AJ Styles leaving TNA

Options
ShencotheMC
ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
Report: AJ Styles Officially Leaving TNA Wrestling

Posted by Matt Boone December 9, 2013
As noted earlier, AJ Styles is not only accepting independent wrestling bookings in 2014, but is looking for regular bookings in the first quarter of 2014. According to reports, the reason for this is that AJ Styles will be officially parting ways with TNA next week.

The current contract that Styles is under with TNA right now is set to expire on December 16th. As of December 17th, AJ Styles will officially be a free agent.

We will have more details on this story on Monday morning.

[Credit: PWInsider.com]

Lol if this ain't a work or something, this is foul as ? . Especially since they just resigned Anderson.

Comments

• Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TNA need to pay dude his fair value, i never understood how they ? over their homegrown talent but throw big money at wrestlers that WWE throw away
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i guess we know who winning the royal rumble
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TNA need to pay dude his fair value, i never understood how they ? over their homegrown talent but throw big money at wrestlers that WWE throw away

Because TNA is all about that fuckery and poor business ethics

EVERYONE knows that AJ Styles is the face, body, soul, and the pillar of TNA, and they never did him right the 10+ he was there.

Even if they pay him his fair value, they'll misuse and waste him in storylines. How can you go from TNA Champion to X-Division champion, to becoming Ric Flair's understudy, to not even being on TV, in a matter of months?

• Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He needs to sign to WWE AND match with Punk and Bryan, that would be GOAT.
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    AJ Styles vs Orton at wrestlemania
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That would be a great opening 2-3 months for him but then after that Vince and Triple H would just job him out to Cena, Orton and Sheamus. AJ would forever be stuck in the midcard like Cessaro
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options

Triple H needs to sign not only Styles but Joe, Magnus, Roode, Aries, & Sabin!!!

Too bad you have to be friends with either him or Cena to get signed.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Will the WWE kid fans even know who AJ Styles is?
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Hopefully he has a theme that does him justice.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I really hope he comes back. Tna needs him
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    I really hope he comes back. Tna needs him

I think we're gettin worked.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aj resigning with TNA would be like when Matt hardy had a chance to be king of the indies but he came back to wwe jus to get jobbed out fir a steady paycheck
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think aj will eventually resign, thats the face of the franchise, even tho tna has tried so many times to treat him like dirt
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    Damn, I wish I was a WWE writer, them ? ? suck. Cena needs to be a heel and get rid of the wigga/patriot gimmick this way fans will like him then team him with shield.
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    Samoa and AJ need to go to WWE. Samoa vs Roman Reigns eventually making them a tag team against the USOs then a Samoa faction would be GOAT.
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    AJ Styles vs Orton at wrestlemania

Battle of the entrance, both them ? got the same showboat.
  • Mally_G
    Options
    the problem with AJ going to WWE is that they cloned him in the form of Evan Bourne. The more recent fans will think he's an Evan Bourne clone.

The WWE created Evan Bourne because they couldn't have the real AJ Styles.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »
    the problem with AJ going to WWE is that they cloned him in the form of Evan Bourne. The more recent fans will think he's an Evan Bourne clone.

The WWE created Evan Bourne because they couldn't have the real AJ Styles.

Bill & Ted whoa!!!!!

I thought that one time but dismissed it
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He needs to stay away from WWE, at his age I doubt they use him in any measurable way.

Besides he might get sent to developmental...which is disrespectful as ? considering he been on TV for 10 years already.

Might as well resign, or go be king of the indies.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aj Styles was apart of wwe back in day . He worked a couple jobber matches lol.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    well punk did drop some ? on face book last month asking his fans to rate aj styles
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HE BETTER GO 2 THE WWE...some good matches could happen..
    Styles vs. Punk
    Styles vs Bryan are my main 2.
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    Breaking News: AJ Styles Leaving TNA

By Ryan Clark on December 8, 2013

A.J. Styles appears to be departing from TNA for the first time since the company’s formation in 2002. Styles’ current contract extension expires on the 16th of the month and he will be a free agent after that; he has already begun taking independent bookings.

Styles and TNA reportedly couldn’t come to terms on money; with the company trying to cut costs, the two sides have had a wide gulf in the amount of money they wanted the deal to be for and despite the two-month extension signed in October, they were unable to work things out. TNA was unable to offer Styles what he had been making and Styles, who felt he was a big part of the company and its brand, wouldn’t agree to a lesser deal.

The departure of Styles has reportedly “sent a bad signal” to other TNA originals who have deals coming up; the message is that the company will lose their originals if they can’t make a deal fit their financial requirements. Styles is moving forward with outside projects such as his autobiography and his participation in a speaking tour of the UK next year.

More as we get it.

UPDATE: As noted earlier, AJ Styles is not only accepting independent wrestling bookings in 2014, but is looking for regular bookings in the first quarter of 2014. According to reports, the reason for this is that AJ Styles will be officially parting ways with TNA next week. AJ has already reached out to ROH regarding a return if WWE isn’t interested. In the past, WWE hasn’t been interested in Styles. We’re told AJ is open to all indy bookings at this point. As you can imagine, numerous promotions are interested in him.

We’re told Styles will NOT be appearing at ROH Final Battle in New York City as the show takes place this Saturday, December 14th. At that time, he’s still under contract with TNA.

The current contract that Styles is under with TNA right now is set to expire on December 16th. As of December 17th, AJ Styles will officially be a free agent and can work anywhere he wants.

We will have more details on this story on Monday morning.
  • Mally_G
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I bet if some ? like RKO were to get released on a 3rd strike from WWE, TNA will offer him a multi-million dollar deal with a financial stake in the company.

Just speaking hypothetically, but you know. TNA has an extremely bad history of overpaying for WWE/WCW castaways, and getting ZERO in return; then treat their own originals as if they're trying to steal from the company when it's time to negotiate a new deal.

The Kevin Nash's, Hulk Hogan's, Scott Hall's, Rob Van Dam's, Ric Flair's, even Kurt Angle's, of the wrestling world has come into TNA and financially pillaged that company to the point they can't even pay their ABLE BODIED and YOUNG talent. Not saying AJ is young in wrestling years, because he's damn near 40 himself, but he's able to put on a more visually stimulating match than any of the mentioned "legends" can today.

I have no idea why TNA signs these guys to the money deals they do; none of them have a fanbase that follows them, thus, that spike in the ratings TNA craves never happen. From jump, the signing is a bust if they can't even get over a .8 rating each week.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    even tho there was a time tna was ruining him

ion wanna see him go to wwe for the same reasons as 10 years ago when it was a rumor

they WILL ruin him

if they dont ruin him off top by callin him J.A. Wild or some ? , wwe(maybe even HHH specifically) will bury him in ring, sad to say i truly believe they'd have him lookin like paul pierce on the nets