Beyond the rainbow: white extremists in South Africa

Undergroundraplegend
Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
channel4.com/news/beyond-the-rainbow-white-extremists-in-south-africa

In a remote field in rural South Africa, Channel 4 News finds a group of Afrikaner teenagers has arrived for a very different kind of summer camp: Kommando Kamp.

Thousands of young Afrikaners have undergone training here over the last two years.

The camp is run by Colonel Franz Jooste, a veteran of South Africa's army during the Apartheid era. The aim of his camp - to cleanse the boys of the "propaganda" they have been fed about racial harmony in the so-called Rainbow Nation.

"South Africa is bleeding," he explains. "And that is why we have to train our people to be prepared."

"You've got these millions and millions of blacks around you. Smothering you and killing you," he says.

"So you have to implement certain systems to survive. And that’s why we say the only system that we can go now for is not apartheid – that’s second prize. The first prize is freedom. We want to be free."

Most of the days are filled with gruelling physical exertion and army-style training. But as night falls they are given a series of lectures straight out of the racist text books that were taught in South African schools under Apartheid.

'We look different'
"There's a conflict between white people and black people in this country," Jooste tells the gathered teenagers.

"We must accept this. Why is there a conflict? Number one: there’s an external conflict. We look different. We don't look the same as each other."

"They have thick lips. Their lips are likely to curl upwards. Okay? We have thin lips. The negroes' ears on the inside are totally different from ours. It's much more sensitive."

"That's why us Afrikaners know to hit them on the ears and they will fall to the ground. Because their ears are made differently."

A black man has the intelligence level of a 14 year old white boy.
Colonel Franz Jooste
There's no discussion, no dissent, as Jooste quotes from the 1960's American segregationist Carleton Putnam.

"[Studies] clearly indicated that the ? 's inferiority to the white man, average against average, in many ways but in no way more significantly than in the size and the weight of the brain. Especially in the measurements of the brain's frontal cortex.

"Now we ask ourselves, is there a difference in the intelligence levels between a ? and a Caucasian?"

He cites the German missionary Albert Schweitzer, who worked in Africa in the early 20th century.

"One must look at the ? not as one’s equal but as a child. A black man has the intelligence level of a 14 year old white boy."

The lecture culminates in a call to arms.

Eugene Terre'Blanche (Image: Reuters)
'Brain washed by Mandela'
"We have the ability. We have the men. We just need to plant the will in you because you've been [brain] washed by old Mandela and all that stuff. Be proud of your people. Be proud of your race. Be proud of your faith. Be proud of your culture."

Colonel Jooste represents a small but vocal group of Afrikaners who, 20 years after the end of Apartheid, are determined to win their own "Volkstat" or Afrikaner homeland.

They are linked with other far-right groups in the country, most notably the Afrikaner Resistance Movement, the AWB. Its former leader Eugene Terre'Blanche (pictured right) was murdered on his farm in 2010.

Jooste says his group is now focused on helping Afrikaners defend themselves from the growing threat to white farmers in South Africa. He claims 2,000 farmers have been killed since the end of Apartheid 20 years ago in what he claims is a "genocide committed on our people".

While the paramilitary groups form a minority of white opinion in South Africa, they are still active and have been pursued by the government. In October, 19 members of a group called the Boeremag were convicted of high treason for a plot to violently overthrow the ANC government in the early 2000s.

Despite this crackdown, Colonel Jooste and his group are still busy planting their ideology in the minds of a younger generation.

'I don't have any black friends'
One of the teenagers at the camp is 15-year old Deon Barnard, nicknamed "Sparky." His parents proudly show off the certificates they got at similar training camps run by the AWB and say they have sent him on the camp to make a man of him.

"In the bible, it says black people must live with black people and white must live with white people. You cannot mix nations," he says.

"I don't have black friends. If they come to my side and ask to speak to me, I will say no. Or I will turn my back on them, and walk away."

"The truth is that there will definitely be a war in this country. So I'm preparing myself for a war that's coming."

The camp ends with the symbolic burning of South Africa's post-apartheid flag, and the hoisting of the old orange white and blue flag. The new recruits gather round as the camp leaders chant.

