunday is the Sabbath and some believe that if you don't get baptized, you go to hell.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I know my brothers are gonna look at me sideways because of this but this is partially true.

While I understand what @DoU and @Southpaw said, it still does not disprove the fact that most Christians believe Sunday is the Sabbath.

Some Christians do believe that Sunday is the Sabbath and some believe that if you don't get baptized, you go to hell.
    John 3:5-7 KJV

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of ? . That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Is He not referring to baptism? Did He not require John the Baptist to baptize Him? If Christ Himself needed baptism before He was deemed fully righteous, why not we?
  • Sour-Cream
    edited December 2013
    Options

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of ? . That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Is He not referring to baptism? Did He not require John the Baptist to baptize Him? If Christ Himself needed baptism before He was deemed fully righteous, why not we?

Not all of Jesus disciples were baptized and yet entered the kingdom of heaven. Matter fact the thief that was crucified along with Christ at his right side entered the kingdom of heaven by confessing Jesus as his personal Lord and Savior without. When the disciples went to the province of Asia, not all converters were baptized. Baptism is a symbol of expression like fasting to show obedience towards ? but it's not the end all be all. You can only enter through his son so you gotta know the son, to know the father.
    John 3:16

16 For ? so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Matthew 3:13-15

"Then Jesus came from Galilee to John at the Jordan to be baptized by him. And John tried to prevent Him saying, 'I need to be baptized by You, and are You coming to me?' But Jesus answered and said to him, 'Permit it to be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.' Then he allowed Him."

This meant it was a symbol of obedience and cleansing of the holy spirit.
    Acts 2:38

38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

It's forgiveness, as Christians we follow all steps out of obedience and love for ? and of course ? blesses us 10 times for it but it doesn't mean you go to hell. Had one guy scare me with this tactic before I was baptized telling me I'm a heathen and I'm going to hell, surely ? doesn't want his followers scaring people into feeling like they're too ? to go to church though, nah mean.
  • beenwize
    beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    Options
    http://forward.com/articles/9794/the-sabbath-planet/

Ze’ev Orzech writes from Corvallis, Ore.: “I am intrigued by the connection between the Hebrew name for the planet Saturn, shabtai, which comes from Shabbat, and the word ‘Satur’ or ‘Saturn’s day.’” How, he asks, are we to explain this?

That there is indeed a connection seems beyond doubt. The question is what came first. Did non-Jews call the seventh day of the week “Saturn’s day” because Jews called Saturn shabtai — that is, the Sabbath planet — or did Jews call Saturn shabtai because non-Jews called the seventh day of the week “Saturn’s day”?

To answer this question, we have to inquire when the word shabtai was introduced into Hebrew and when dies Saturni, “Saturn’s day,” entered Latin, from where it eventually spread to other European languages, including English. The earliest Hebrew text containing the names of the planets is Bereshit Rabba, a compilation of midrashim on the Book of Genesis, probably first put into writing in the fifth century C.E. In one place in it, there is mention of how long it takes the six independently moving celestial bodies of the moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn to orbit the seventh body, the sun. Mercury is called kokhav h.ama (“the Sun Star”); Venus, noga (“Brightness”); Mars, ma’adim (“The Red One”); Jupiter, tsedek (“Justice”), and Saturn, shabtai. (Uranus and Pluto, which cannot be made out with the naked eye, were unknown to the ancient world.) But while this gives us a latest possible date for the existence of these Hebrew words, it does not give us an earliest one: Although they are undoubtedly post-biblical, they quite conceivably could be considerably older than the redaction of Bereshit Rabba.

