Can Josh Gordon be the best WR in the league?

Neophyte Wolfgang
Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
Dude is balling out of his mind. He has had 3 ? ass QBs, (Campbell has played well though) and teams pretty much only game plan for him. Maybe Jordan Cameron to he has cooled off, but had a good game this week. And Gordon embarrassed Talib a supposed top 5 cornerback. What do ya all think? No prison of the moment post

Comments

• coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    Dude is balling out of his mind. He has had 3 ? ass QBs, (Campbell has played well though) and teams pretty much only game plan for him. Maybe Jordan Cameron to he has cooled off, but had a good game this week. And Gordon embarrassed Talib a supposed top 5 cornerback. What do ya all think? No prison of the moment post

Lmao the fact that you declare this shows you know it is, without a doubt, the very definition of prisoner of the moment.

Josh is the only offensive threat on a seriously offensively deprived team. There's your answer.

He's not even top 5.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He plays for the Browns. He will be traded for a 4th and 5th round pick on draft day.
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember Braylon Edwards having a year like this with a bad QB situation. I'm not sayin'. I'm just saying
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He is the best. I mean, the only thing that Megatron is better at is catching, running, blocking, and scoring touchdowns. Other than that, it makes sense. In fact, if Gordon finishes 2nd in the MVP voting, then Megatron should just ? himself. You see that pass he dropped yesterday? Washed.
  • jaemooms
    jaemooms Members Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
    Is he top 5 based off skill, no. This is only his second year and prior to that he basically sat out of football for two years.

Is he top 5 based off natural ability......I can make a case he's top 3. 6'3 230lbs, since he's came into the league the most common description has been "deceptively quick and long strides". One week ago he did something no WR in the history of the game has done. And this week he destroyed one of the best CB in Talib.

Week 12 Andre Johnson vs Aqib Talib 8 rec, 121 yds, 0 tds

Week 13 Josh Gordon vs Aqib Talib 7 rec, 151 yds, 1 td
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too early to tell. He has had the best five or 6 games but that doesn't count for year in year out. But to say he is better than Calvin johnson,Andre Johnson. AJ Green. Antonio Brown. Victor Cruz. Larry Fitz. Is too early to say
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i was at the game yesterday 15 rows behind the browns bench and that ? is tank lol. regardless of how bad the pats defense is he straight bullied talib yesterday
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaemooms wrote: »
    And this week he destroyed one of the best CB in Talib.

Week 12 Andre Johnson vs Aqib Talib 8 rec, 121 yds, 0 tds

Week 13 Josh Gordon vs Aqib Talib 7 rec, 151 yds, 1 td

This says more about Talib than Gordon IMO.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk bout the best in the league but the ? has been killing this year. I think he'll continue to put up big numbers as long as he keeps his head on straight
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talib been getting ate up

? shut down Jimmy and became all world.
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peanut_205 wrote: »
    Too early to tell. He has had the best five or 6 games but that doesn't count for year in year out. But to say he is better than Calvin johnson,Andre Johnson. AJ Green. Antonio Brown. Victor Cruz. Larry Fitz. Is too early to say

Have you seen his stats compared to the ? you just named
  • Negro_Caesar
    Yeah i have. ? has done it for one season. Did u think Peyton hillis was a top RB when he had his good season?
  • ericb4prez
    Peanut_205 wrote: »
    Yeah i have. ? has done it for one season. Did u think Peyton hillis was a top RB when he had his good season?

? who said anything bout peyton hillis and you talkin bout 1 season is the reason i brought that up antonio brown has only had 1 good season genius
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not as long as Calvin Johnson is healthy
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no, Calvin Johnson, Fitz, AJ Green are just a few names ahead of him, but lets not just discredit Josh Gordon he's been amazing dis year he has da potential to be top 5 if he stays outta trouble nd continues his strong level of play
  • prime_time_willy
    prime_time_willy Members Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Not as long as Calvin Johnson is healthy

I agree with this

Gordon is a monster and he is playing like an elite receiver right now

He'll be a top5 wr after the season is over

And ? still putting Fitz in the elite category? LMAO

What is this some life time achievement award or some ?
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Someone put fitz and antonio brown? Are you serious? No julio jones b marsh or demariyus thomas lol. You ? dont know football
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Of course coop had the worst answer, you just dont know sports. Dude played with 3 ? qbs missed 2 games due to suspension and still leads the league in yardage and breaking records at 22. If he is there only offensive weapon you telling me for the whole year they cant put a safety over the top to stop him? It would be that easy. I seen wrs get double covered and taken out of games except for calvin johnson and browns have a good te cameron who is another weapon. You do t know anything about sports. You sound like a women, your cowgirls got exposed lol. Gordon better then dez to
  • Negro_Caesar
    ^^ them ? too. I was just going off the first ? that came to mind. Gordon is nice but he ain't did enough
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Aj green has what locked he looks above average this year. And if you say dalton I will say weeden hoyer and campbell. Cincy got more weapons then cleveland. Green has a lot to prove himself and ya all sleeping on demariyus thomas. Some dude said antonio brown lololol
  • coop9889
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    Of course coop had the worst answer, you just dont know sports. Dude played with 3 ? qbs missed 2 games due to suspension and still leads the league in yardage and breaking records at 22. If he is there only offensive weapon you telling me for the whole year they cant put a safety over the top to stop him? It would be that easy. I seen wrs get double covered and taken out of games except for calvin johnson and browns have a good te cameron who is another weapon. You do t know anything about sports. You sound like a women, your cowgirls got exposed lol. Gordon better then dez to

Lol gordon better than everyone in the league except calvin now?

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

"All you have to do to stop a wr is put a safety over the top"

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The troll is strong in you kid.
  • ericb4prez
    ? was givin AJ Green props after 1 good season but we gon downplay josh gordon?
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Exactly eric..... and gordon had a solid rookie year. You telling me nfl teams cant gameplan for one player? Lol then I guess he must be really good. Gordon has a lot to prove he is still young, barring no serious injuries or off field issues I think dude can be a top 3 wr.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Youu said gordon is all they have yet nfl teams cant gameplan for him.....smh. dude has below average qbs throwing him the ball lol. Johnson is the only offensive weapon in detriot. Whats your point? Bush tailed off and johnson been doing it before bush came lol
  • coop9889
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    ? was givin AJ Green props after 1 good season but we gon downplay josh gordon?

But no one was tryna say he's the BEST IN THE LEAGUE. Jesus Christ. We've seen AJ be consistent for 3 years. If Josh Gordon does this next year sure he may be considered as a top 10.

But lol @ even trying to compare him to Calvin Johnson. That's so prisoner of the moment it's not even funny.
This discussion has been closed.