NELSON MANDELA HAS DIED

Options

Comments

• reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.I.P. My mom made me when I was little read about him. Not gonna lie my memory of a lot of what he did has faded, but still R.I.P to one of the greats
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He is an example for the whole humanity.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ReppinTime wrote: »
    Morgan_Freeman.jpg

Damn RIP

Deadass the first thing that crossed my mind when I heard the news, LMFAO.

• DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RIP to the prisoner that became a President and was the driving force in ending apartide.

ummbn.jpg
  • TheRicanKing
    TheRicanKing Members Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.I.P
    I had just done a compare and contrast speech of him and Malcolm X in my Public Speaking Class.
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    RIP all he wanted was pure unrestricted freedom for his people.

talk about greatness in this age of internet radicals I don't even wanna read the comments here.
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.I.P
    I had just done a compare and contrast speech of him and Malcolm X in my Public Speaking Class.

There ver similar infact X influenced Mandela.
  • thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.I.P

What can you say about the man other then the fact he was truly great...the epitome of self sacrifice and courage.
  • thegreatunknown
    thegreatunknown Members Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A Great Man!!!
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    those Cacs on fox look constipated and uncomfortable when discussing Mandela
  • Iceberg Slick
    Iceberg Slick Members Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RIP to an all time great revolutionary
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maya Angelou wrote a poem for him "His Day Is Done"

http://youtu.be/PqQzjit7b1w
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i'm late because those damn ads kept me from signing in or giving reaction but r.i.p. his release from prison had a big impact down here in Miami. the Cubans disliked him because he gave castro props for holding him down all the years he was locked up. when mandela visited in 1989 the Cubans disrespected by protesting. so the blacks boycotted Cuban buisnesses and tourism shutting slowing down economics in Miami. i was 12 when he visited.

blacks actually got together and did some ? ....
    http://miami.cbslocal.com/2013/12/05/mandelas-impact-on-south-florida/
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So how long before the sofa seat black militant internet revolutionaries
    start to tarnish Nelson the ? Mandela's imagine.

Its sad to think but
    You know its coming.
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RIP Mandela. I'm going to see that movie with Idriss Elba playing him. I got nothing but respect for Mandela.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have to admit, there is quite a sense of satisfaction
    seeing all these Republicans paying tribute and respect to Mandela

only to have their ignorant racist Conservative voting base NOW turn on them for doing so

"Frankenstein's Monster" indeed

:-j
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why is this stickied?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

450840947.jpg.CROP.rtstory-large.jpg
    President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama pause at the memorial for President John F. Kennedy at Arlington National Cemetery last month.

PAT BENIC-POOL/GETTY IMAGES

President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama are scheduled to join tens of thousands of local mourners, dozens of other foreign leaders at the memorial service Tuesday for former South African President Nelson Mandela, the Associated Press reports.

South African officials told the AP that the crowd would likely surpass the normal seating capacity of Johannesburg's FNB stadium, where security is expected to be tight, as the list of presidents, heads of government, royalty and celebrities continues to grow.

An estimated 53 heads of state, government and ministers have confirmed attendance with the South African government, officials said Sunday. Also on Sunday, South Africans held a day of prayer and reflection for the country’s first black president, who died on Thursday.

Beside the Obamas, the AP said, a number of luminaries are scheduled to attend the memorial, including former presidents George W. Bush, Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter; U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki-moon and his predecessor Kofi Annan; British Prime Minister David Cameron and French President Francois Hollande. Peter Gabriel and Bono, celebrities who participated in the anti-apartheid movement, are also expected to attend the memorial.

BBC News Africa says a smaller number of international dignitaries, including the Prince of Wales, will attend the burial in the Eastern Cape village of Qunu, where the late president grew up.

"Madiba did not doubt the light. He paved the way for a better future, but he cannot do it alone," Sebastian Roussouw, a priest at Soweto's Regina Mundi Catholic Church, which was a center of the anti-apartheid struggle, told the BBC.

In Cape Town, the BBC reports, Archbishop Thabo Makgoba called Mandela “a powerful and continuing reminder that individuals have the power to make change happen in the world.”

Until the funeral on Dec. 15, a number of events will be held to commemorate the leadership of Mandela, who helped navigate the country away from white-minority rule.

His body will lie in state on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at the heart of the South African government in Pretoria, the BBC says.

Each morning it will be taken from the mortuary to city hall through the streets of Pretoria. Members of the public have been encouraged to line the route and form a "guard of honour".

To be sure, the eulogies and memorials might have have made the humble and self-effacing Mandela just a bit uncomfortable.

"It would be very egotistical of me to say how I would like to be remembered," Mandela said, according to a statement of his relased by the government. "I'd leave that entirely to South Africans. I would just like a simple stone on which is written, 'Mandela'."
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This Nelson Mandela image is made from words you used to describe the man.

Focus on Africa asked people to send a one word description for Madiba. More than 1,600 sent words.

1471354_10152985327077588_1932623720_n.jpg
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options