Looking at it from the Latin side of the picture, we know that the seven-day week reached the Roman Empire through the Christian church, which adopted it from Judaism, so that when the emperor Constantine institutionalized Christianity in the early fourth century C.E., it became part of the official Roman calendar. But the Romans also had a pre-Christian week of their own. Known as the “nundinal cycle,” it had originally had nine, and at a later stage, eight days, each cycle ending with a market day. This day was known as nundinae, and the other days were named for the sun, moon and five visible planets, each of which was believed to dominate one of them. Thus, there was dies solis or “sun day”; dies lunae or “moon day” (English Monday, French lundi, Spanish lunes); dies Martis or “Mars’ day” (French mardi, Spanish martes); dies Mercurii or “Mercury’s day” (mercredi, miércoles); dies joves or “’Jupiter’s day” (jeudi, jueves); dies Veneris or “Venus’ day” (vendredi, viernes); and dies Saturni. (French samedi and Spanish sàbado derive not from dies Saturni but from Latin sabbata, which goes back to Hebrew shabbat).

When did these Latin names come into existence? Our earliest bit of evidence for any of them, to which I was led by a great Hebrew lexicographer, Eliezer Ben-Yehuda, is an intriguing one — and most pertinent for our discussion. In the verse of Latin poet Tibullus, who lived in the first century BCE, there is a passage telling of a voyage he made from Italy to Greece despite his premonitions that it would turn out badly, so that, in my Loeb Classical Library translation, he kept searching “in my disquiet for reasons to linger and delay [setting out]. Either [auguries of] birds or words of evil omen were my pretexts, or there was the accursed day of Saturn to detain me.”

Accursed? Or would a better translation be “holy”? Tibullus speaks of dies Saturni sacra, and sacra in Latin can mean either of these two things depending on the context. One way or another, it seems almost certain that, even though he was not a Jew, Tibullus was referring to the Jewish Sabbath — whose ban on travel, if one was looking for a superstitious excuse to stay at home, might deter a non-Jew, too.

A second bit of evidence, also cited by Ben-Yehuda, comes from Tacitus, a Roman historian. Writing in the late first or early second century C.E., Tacitus tells us that the Jews rest every seventh day, and let the earth lie fallow every seventh year, in honor of Saturn, the seventh and highest of the heavenly bodies. Although he does not say that the Jews worship Saturn, Tacitus does state that it is considered by them to be the planet with the most powerful influence on human life.

Tibellus antedates Bereshit Rabba by 500 years. Tacitus does so by at least 300. It is likely, therefore, that dies Saturni is an older term than shabtai, and that, even before the rise of Christianity, the Romans, aware that the Jews rested every seven days and wondering why they did, attributed this to the role played in their religion by Saturn and referred to the Jewish Sabbath as “Saturn’s day.” Perhaps the other Latin names for the days of the week — dies solis, dies lunae, etc. — were modeled on dies Saturni and followed in the wake of it. But in any case, in the course of time the term dies Saturni would have influenced Jews, too, to associate their Sabbath with Saturn and to call the latter shabtai. This seems to me the most reasonable hypothesis.

Read more: http://forward.com/articles/9794/the-sabbath-planet/#ixzz2mNi9S4U7
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    I see. I was reluctant to say those that were not baptized were condemned to hell. But Christ does say they cannot enter the kingdom of ? , which is New Jerusalem.

Jesus promised him that he would be with Him in "Paradise". It does not say that he will enter the kingdom of ? , which is New Jerusalem. Paradise is the new world (i.e the new heaven (New Jerusalem) and new EARTH spoken of in the Revelation of John) after this world is destroyed following the 1000-year reign of Christ. Therefore it would make sense for the thief to be a part of new earth which will definitely be paradise since Satan will be absent and there will be no evil or war AT ALL. But He DID NOT promise Him the kingdom of heaven. That is not written.

For Christ did say in the Scripture I quoted above (John 3:5), one cannot enter the kingdom of heaven without being born again by WATER AND the Spirit. Though the thief is saved from the pit, he is not given the gift of the kingdom of heaven, according to Scripture. That is, unless the Scripture left out that he actually was baptized some time in his life.

Also, I do not understand why you believe all the disciples weren't baptize. The Word says otherwise.

John 4
    2 (Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples,)

• Sour-Cream
    Options
    I see. I was reluctant to say those that were not baptized were condemned to hell. But Christ does say they cannot enter the kingdom of ? , which is New Jerusalem.

