wowwww, Newt Gingrich ETHERed these racists attacking Mandela..."WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE?"

Options
Swiffness!
Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2013 in The Social Lounge
He defied Reagan back in the day on South Africa too, so its a consistent position. Say what you will about the man (his 2012 primary campaign was the most race-baity), but on THIS he's Broken Clock status...

Yesterday I issued a heartfelt and personal statement about the passing of President Nelson Mandela. I said that his family and his country would be in my prayers and Callista’s prayers.

I was surprised by the hostility and vehemence of some of the people who reacted to me saying a kind word about a unique historic figure.

So let me say to those conservatives who don’t want to honor Nelson Mandela, what would you have done?

Mandela was faced with a vicious apartheid regime that eliminated all rights for blacks and gave them no hope for the future. This was a regime which used secret police, prisons and military force to crush all efforts at seeking freedom by blacks.

What would you have done faced with that crushing government?

What would you do here in America if you had that kind of oppression?

Some of the people who are most opposed to oppression from Washington attack Mandela when he was opposed to oppression in his own country.

After years of preaching non-violence, using the political system, making his case as a defendant in court, Mandela resorted to violence against a government that was ruthless and violent in its suppression of free speech.

As Americans we celebrate the farmers at Lexington and Concord who used force to oppose British tyranny. We praise George Washington for spending eight years in the field fighting the British Army’s dictatorial assault on our freedom.

Patrick Henry said, “Give me liberty or give me death.”

Thomas Jefferson wrote and the Continental Congress adopted that “all men are created equal, and they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, among which are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.”

Doesn’t this apply to Nelson Mandela and his people?

Some conservatives say, ah, but he was a communist.

Actually Mandela was raised in a Methodist school, was a devout Christian, turned to communism in desperation only after South Africa was taken over by an extraordinarily racist government determined to eliminate all rights for blacks.

I would ask of his critics: where were some of these conservatives as allies against tyranny? Where were the masses of conservatives opposing Apartheid? In a desperate struggle against an overpowering government, you accept the allies you have just as Washington was grateful for a French monarchy helping him defeat the British.

Finally, if you had been imprisoned for 27 years, 18 of them in a cell eight foot by seven foot, how do you think you would have emerged? Would you have been angry? Would you have been bitter?

Nelson Mandela emerged from 27 years in prison as an astonishingly wise, patient, and compassionate person.

He called for reconciliation among the races. He invited his prison guard to sit in the front row at his inauguration as President. In effect he said to the entire country, “If I can forgive the man who imprisoned me, surely you can forgive your neighbors.”

Far from behaving like a communist, President Mandela reassured businesses that they could invest in South Africa and grow in South Africa. He had learned that jobs come from job creators.

I was very privileged to be able to meet with President Mandela and present the Congressional Medal of Freedom. As much as any person in our lifetime he had earned our respect and our recognition.

Before you criticize him, ask yourself, what would you have done in his circumstances?

- Newt Gingrich

https://www.gingrichproductions.com/2013/12/what-would-you-have-done-nelson-mandela-and-american-conservatives/

damn, its such a relief to see SOMEONE on their side call out all these insane White Nationalists in the comment sections.......I even saw crackas on Libertarian sites trying to hate on Madiba and talk about how Apartheid "wasn't that bad" SMFH......props to Newt, he's an ? and as cynical as any politician on the planet, but THIS was pitch perfect.

Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    i bet some cracccas are talking ? to him right now still
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's pretty ridiculous. Ted Cruz got attacked for praising Mandela too. This just goes to show how crazy the people in this country are getting. This is also the reason why these Republican politicians need to chill with all the stewing the ? their doing because clearly the people they are following are taking things way too far.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? is a double edged sword... its like Oprah calling anyone that speaks against Obama is a racist... The whole race card makes it damn near impossible to drop cold facts because it's not "politically correct"

I ain't been caught up in this media frenzy abt Mandela but I know ppls beef with him can very much be validated.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I don't really feel like the beef can be validated. Most of it is "He wasn't a great man, he advocated and ordered the killing of innocent people..." It's like Gingrich points out though. Dude was in a position where he already tried the peaceful and legal route and got nothing, so he felt he had to resort to violence to effect change. As soon as he found a nonviolent means he went back to that, so how can anyone that's never been in that position beef with him or what he stood for?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was really referring to the notion that he sold out south africa and the majority of Blacks therein
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everyone gonna put a spin on his life now that he is dead
    "who am I to ? tradition up"
  • Swiffness!
    Options
    The real story to me is that American Conservatism has basically arrived at a point where the only "good" "non-racist" blacks in human history are MLK Jr. and Thomas Sowell.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    The real story to me is that American Conservatism has basically arrived at a point where the only "good" "non-racist" blacks in human history are MLK Jr. and Thomas Sowell.

