Can Josh Gordon be the best WR in the league?

Options

Comments

• Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol ? are stupid. Gordon ain't top 5. Maybe not top 10. Easier to get a lot of yards when ur team is always trailing and u have no RB.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peanut_205 wrote: »
    Lol ? are stupid. Gordon ain't top 5. Maybe not top 10. Easier to get a lot of yards when ur team is always trailing and u have no RB.

Word to Antonio Brown.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    Lol that last post was desperate, so are you implying he had to make a spectacular catch to be good? Blown coverages happen to elite wrs and elite wrs usually pad their stats against average to bad defenses. Andre johnson did the same minus the td and yardage against jax. You said he took a bad angle on the ball....lol now you are nitpicking. Let me guess against talib, talib took a bad angle....lol you are sounding desperate to make a relevant point. Stop talking about sports, you suck at it. You are trying to make points with scenarios thay happen too all wrs. Aj green catch against the ravens for 60 yards was a lucky tipped pass. I done see dbs fall and johnson make a catch, see cornerbacks misreading the ball against many elite wrs. Come on now..

No Im proclaiming to be the best in the league he'd have to at least run routes and catch better than Calvin Johnson cuz he isnt taller, bigger, stronger, faster, or have a higher vert than Calvin Johnson.

And I haven't seen any evidence that he has extraordinary hands or runs really crisp routes. And you havent either. You just caught up in the moment.
  • prime_time_willy
    prime_time_willy Members Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options

I've bolded parts of this post that are ?
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    bengals-a-j-green-11-13-2011.jpg

Joe put the clamps on that ? twice this season

• ericb4prez
    Options
    How does not having a run game make it easier to throw the ball against a defense that knows that is your only threat
  • Negro_Caesar
    Options
    OK so what teams have no run game?
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Megatron wack, Julio wack, AJ wack. Nikkas ain't even got no rangs.

Josh Gordon tho --- he on the come up. The last NFL game I watched he was the best on the field so therefore, he be da best ever.
  • prime_time_willy
    Options
    Even given this year I'd rather have Megatron, AJ Green, Dez Bryant, Julio Jones, D Thomas, B Marsh and Black Jesus (aka Steve Smith).

Fight me.

bomanishock.jpg
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    OK so what teams have no run game?

You said it's easy to get a lot of yards without a RB but wouldn't the defense jus focus on the receivers then
  • prime_time_willy
    Options
    D.Thomas struggles beating press coverage a lot of the time

I'm a broncos fan and that ? there is a mos def nosign
  • Negro_Caesar
    Options
    Who doesn't have a run game? Just answer the ?
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread's basis is the statement "Josh Gordon >>>== Megatron."

Why the hell wasn't it locked up immediately?
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    This thread's basis is the statement "Josh Gordon >>>== Megatron."

Why the hell wasn't it locked up immediately?

You must be a megatron stan. Otherwise, you would know better. Go watch transformer cartoons and ? .

Gordon >>>>>
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am a broncos fan to d thomas is nice, but he has to work on going up and grabbing the ball out of the air and like you said press coverage. He still top 10 wr he hasnt reached his ceiling yet. And who cares if johnson has a better vertical or leaping ability. Johnson probably has a better vertical and height then jerry rice, does that make him better? No it doesn't gordon is only 22 he has a long way to go. I like aj green, but he shutout a couple times this year. Word to haden. And since when did height equate to being a better football player, seems like you implied that
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He has a chance to be 1-3 overall WR, seen him more than enough his talent and ability is bout as real as it gets, this not one of those stat padding guys u watch and know that its fluke'ish..the guy is 6'4 near 230 and runs like a deer..he's a freak of an athlete, he plays for the Browns so people laugh that tells me people havent watched this kid, he started only 13 games last year and still led his team in rec yards with 800+..yall gotta realize what he's doing with bottom tier QBs..Only thing that will stop Josh Gordon IS Josh Gordon because he has a very hard time off the field staying out of stuff..No he isnt better than Calvin cuz Calvin beats double and triple teams like the ? is easy..This guy isnt a fluke RG3 went public last year before supplement draft and told Redskins to please get that guy..he can be a elite WR for a very long time IF he can keep his nose clean but this guy is naturally gifted, reminds me a lot of a faster version of Brandon Marshall and has some Andre Johnson in his game..really watch this guy play he's special.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know I am going to catch flack for this but andre johnson is on my overrated list. His stats are identical to keyshawn johnson and he has always been and perceived to be overrated. Johnson is a good possession receiver. He is not elite though. Peoole will bring up schuab, but look what gordon doing with weeden, hoyer and campbell. Andre johnson never had more theb 9 tds in a season....smh
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    I know I am going to catch flack for this but andre johnson is on my overrated list. His stats are identical to keyshawn johnson and he has always been and perceived to be overrated. Johnson is a good possession receiver. He is not elite though. Peoole will bring up schuab, but look what gordon doing with weeden, hoyer and campbell. Andre johnson never had more theb 9 tds in a season....smh

tumblr_m9t2utT95c1rzz3r3o1_400.gif

So Andre Johnson has 7 seasons with over 1,000 yds and he's overrated but Gordon has one and he's the future??

Somebody please lock this ?
  • Negro_Caesar
    Options
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    So Gordon is the best and Andre Johnson is overrated...

...Co-sign like a mug. Bout time nikkas spoke the truf.
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options
    Andre Johnson is far from overrated..not sure why you said that, he still a beast.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Colston don't never get on love
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

He's not elite, he's always been good for the most part ,but his game is very limited.
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

He's not elite, he's always been good for the most part ,but his game is very limited.

stay hurt too
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He has more career TDs then Johnson and same amount of 1,000 yard seasons playing 3 less years.

Shrugs.
This discussion has been closed.