Jesus promised him that he would be with Him in "Paradise". It does not say that he will enter the kingdom of ? , which is New Jerusalem. Paradise is the new world (i.e the new heaven (New Jerusalem) and new EARTH spoken of in the Revelation of John) after this world is destroyed following the 1000-year reign of Christ. Therefore it would make sense for the thief to be a part of new earth which will definitely be paradise since Satan will be absent and there will be no evil or war AT ALL. But He DID NOT promise Him the kingdom of heaven. That is not written.

For Christ did say in the Scripture I quoted above (John 3:5), one cannot enter the kingdom of heaven without being born again by WATER AND the Spirit. Though the thief is saved from the pit, he is not given the gift of the kingdom of heaven, according to Scripture. That is, unless the Scripture left out that he actually was baptized some time in his life.

Also, I do not understand why you believe all the disciples weren't baptize. The Word says otherwise.

John 4
    2 (Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples,)

There were many other disciples after the crucifixion of Christ including Saul/Paul. Baptism is simply discipline, you won't go to hell though, it is good to get baptized and fasting because it opens a spiritual door to ? and puts you in his good graces. I've been baptized, now I wanna fast. There are many verses that say the only way to the father and the kingdom of heaven is through the father. If baptism was the only way to enter heaven, it would be enforced over and over in the bible. Jesus did not have to get baptized because he was the new covenant and he's much higher than John but he did it for his father. No scripture says, if you don't get baptized, you will go to hell but many scriptures say that the only way to the father is through the acceptance of the son.
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    http://forward.com/articles/9794/the-sabbath-planet/

Ze’ev Orzech writes from Corvallis, Ore.: “I am intrigued by the connection between the Hebrew name for the planet Saturn, shabtai, which comes from Shabbat, and the word ‘Satur’ or ‘Saturn’s day.’” How, he asks, are we to explain this?

That there is indeed a connection seems beyond doubt. The question is what came first. Did non-Jews call the seventh day of the week “Saturn’s day” because Jews called Saturn shabtai — that is, the Sabbath planet — or did Jews call Saturn shabtai because non-Jews called the seventh day of the week “Saturn’s day”?

To answer this question, we have to inquire when the word shabtai was introduced into Hebrew and when dies Saturni, “Saturn’s day,” entered Latin, from where it eventually spread to other European languages, including English. The earliest Hebrew text containing the names of the planets is Bereshit Rabba, a compilation of midrashim on the Book of Genesis, probably first put into writing in the fifth century C.E. In one place in it, there is mention of how long it takes the six independently moving celestial bodies of the moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn to orbit the seventh body, the sun. Mercury is called kokhav h.ama (“the Sun Star”); Venus, noga (“Brightness”); Mars, ma’adim (“The Red One”); Jupiter, tsedek (“Justice”), and Saturn, shabtai. (Uranus and Pluto, which cannot be made out with the naked eye, were unknown to the ancient world.) But while this gives us a latest possible date for the existence of these Hebrew words, it does not give us an earliest one: Although they are undoubtedly post-biblical, they quite conceivably could be considerably older than the redaction of Bereshit Rabba.

Looking at it from the Latin side of the picture, we know that the seven-day week reached the Roman Empire through the Christian church, which adopted it from Judaism, so that when the emperor Constantine institutionalized Christianity in the early fourth century C.E., it became part of the official Roman calendar. But the Romans also had a pre-Christian week of their own. Known as the “nundinal cycle,” it had originally had nine, and at a later stage, eight days, each cycle ending with a market day. This day was known as nundinae, and the other days were named for the sun, moon and five visible planets, each of which was believed to dominate one of them. Thus, there was dies solis or “sun day”; dies lunae or “moon day” (English Monday, French lundi, Spanish lunes); dies Martis or “Mars’ day” (French mardi, Spanish martes); dies Mercurii or “Mercury’s day” (mercredi, miércoles); dies joves or “’Jupiter’s day” (jeudi, jueves); dies Veneris or “Venus’ day” (vendredi, viernes); and dies Saturni. (French samedi and Spanish sàbado derive not from dies Saturni but from Latin sabbata, which goes back to Hebrew shabbat).

