How can ? be perfect?

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
? is described as perfection; omnipresent, omniscient and omnipotent.

If he is all of these, his morals have to come into play. He is the moral standard of the bible, of all faiths and what many religious people base their morals off of.

"If ? didn't exist, then we would have no morals."

His perfection is so perfect it's imperfect. He cannot be one or more of those 3 things he is described as. A morally perfect person would see the things considered sinful not fit as a punishment; murder, anger, hatred etc...

So, how can ? be considered a perfect being when he, himself, isn't moral at all?

Comments

• indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Because ? encompasses everything. Good and evil. ? has always been here. he/she was never born and can never die. ? is the empty space, ? is boredom, ? is the color black. In actuality the color Black is not a color at all but it does encompasses all of the other colors of the rainbow...Technically speaking, black is merely the absence of the wavelengths of the visible light spectrum. So when you are in a room with no lights and everything around you appears black, it means that there are no wavelengths of visible light striking your eye as you sight at the surroundings...? created those wavelengths.http://www.physicsclassroom.com/class/light/u12l2a.cfm

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    By you being able to contemplate "perfection and morality" indicates that you (and all of humanity) fall far short of the perfect standard, which is ? .

Mankind can never measure up to the illusive standard of perfection because we see the deficiencies in our own life day in and day out. Thus the rational mind, who seeks to know the truth, understands that there must be a higher standard out there. That standard is ? , the Lord Jesus Christ. Do you know Him today?
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did not ? create the world? Therefore knows what's perfect for it? How so is it that man has the nerve to doubt/question ? who created man in the first place?

? 's conversation with Job was ether to man... Ether... Job was asking all these questions, questioning why ? did what He did and all sorts of Why questions trying to justify himself and the first things ? asked Him (along with a whole chapter of ether) was

Job 38
    1 Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,

2 Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?

3 Gird up now thy ? like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.

4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

translation: "Where were you when I created everything??? I'm sorry, that's RHETORICAL"
    17 Hast thou perceived the breadth of the earth? declare if thou knowest it all.

If your 20, 30, 40, 50 year old self thinks they know about a world a 1000 times older than you, then speak it

otherwise, sit the f down, chill, and enjoy life the best way you can
  • VIBE
    Options
    So, since he created everything and is perfection for that reason.

Okay.

But he cannot be all 3 and be morally perfect. He doesn't have perfect moral traits, therefore he is imperfect.
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well I follow, study Black Roots Science which says that '? ' who was/is perfect in everyway and has always yearned to experience imperfection. If you were ? and was never born and can never die what would be the one thing that you would want to experience? of course you would want to know what it would be like to be born and what it would be like to die. ? birthed himself by dividing into a man and a woman using the blackness of space the ether ( what atheist now call virtual particles) as his/her skin. This Earth was agreed to be set up to experience imperfection when it was created trillions of years ago. About 44000 years ago '? ' who was then divided into 1billion 8 million 'Black' men and women began to degrade their perfect bodies to prepare for the experience of imperfection. When Yahweh was born about 6000 years ago he was preordained to bring forth this imperfection because he discovered the hidden dark side of our characters. And he along with 58000 volunteers ( who eventually became the Elohim ) and his wife brought fourth this imperfect/evil/decay in the form of the white races (Asians, Mongolians, arabs, Caucasians) who would dominate over us for a period of about 6000 years. The Elders around the world cast Yahweh and the Elohim out of 'heaven' and into a small island called Patmos where he began to create evil in the form of the White races. After the white races was created everybody agreed to participate in this world of sin/decay/evil/imperfection and allow the White races to dominate over us for a period of 6000 years.

So consequently ? encompasses everything- Good and Evil. This is the mind of ? . And he set up this world especially to finally experience imperfection in the form of evil. the goal of black men and women on Earth who are the product of the division of '? ' goal is to create new and everlasting creations that will live forever. When the white races die they (if they choose) will live forever in the mind of Yahweh, their creator.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    ? is described as perfection; omnipresent, omniscient and omnipotent.

If he is all of these, his morals have to come into play. He is the moral standard of the bible, of all faiths and what many religious people base their morals off of.

"If ? didn't exist, then we would have no morals."

His perfection is so perfect it's imperfect. He cannot be one or more of those 3 things he is described as. A morally perfect person would see the things considered sinful not fit as a punishment; murder, anger, hatred etc...

So, how can ? be considered a perfect being when he, himself, isn't moral at all?

I could be wrong, but I think the impression of ? would be this being that is a infinite bundle of functions that has no will over them; that if ? is the three omni's, then He is so without any say so on the matter. It's like saying that ? is all powerful...and there is nothing He can do about it.

If morals is the basis for why people believe in ? , then prepare to be be disappointed 100% of the time. The Bible is about what Jesus (or whatever the proper name is) and what was done so that those who believe may have life.
  • VIBE
    Options
    I think it silly to attribute ? with all this grand power then say, "welp, it doesn't matter what you say because ? can do whatever he wants because he's ? !"

It's such a lame cop out.

Nothing of gods can be questioned because in the end "he's ? ". lol

I was having this conversation w someone else and basically it came down to the same response.

I was hoping it would've been different but I see the mentally is all the same.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    there are things ? cannot do
  • REV_RAGE
    REV_RAGE Members Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In our mortal perception of it, it may appear to be perfect to "those who believe". On a infinite cosmic level of perception or understanding, it may be found imperfect, as our definition of perfection and ability to perceive changes.

What is perfection and what does it mean to be perfect, it all boils back to perception. Some see the universe and our world as ? 's perfection defined, some human decided to disobey it and created imperfection from free will. Maybe it was a an illusion and still is, just another thing to philosophise and discover, usually through science as faith can not prove it.