"No one will force us to stand under this flag. We Afrikaners want our freedom! We want our own country! Burn Bastard, burn!"

Comments

• Undergroundraplegend
    Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate doing 2 threads on the same day but I put this up cause it was interesting.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    they took your job
  • SixSickSins
    SixSickSins Members Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #KillAllWhites
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If those crackers don't like South Africa, they can go back to where they came from.

Problem solved.

• SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    "In the bible, it says black people must live with black people and white must live with white people. You cannot mix nations."
    - A White Guy Living in Africa
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "You've got these millions and millions of blacks around you. Smothering you and killing you," he says".

Ummmmmm excuse me you are in Afrika!!!!! what the hell do you expect.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How tf u gonna take up yourself and your cracka family and move to a continent, that is majority black....if u don't ? like black people.

It was called the dark continent for ? sake. Who they expected there, Hawaiians?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “we will move to your country, force ourselves upon you, violently take over, instill racist and savage laws...and get mad when were over thrown and claim racist shouldn't mix"

- sincerely , white people
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After studying afrikaner nationalism and the history of south africa I'm not suprised at this. The whole identity and culture of Afrikaners is constructed on the idea that there are racially superior to every other group
  • Copper
    After studying afrikaner nationalism and the history of south africa I'm not suprised at this. The whole identity and culture of Afrikaners is constructed on the idea that there are racially superior to every other group

They're dutch aren't they?

The logic of the European mind never ceases to confuse and disgust me
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda makes you appreciate the American racists. At least they would understand the stupidity of going to Africa and complaining about all the black people.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copper wrote: »

They're dutch aren't they?

The logic of the European mind never ceases to confuse and disgust me

Yup...it never fails.
  • Copper
    Europeans did the same thing in India
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats like me saying I hate cold weather & moving to buffalo or I hate ? and moving to frisco. Crackas and their racist ass logic......smmfh
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo for real white people are the cancer of the human race. They just savages yo. They all undercover racists too. I dont care if you voted for obama twice b, you still a ? racist.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AZTG wrote: »
    Yo for real white people are the cancer of the human race. They just savages yo. They all undercover racists too. I dont care if you voted for obama twice b, you still a ? racist.

Word. ? white people. They all suck. Except me.
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Afrikaners are just asking for their ? to be wiped of the map, they truly disgust me. They surely deserved it for their crimes against humanity during their apartheid dictatorship type government.
  • Tommy_Milfhitta
    Tommy_Milfhitta Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having grown up in South Africa and dealing with Afrikaners until my teenage years I can truly say they are one deluded group of ppl. Obviously not all but the majority of them. I fail to understand y u wud come to a country which is almost 80% black ppl and then complain about there being too many black ppl. R u ? serious?

I will say what every black South African has been saying.. "Go back to the country that your ancestors originate from if u don't like South Africa"
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #KillAllWhites

haha u mad bish

but yea nobody wants these white ppl from s.africa maybe they can go to russia, siberia, greenland
  • CracceR
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    Thats like me saying I hate cold weather & moving to buffalo or I hate ? and moving to frisco. Crackas and their racist ass logic......smmfh

or i dont like craccers and move to europe xactly

• Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having grown up in South Africa and dealing with Afrikaners until my teenage years I can truly say they are one deluded group of ppl. Obviously not all but the majority of them. I fail to understand y u wud come to a country which is almost 80% black ppl and then complain about there being too many black ppl. R u ? serious?

I will say what every black South African has been saying.. "Go back to the country that your ancestors originate from if u don't like South Africa"

Or their home countries of England and the Netherlands.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CracceR wrote: »

Nobody would give a damn about Europe if y'all didn't play poker with a deck of African countries.
  • CracceR
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    CracceR wrote: »

Nobody would give a damn about Europe if y'all didn't play poker with a deck of African countries.

mongolians and moors came to europe, europeans went to africa it is what it is.

but yea i met a s. african white dude and he was kinda racist.
    he did hang around blacc ppl sometimes but then he talked to me how blaccs in s. africa destroy the county and robbed his moms and ? and i told him s. africa is all fucced up they shoulda never claimed this place.
    but he was like we built everything there, these ppl would still live in hutts with bows and arrows, well he wasnt gettin off that.