When did these Latin names come into existence? Our earliest bit of evidence for any of them, to which I was led by a great Hebrew lexicographer, Eliezer Ben-Yehuda, is an intriguing one — and most pertinent for our discussion. In the verse of Latin poet Tibullus, who lived in the first century BCE, there is a passage telling of a voyage he made from Italy to Greece despite his premonitions that it would turn out badly, so that, in my Loeb Classical Library translation, he kept searching “in my disquiet for reasons to linger and delay [setting out]. Either [auguries of] birds or words of evil omen were my pretexts, or there was the accursed day of Saturn to detain me.”

Accursed? Or would a better translation be “holy”? Tibullus speaks of dies Saturni sacra, and sacra in Latin can mean either of these two things depending on the context. One way or another, it seems almost certain that, even though he was not a Jew, Tibullus was referring to the Jewish Sabbath — whose ban on travel, if one was looking for a superstitious excuse to stay at home, might deter a non-Jew, too.

A second bit of evidence, also cited by Ben-Yehuda, comes from Tacitus, a Roman historian. Writing in the late first or early second century C.E., Tacitus tells us that the Jews rest every seventh day, and let the earth lie fallow every seventh year, in honor of Saturn, the seventh and highest of the heavenly bodies. Although he does not say that the Jews worship Saturn, Tacitus does state that it is considered by them to be the planet with the most powerful influence on human life.

Tibellus antedates Bereshit Rabba by 500 years. Tacitus does so by at least 300. It is likely, therefore, that dies Saturni is an older term than shabtai, and that, even before the rise of Christianity, the Romans, aware that the Jews rested every seven days and wondering why they did, attributed this to the role played in their religion by Saturn and referred to the Jewish Sabbath as “Saturn’s day.” Perhaps the other Latin names for the days of the week — dies solis, dies lunae, etc. — were modeled on dies Saturni and followed in the wake of it. But in any case, in the course of time the term dies Saturni would have influenced Jews, too, to associate their Sabbath with Saturn and to call the latter shabtai. This seems to me the most reasonable hypothesis.

Read more: http://forward.com/articles/9794/the-sabbath-planet/#ixzz2mNi9S4U7

929b97147c15a4d94ac734033c692f0972454993d506ad9e34d7e575a19a2223.jpg

• luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm guessing this person who made this thread is most likely Seventh Day Adventist. Simply put to answer your question Christians do not neglect the Sabbath (the Holy day that ? rested and the day Jews worshipped) it is that Jesus is Lord over the Sabbath. Christians observe his resurrection which happened on Sunday. It is not to go away from the Sabbath it is to acknowledge that now Jesus is supposed to be worshipped everyday and in you. Just read the debate's Paul and Peter had in Galatians and Romans. This debate's already been had, but many Seventh Day Adventists ignore the rest of the old laws (that Jesus again Freed Christians from) and somehow pick only the Sabbath to determine is crucial to salvation; when the Sabbath was never, never, ever crucial to Salvation
  • beenwize
    Options

1.Abraham heard a voice that told him to ? his son... He had every intention to ? him until the voice told him not to..

2. This same dude (Abraham) pulled a DOPE FIEND MOVE...He went into Egypt, LIED and told pharaoh his wife was his SISTER so his ? ass could get a HOT PLATE.

3. Jacob FOUGHT ? , lied to his father Issac and STOLE HIS brother EASU BIRTHRIGHT... SMH.. His children became the So-called 12 Tribes of Isreal..

4. Moses raised in the royal family for the first 40 years of his life and taught all the mystery systems of KMT by the BEST PRIESTS.. He practiced and studied MAAT, Hieroglyphics, giving praise to the NETERU.. He didn't leave KMT until HE KILLED A MAN...