What do I believe? I doesn't matter, what I believe because it all doesn't matter what you believe does not matter either. Perfection is defined by humans as is ? , if your friend came to you and said "? told them in a vision all whites or all blacks need to die." are you killing them? Do you listen to the meatbag or are you driven by some source not to listen, you define the source. Illusions all of them and even illusion can not define that unknown. We are eventually know enough to understand better but not at this time.
  • alissowack
    Options
    I think it silly to attribute ? with all this grand power then say, "welp, it doesn't matter what you say because ? can do whatever he wants because he's ? !"

I was having this conversation w someone else and basically it came down to the same response.

It would be a cop out if ? 's grand power is depended on what the "Christian" says it is. If ? is who He says He is, it doesn't matter what anybody...believer or non-believer...has to say about it. You might find that people out of arrogance speak of ? 's power as a "power play", but it wouldn't add or take away from anything.
  • beenwize
    beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    Options
    indyman87 wrote: »
    Well I follow, study Black Roots Science which says that '? ' who was/is perfect in everyway and has always yearned to experience imperfection. If you were ? and was never born and can never die what would be the one thing that you would want to experience? of course you would want to know what it would be like to be born and what it would be like to die. ? birthed himself by dividing into a man and a woman using the blackness of space the ether ( what atheist now call virtual particles) as his/her skin. This Earth was agreed to be set up to experience imperfection when it was created trillions of years ago. About 44000 years ago '? ' who was then divided into 1billion 8 million 'Black' men and women began to degrade their perfect bodies to prepare for the experience of imperfection. When Yahweh was born about 6000 years ago he was preordained to bring forth this imperfection because he discovered the hidden dark side of our characters. And he along with 58000 volunteers ( who eventually became the Elohim ) and his wife brought fourth this imperfect/evil/decay in the form of the white races (Asians, Mongolians, arabs, Caucasians) who would dominate over us for a period of about 6000 years. The Elders around the world cast Yahweh and the Elohim out of 'heaven' and into a small island called Patmos where he began to create evil in the form of the White races. After the white races was created everybody agreed to participate in this world of sin/decay/evil/imperfection and allow the White races to dominate over us for a period of 6000 years.

So consequently ? encompasses everything- Good and Evil. This is the mind of ? . And he set up this world especially to finally experience imperfection in the form of evil. the goal of black men and women on Earth who are the product of the division of '? ' goal is to create new and everlasting creations that will live forever. When the white races die they (if they choose) will live forever in the mind of Yahweh, their creator.

Yahew is a evil entity in gnostic christanity that works against humanity.
  • beenwize
    Options
    Don't people realize that it is because of this killer ? shown us in the bible that is partly responsible for the killer mentality that modern educated man possess. Like children, we emulate our fathers, and they taught us that ? is our father, and many believe it, when one reads the bible, one sees a vengeful, wicked and killer ? , he appears to be a Roman with split personality, one minute he appears to be good, next minute he appears to be a monster. So these religious crooks who put together this bible were conquerors and were brutalizing the known world, this book they produced was a way of justifying their actions, "show them a cruel ? and they would look upon our cruel and wicked actions as normal" and it is exactly as they predicted. But the masses themselves actually became cruel and wicked. The psychology of a cruel ? is that it will create a cruel and wicked people. Our modern civilization, our character, our mannerism, our behaviors, and the way we relate to each other is all based on what we learned out of that book. A cruel ? begets a cruel people.There is no way that such a ? can be good for humanity, therefore, I reject this book and the father it has offered me, I have no desire to be like him.
  • beenwize
    Options
    CAVEMAN CHRONICLES 101: ? IS SUCH A LOVING ? !

Someday ? will force parents eat their own children.

And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat. --Leviticus 26:29

And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters. -- Deuteronomy 28:53

And I will cause them to eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of their daughters, and they shall eat every one the flesh of his friend. -- Jeremiah 19:9
  • alissowack
    Options
    @beenwise. People are responsible for this killer mentality. It's whether or not people use religion for their motives. You say that religion is partly responsible meaning the other part is just as responsible.
  • beenwize
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    @beenwise. People are responsible for this killer mentality. It's whether or not people use religion for their motives. You say that religion is partly responsible meaning the other part is just as responsible.

you failed to understand the post itself. read again then reply.
  • Pr0n
    Pr0n Members Posts: 204 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I always saw the ontological argument as flawed because perfection is relative. A perfect ? to one person might be one that exists, but to another not existing may be what makes a ? perfect as it better suites their interests.

That said ? can not be perfect to everyone
  • alissowack
    Options
    beenwize wrote: »

you failed to understand the post itself. read again then reply.

Well, I'll just have to accept failure then for you lost me with "partly responsible".
  • VIBE
    Options

It would be a cop out if ? 's grand power is depended on what the "Christian" says it is. If ? is who He says He is, it doesn't matter what anybody...believer or non-believer...has to say about it. You might find that people out of arrogance speak of ? 's power as a "power play", but it wouldn't add or take away from anything.

So what has ? said?

Because everything that describes ? , within the bible, comes from men, not ? .
  • alissowack
    edited December 2013
    Options

So what has ? said?

Because everything that describes ? , within the bible, comes from men, not ? .

Our perception (not interpretation) of ? comes from men. When the Bible describes ? , we read into it with presuppositions already made. We read the Bible already thinking we have ? figured out. We take terms like "all powerful" and we think it has something to do with something that is tangible, attainable or measurable. So we ask petty questions as to what does ? 's Power consist of...like...can ? create a boulder too heavy to lift...or to sound "Christian"-like...can ? cure someone's terminal illness by merely praying it away.