Sheeet, where you been. There are conservatives out there that been calling MLK Jr. a deviant for decades.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They been callin MLK a radical swiff come on man you should know better

only years after he died crackers have been tryin tp further their agendas by erroneously speaking through his words..
  • stackmaster 313
    stackmaster 313 Members Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah these white people can't wait for a brother to die to assassinate his character
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mandela was a better human being than 99% and 100% Europeans and achieved far more than anyone today. With that said these demons would had him imprisoned doing what their ancestors done to secure their freedoms. In reality the colonies were in the wrong and illegal war because they were greedy with their wealth. So they can shove it
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White man salutes white Jew for his terrorist work back in the late 40s against Palestine.... Ben-Gurion... but is disgusted by black men when they say and do it
  • Swiffness!
    Options
    lol nah yo, its more fashionable now for racists to gush over MLK. #1, it gives them cover. #2, they envy his success and wanna jack his swag (i.e "Tea Party is the new Civil Rights Movement", which i heard someone actually say at a Tea Party rally) #3, its a crucial part of their "The Blacks Are The REAL Racists Now" narrative. Once upon a time this man had a great Dream....then Welfare and Gangster Rap Music ruined everything :(

Plus MLK was a registered Republican DID YOU KNOW THAT? AND THE REPUBLICANS FREED THE SLAVES TOO! THE LIBERAL MEDIA NEVER TOLD YOU THAT DID THEY.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White people often show their true colors when people fight for freedom against THEM. George Washington and Thomas Jefferson to White people are "men of courage" who fought against the tyranny of the British Empire and won. Nevermind they committed genocide against Native Americans and treated their slaves poorly but yeah whatever, they are heroes....

Mandela, who fought against evil colonialists who plundered the country of its resources and killed hundreds of thousands of native Africans and other colored people, is suddenly the bad guy lol.....the Ronald Reagan generation remains the most racist and wicked of all White cracka American generations.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Mandela was a better human being than 99% and 100% Europeans and achieved far more than anyone today. With that said these demons would had him imprisoned doing what their ancestors done to secure their freedoms. In reality the colonies were in the wrong and illegal war because they were greedy with their wealth. So they can shove it

Exactly, I often wonder why is it that White people feel they are entitled to steal and commit murders all over the world so often throughout history. I would like to think it's not because White people are not just evil by nature and if it's not that, what the ? could be the reason?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Llewelyn Rockwell (libertarian) on Mandela, these are just excepts but you'll get the picture.
    1vk3.jpg

4aom.jpg
    reuv.jpg

iflp.jpg
    lvo0.jpg
    jono wrote: »
    Continued excerpts:
    wda8.jpg

buzp.jpg
  • jono
    Options
    That's so wack. Lemme see if I can upload them to a different site.
  • jono
    Options
    Well I don't have the screenshots anymore. Anyway he said that the Boers built a "magnificent civilization" and that Mandela would slaughter rival tribes just a lot of ? . If I ever find and upload them again I'll share.

The point is that these people aren't as principled as they claim, it's more propaganda
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    newt gingrich still a ? ? though
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Gingrich is not my cup of tea, but he is correct on this point.
    As soon as he found a nonviolent means he went back to that, so how can anyone that's never been in that position beef with him or what he stood for?
    well, it's possible that's not what their beefs with Mandela are. but let's be honest: there's no reason people can't be honest about the negative aspects of Mandela or any other historical figure. having marks against you doesn't make you a 100% terrible person; doing excellent stuff doesn't absolve you of all your sins. it goes the opposite way in a lot of conversations about Founding Fathers, for example.
    ...the Ronald Reagan generation remains the most racist and wicked of all White cracka American generations.
    if you really believe this, especially considering there were generations of Americans who LITERALLY ENSLAVED PEOPLE, then you need to pick up a damn book sometime.

and if you don't, come on, let's knock off the crazy hyperbole.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    As soon as he found a nonviolent means he went back to that, so how can anyone that's never been in that position beef with him or what he stood for?
    well, it's possible that's not what their beefs with Mandela are. but let's be honest: there's no reason people can't be honest about the negative aspects of Mandela or any other historical figure. having marks against you doesn't make you a 100% terrible person; doing excellent stuff doesn't absolve you of all your sins. it goes the opposite way in a lot of conversations about Founding Fathers, for example.

I'm not saying that Mandela is above criticism, and I don't think that the wrong he is guilty of overrides all the right. I'm just saying that I don't believe he's evil just because he advocated for violence. Sometimes violence is necessary or at the very least there are sometimes where it reasonably seems like the best option.
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Conservatives hate any black person who doesn't "know their place". You have to be a Clarence Thomas level uncle tom for them to see you in a positive light, but they probably still call him a ? to
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What parallel universe are we in where Newt speaks highly of a black person? wow I'm surprised
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    ...the Ronald Reagan generation remains the most racist and wicked of all White cracka American generations.
    if you really believe this, especially considering there were generations of Americans who LITERALLY ENSLAVED PEOPLE, then you need to pick up a damn book sometime.

and if you don't, come on, let's knock off the crazy hyperbole.

LOL ETHER yes you're 100% right. This I should know, especially after watching 12 Years a Slave (movie of the year by FAR, one of the top 5 greatest films I've ever watched) and also reading the book