When look at the character of the FOUNDING FATHERS OF ISREAL AND OF JUDIASM what type of ? would even want to lay claim to the ? ..

SMH.. Black folks have got to wake the ? up...
  • beenwize
    edited December 2013
    Options

this ? ? promoting a false 12 tribes of Israel chart created by a cult member that said a man that died years ago was the Biblical King David REINCARNATED. that demiurge worshipping religion got you bugged out.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    beenwize wrote: »

1.Abraham heard a voice that told him to ? his son... He had every intention to ? him until the voice told him not to..

2. This same dude (Abraham) pulled a DOPE FIEND MOVE...He went into Egypt, LIED and told pharaoh his wife was his SISTER so his ? ass could get a HOT PLATE.

3. Jacob FOUGHT ? , lied to his father Issac and STOLE HIS brother EASU BIRTHRIGHT... SMH.. His children became the So-called 12 Tribes of Isreal..

4. Moses raised in the royal family for the first 40 years of his life and taught all the mystery systems of KMT by the BEST PRIESTS.. He practiced and studied MAAT, Hieroglyphics, giving praise to the NETERU.. He didn't leave KMT until HE KILLED A MAN...

When look at the character of the FOUNDING FATHERS OF ISREAL AND OF JUDIASM what type of ? would even want to lay claim to the ? ..

Thank ? that He came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. If there is hope for Abraham, Jacob, and Moses, by ? there is hope for me! Amen.
  • beenwize
    edited December 2013
    Options

Thank ? that He came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. If there is hope for Abraham, Jacob, and Moses, by ? there is hope for me! Amen.

There may have been hope for someone willing to offer his own son as a burnt sacrifice and others that murdered and lied, but for those that are still eating bacon there will be no hope for them. Amen.

Isaiah 66:17 KJV
    They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD.

• Sour-Cream
    Options
    Lol, Satan's prodigy is one dumb ? . You know Jesus eradicated some of the rules from the old Jews don't eat pork. (At least pork that's not blessed by a rabbi)

Also Jesus is the only reason why we're still here. ? would have wiped this whole planet clean if his son didn't die on the cross for our sins (Isaiah talks about his son preventing this). That's why the old and new testament are a little different but still the same. Ezekiel talks about loving thy neighbor and David was offered Sauls life in his hand but didn't ? him out of love for ? yet ? skip over it and say the old testament is full of bloodshed.
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    Old testament*
  • beenwize
    Options
    Lol, Satan's prodigy is one dumb ? . You know Jesus eradicated some of the rules from the old Jews don't eat pork. (At least pork that's not blessed by a rabbi)

Also Jesus is the only reason why we're still here. ? would have wiped this whole planet clean if his son didn't die on the cross for our sins (Isaiah talks about his son preventing this). That's why the old and new testament are a little different but still the same. Ezekiel talks about loving thy neighbor and David was offered Sauls life in his hand but didn't ? him out of love for ? yet ? skip over it and say the old testament is full of bloodshed.

Lol. I see I struck a nerve to all the swines flesh eating Christians. Isaiah 66:17 is not a law it is a so called "future" prophecy. Also to go along with the thread topic it says you all will be forced to worship from one Sabbath to another. I guess you not reading your own books.

Isaiah 66:15-24

15 For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

16 For by fire and by his sword will the Lord plead with all flesh: and the slain of the Lord shall be many.

17 They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the Lord.

18 For I know their works and their thoughts: it shall come, that I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come, and see my glory.

19 And I will set a sign among them, and I will send those that escape of them unto the nations, to Tarshish, Pul, and Lud, that draw the bow, to Tubal, and Javan, to the isles afar off, that have not heard my fame, neither have seen my glory; and they shall declare my glory among the Gentiles.

20 And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the Lord out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, saith the Lord, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the Lord.

21 And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the Lord.

22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain.

23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord.

24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.
  • beenwize
    Options
    The only constant we believe is that Jesus is Lord, all else falls into alignment. Sabbath is Saturday but since we know Christ healed on the Sabbath, we're not as strict on it as traditional Hebrews.

