Can Josh Gordon be the best WR in the league?

Options

Comments

• coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    Youu said gordon is all they have yet nfl teams cant gameplan for him.....smh. dude has below average qbs throwing him the ball lol. Johnson is the only offensive weapon in detriot. Whats your point? Bush tailed off and johnson been doing it before bush came lol

Because he's THE BEST RECEIVER IN THE LEAGUE ? .

Log off.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So what is gordon if he has more recieiving yards then johnson and broke records?
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Options
    Aj green wasnt on a tear like this and he took a step back this season
  • prime_time_willy
    prime_time_willy Members Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    ? was givin AJ Green props after 1 good season but we gon downplay josh gordon?

But no one was tryna say he's the BEST IN THE LEAGUE. Jesus Christ. We've seen AJ be consistent for 3 years. If Josh Gordon does this next year sure he may be considered as a top 10.

But lol @ even trying to compare him to Calvin Johnson. That's so prisoner of the moment it's not even funny.

shocked-spit-out-drink-o.gif

Just top 10?

• Neophyte Wolfgang
    Options
    But I am done arguing coop doesnt know football so it is pointless
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Options
    So if gordon continues to break records that no wr in the league has before him he will only be top 10? Lol
  • prime_time_willy
    Options
    Youu said gordon is all they have yet nfl teams cant gameplan for him.....smh. dude has below average qbs throwing him the ball lol. Johnson is the only offensive weapon in detriot. Whats your point? Bush tailed off and johnson been doing it before bush came lol

Their TE Jordan Cameron is on pace for 1,000 yards

He currently has 825 receiving YARDS, 72 catches, and 7 touchdowns

How is Gordon the only option?

LMAO
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Options
    Gordon missed 2 games, if he plays like this next year for a full season he will be top 3 easily. He needs 2 yards to break johnsom 4 game recieving record. He already broke the 3 game recieving record and the back to back 2 yard games and he leads the league in yardage missing 2 games with 3 different qbs lol
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Options
    Prime time if you look at my post I said the same thing. I have both on my fantasy. Coop said gordon is their only weapon.....cameron is good he was quiet for a few games back he came back against patriots.
  • prime_time_willy
    Options

Not just AJ either

But Julio and Dez after their 1st breakout season they was put in the elite category

Gordon just doesn't have the hype like they do since he was picked up in the supplemental draft
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Options
    Exactly prime time and he breaking records they havent
  • prime_time_willy
    Options
    Exactly prime time and he breaking records they havent
    Imo it's not just the record of him having back to back 200 yard games

It's the fact that if it wasn't for him missing two games he would be on pace to challenge Megatron record in his 2nd year with rotating/playing with 3 back up qbs
  • coop9889
    edited December 2013
    Options
    So if gordon continues to break records that no wr in the league has before him he will only be top 10? Lol

We are in an era of pointless records for the sake of creating new records.

"No receiver has ever had more yards in a 3 game span than Gordon!!!"

And? Wtf does that mean? For one, they lost all three games. That's literally a record based on a very short span of time in someone's career... aka prisoner of the moment

When we look back on jerry rices career do we ever talk about a three game span? Or do we talk about most yards/touchdowns/receptions... ever? And here we are talking about a 3-4 game span. FOH.

Like I said, he may, or may not, grow to be something but right now it is NOTHING but prisoner of the moment to say he's anywhere close to one of the best receivers in the game.

• coop9889
    edited December 2013
    Options
    This lil kid so caught up in meaningless records.

Prater just hit the longest FG in history. Does that mean he has the strongest leg out of all kickers in nfl history?

No ? .

Cam Newton threw for the most yards in his first two starts as a rookie... What'd that record mean? What'd they do that year? ? .

You over there getting all hot and bothered by some ESPN hyped records.
  • Los216
    Los216 Members Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When we drafted Josh Gordon with that 2nd round supplemental pick the league thought we reached.......

Guess what. If he continued at this pace for three more seasons he would only be 25yo.

He missed the first two games of the season and he had statistically the worst starting QB in the league in Weeden.

On top of all that he's still raw. The only player I can compare him to now is how Moss was when he first came in the league. (I'm not saying he's the next Randy Moss) In Moss first three seasons he was killing ? on straight raw talent and not relying on just skills.

He was out of football for two seasons before last year.

His rookie seasons was on par with some of the greats and it was better than who those deem are elite WR's now.

He's got 1400 yards with 3 games left. He's leading in YPG and YPC. How is he not top 5 right now?
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Options
    That is why the title is a question. And jerry rice records are mentioned all the time. Jerry rice had a 16 year c a career, gordon is only 22 so comparing then would be stupid
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Options
    That is what I am saying los. And you cant compare him to rice a retired hall of famer of course he would have more touchdowns and yards.....lol what a tool coop is, troll extrodinare
  • coop9889
    Options
    That is what I am saying los. And you cant compare him to rice a retired hall of famer of course he would have more touchdowns and yards.....lol what a tool coop is, troll extrodinare

You're illiterate. Never did I even imply to compare Josh's 1.8 years to Rice's 16 ? . The point is when it's all said and done no one cares about any little 3-4 game span in your career. They look at the final results. Aka the CONSISTENCY of your career.

Josh Gordon doesn't have enough consistency to be considered "best in the league".

Wait, aint you like 15 years old? Why am I wasting my time.
  • coop9889
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Go look at the highlights in that Jags game. The 95 yard catch was a bad play on the defender who tried to make a play on the ball and failed and FELL. Josh turned and then he just outran two slow defenders. The DEFENSE ? up on that play, he didn't do anything spectacular.

His next biggest catch was like a 30ish yarder on a rookie CB who lost track of the ball. Horrible coverage on a simple go route.

There was not a single play in which he ran some amazing route or made a ridiculous catch.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Options
    Lol that last post was desperate, so are you implying he had to make a spectacular catch to be good? Blown coverages happen to elite wrs and elite wrs usually pad their stats against average to bad defenses. Andre johnson did the same minus the td and yardage against jax. You said he took a bad angle on the ball....lol now you are nitpicking. Let me guess against talib, talib took a bad angle....lol you are sounding desperate to make a relevant point. Stop talking about sports, you suck at it. You are trying to make points with scenarios thay happen too all wrs. Aj green catch against the ravens for 60 yards was a lucky tipped pass. I done see dbs fall and johnson make a catch, see cornerbacks misreading the ball against many elite wrs. Come on now..
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I tried to give this ? benefit of doubt and he said CJ was only weapon in Detroit

One of several stupid ass comments
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Options
    What other weapons does Detriot have> Pettigrew? Burelson? Bush was a weapon, but he tailed off and missed a few games. And Calvin was doing his thing before Bush came. What other weapons doe Detriot have? smh...
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Options
    Wait Maybe kris Durham is a weapon.....lmao
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not just AJ either

But Julio and Dez after their 1st breakout season they was put in the elite category

Gordon just doesn't have the hype like they do since he was picked up in the supplemental draft

If Gordon didn't play for the browns ? would have a different opinion
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
This discussion has been closed.