According to your Bible ALL FLESH will be made to come worship Yahweh from one Sabbath to another in a so called future prophecy so you might as well start now since this is the book you believe.

Isaiah 66:22-23

22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain.

23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    My ? , the book of Isaiah is in the old testament. That's like asking a Jew if he believes in Allah, ya dumb ? , lol.
  • BankrollVillain
    BankrollVillain Members Posts: 22
    Options
    Christians treat their religion like a salad bar...

take what they want and leave the rest that they dont like
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    well we can derail this thread and turn it into another 'make a fool outta Satan's followers' session.. the original premise has been properly addressed.

@beenwize according to the book of Josephus, Abraham taught your beloved Egyptians arithmetic, anatomy and astrology

The Works of Josephus Chapter 8
    2. For whereas the Egyptians were formerly addicted to different customs, and despised one another's sacred and accustomed rites, and were very angry one with another on that account, Abram conferred with each of them, and, confuting the reasonings they made use of, every one for their own practices, demonstrated that such reasonings were vain and void of truth: whereupon he was admired by them in those conferences as a very wise man, and one of great sagacity, when he discoursed on any subject he undertook; and this not only in understanding it, but in persuading other men also to assent to him. He communicated to them arithmetic, and delivered to them the science of astronomy; for before Abram came into Egypt they were unacquainted with those parts of learning; for that science came from the Chaldeans into Egypt, and from thence to the Greeks also.

There are alot of books that the Romans hid that would explain alot of things you don't understand about the Bible... If you saught them as opposed to did your best to disprove the Bible (which isn't possible, and you really just look silly) then you'd find the truth that you're looking for. But understand much of the things you post dont get a response anymore because it's downright silly and its clear you either A. misinterpreted what you read or B. you are trying to mislead those that are well-learnt in biblical texts
  • Black Boy King
    Options

like this post here... this post is so silly.. its really hard to believe you're serious... because it doesnt take a scholastic understanding to see where you are wrong in your ideas

1. ? tested Abraham and showed the world (as it was written and recorded) that Abraham was worth being that he was willing to offer up his own son in obedience to the ? , just as ? would offer (and indeed, did) His own Son to the world.

2. Abraham lied about his wife being his sister because he suspected they would have killed him to take her had he claimed the be her husband. He did it for her and his wellbeing. The Scripture says this clearly more times than once. Blatantly... It's not hidden..

3. Jacob wrestled with an angel. He didn't fight ? . Even small children know this...

-Esau sold his birthright. Scripture says this clearly. Then he still tried to go get the blessing which he already had sold. then he vowed to murder Jacob for his own mistake. Esau was the devil in this situation from beginning to end.

- Jacob's children are not the "so called sons/tribes of Israel"... they ARE the sons/tribes of Israel. Jacob's spiritual name is Israel...! And he received Abraham's and Isaac's blessing...! What are you saying dude?

4. Uh yeah, Moses lived in Egypt and was taught by them. at least you read something correctly... Then killed an Egyptian because he saw the Egyptian beating on a Hebrew, his brethren. But nevermind that, the Book of Jude speaks of Michael contending Satan over the body of Moses because..

Satan... claimed that Moses was evil because he killed a man....

..sounds famil-.... whatever...

Anyway, Michael the archangel didn't get into a war of words with Satan, he just straight up told him "The Lord rebuke thee" and that was the end of that. so.... you're fighting a battle that was lost thousands of years before you were born.
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    The only constant we believe is that Jesus is Lord, all else falls into alignment. Sabbath is Saturday but since we know Christ healed on the Sabbath, we're not as strict on it as traditional Hebrews.

According to your Bible ALL FLESH will be made to come worship Yahweh from one Sabbath to another in a so called future prophecy so you might as well start now since this is the book you believe.

23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord

Those that make it thru to the end will surely be willing to worship the Most High after they witness Satan's wrath and watch as the Lord saves us from it.

But currently, as my brothers have proven and I can now as well, followers of Christ are not required to follow Old Testament law, but follow commandments given by Christ. There is a reason Christ brought forth the NEW covenant therefore the previous one labeled the OLD covenant....

...And I'm assuming you are actually trying to reference the Most High when you keep saying "Yahweh".
  • beenwize
    Options

Those that make it thru to the end will surely be willing to worship the Most High after they witness Satan's wrath and watch as the Lord saves us from it.

But currently, as my brothers have proven and I can now as well, followers of Christ are not required to follow Old Testament law, but follow commandments given by Christ. There is a reason Christ brought forth the NEW covenant therefore the previous one labeled the OLD covenant....

...And I'm assuming you are actually trying to reference the Most High when you keep saying "Yahweh".

that's quite funny because I can show you many Israelite organizations that says keeping the Sabbath is a teaching of Christ and not just of the Old Testament. that's clearly confusion.
  • Black Boy King
    Options

that's quite funny because I can show you many Israelite organizations that says keeping the Sabbath is a teaching of Christ and not just of the Old Testament. that's clearly confusion.
    Romans 3:4

? forbid: yea, let ? be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

You speak to me as though you or I should be concerned more about what organizations of men do as opposed to what the Bible says. How does you showing me what organizations of men do nullify the Word of ? ?

You are correct, there is much confusion. This was prophesied that the sons of Israel would be lost and confused and following ideas and idols that our fathers never knew because they continued to transgress the laws given by ? .
    Hosea 4:6

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy ? , I will also forget thy children.

The Lord says "MY people". ISRAEL is ? 'S people. Confuse this not with those have claimed they are Jews today but are not, but lie, and are of the synagogue of Satan. They don't even believe in Christ, the Messiah, the Son of the living ? . Israel will NOT be a nation again until CHRIST returns. Israel is still currently scattered and lost.

But Daniel speaks that in the time of the end, "knowledge shall be increased". We are in that time. ? 's people are waking up and realizing who they are. Or at the very least, who they are NOT (that is, poor African savages that had no civilzation and needed to be taught how to live)
  • Black Boy King
    Options
    For the record, I am not apart of any Hebrew Israelite organization. I reach for knowledge whereever knowledge presents itself. The chart I've posted in my signature is one that I feel I can prove by comparing Scripture to USA and world history. I commend GOCC church for putting it together and giving valid reasoning though. But if it is indeed 100% correct, it is ? 's truth, not the organization's.

But that's neither here nor there; I have not made a thread pushing this idea. If anyone desires an explanation about it, I provided the link in my signature. Unless someone wants to make a new thread discussing who the lost tribes of Israel may be, I don't have any interest in discussing this any further.
  • beenwize
    Options

Romans 3:4

? forbid: yea, let ? be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

You speak to me as though you or I should be concerned more about what organizations of men do as opposed to what the Bible says. How does you showing me what organizations of men do nullify the Word of ? ?

You are correct, there is much confusion. This was prophesied that the sons of Israel would be lost and confused and following ideas and idols that our fathers never knew because they continued to transgress the laws given by ? .
    Hosea 4:6

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy ? , I will also forget thy children.

The Lord says "MY people". ISRAEL is ? 'S people. Confuse this not with those have claimed they are Jews today but are not, but lie, and are of the synagogue of Satan. They don't even believe in Christ, the Messiah, the Son of the living ? . Israel will NOT be a nation again until CHRIST returns. Israel is still currently scattered and lost.

But Daniel speaks that in the time of the end, "knowledge shall be increased". We are in that time. ? 's people are waking up and realizing who they are. Or at the very least, who they are NOT (that is, poor African savages that had no civilzation and needed to be taught how to live)

Your so called proof comes from the same ppl that say that eating of swines flesh has been changed by Christ lol, but as we see below in a so called "future" prophecy those that eat swines flesh will be consumed.

Isaiah 66:15-24

15 For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

16 For by fire and by his sword will the Lord plead with all flesh: and the slain of the Lord shall be many.

17 They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the Lord.

This discussion has been closed.