KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    KillaCham wrote: »
    She killed the game with this one. LOL @ randomly dropping an album with no promo or mention of it and it's about to do numbers...while Mariah and them struggling to announce release dates. She dropped a music video for every single song too. Gotta respect it.

Speaking on my girl again?

Funny how all the singles she put out go plat alone? Mariah is set with albums she can still put one out but shes set. Now for your girl Nikki shes flop status. Better wish she dont drop anything cause its going double wood.
    Why you getting all pissy with me bro? I was just making an example. :-[ Mariah tries to get hits and build buzz with trends, repressing singles, and having the flavor of the month on her songs...and she's still a flop and shook to drop her album cause it's gonna tank worse than her last ? LP did.

Beyonce just straight up put the "no promo" excuse to rest cause she's about to do 600k in 3 days with no prior promo or build up. The power of her own celebrity is all she needed.

LMAO @ Mariah dropping Platinum singles. You know 5 of her last 6 singles never even made the Hot 100?? And before that her last single to chart had Nicki on it :laff:

Funny thing is beautiful went #15 on the top 100
    Lol and then we got...

2013: The Art of Letting Go - DID NOT CHART
    2012: Triumphant (Get 'Em) - DID NOT CHART
    2010: Angels Cry - DID NOT CHART
    2010: Up Out My Face: #100
    2009: H.A.T.E.U: DID NOT CHART

Stop tryna make people care about Mariah. You're better off spending your time buying The Art of Napping on iTunes. It's not too late to make it chart somewhere.

Look at those false stats. Where's your girl at? That ? is officially done she's flop status.
    http://www.billboard.com/artist/309388/mariah-carey/chart

hang it up - flatscreen
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cham look at you mad at Mariah for putting Nikki to shame Mariah been in the game for 23 years

She's been solidified and is a global icon with sales 260million records sold WW.

Nikki is known as that ? in YM with the fat ass. ? has no talent lol.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't understand what's going on in here. dudes defending female singers? wtf
  • _Menace_
    Options
    I don't understand what's going on in here. dudes defending female singers? wtf

He's defending trash

I'm just defending a goddess
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Lol I dunno why you keep bringing up Nicki to defend Mariah in a Beyoncé thread, specially since they both have outsold her (albums/singles) in the last 5 years.

Menace = 7RUMwxX.gif

On topic: this album is #1 in 108 countries right now, ? !
  • _Menace_
    Options
    Cause you're a Nikki Stan...
    And Mariahs last album sold over 3mill
    Nikki barely touching that
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Why people act like she is a Disney character who is asexual. She a grown ? woman, literally. Lol

Its like the miley cyrus ? , people want to box these artists in like they cant evolve.

Its not that's. The fact is its something completely left field for her and her fans. Its good, but a little unexpected. I think sometimes she tipping the line on following the trend. Beyonce never had to be super sexual for her to sell, so why do it now.

Miley is just so over the top that's why people think its a problem.

Why is it left field, how do you know this wasn't her the whole time or maybe she is more mature and confident in her sexuality now as oppose to when she was younger. People need to stop acting like these artist aren't human, same ? happen to Brandy when she lost her fanbase when people found out she had flaws and was human.

Alot of these sexual ? is a form of sexism imo. It's ok for artist like Usher, Chris Brown to flaunt their sexscapades but women can do it. smh
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    I read her label turned down the album she sent in finished and told her to re-group ..

Maybe she said '? it' and dropped 'em just like that

Those label execs are gonna look like idiots if this album does crazy numbers, gets heavy rotation, and multiple awards.

http://music-mix.ew.com/2013/12/16/beyonce-sales-records/

Well, that was fast: The sales of that new Beyoncé album that came out last Friday has already broken an iTunes record or two, Apple has announced.

The singer’s self-titled “visual album” — which, of course, was available exclusively on iTunes — sold a ridiculous 828,773 copies in just three days, making it the music platform’s fastest selling album ever. The release also broke the U.S. first-week album sales record, with 617,213 units sold in America.

That shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise, though: in addition to being sold only on iTunes, there are no a la carte singles or digital downloads; fans either have to purchase the whole thing or go on living their lives without new Beyoncé music, a fate that was clearly too unthinkable for many.

Apple reports that the album has gone to No. 1 in 104 countries, which, by the U.S. State Department’s count, is the majority of the world. All of this amounts to Bey’s biggest sales week ever, which will easily give her the No. 1 slot on this week’s Billboard albums chart.

This will be her fifth straight debut atop the chart. The numbers will also make her the highest-debuting female artist this year, far outpacing the next contender, Katy Perry, whose Prism debuted with 286,000. The last lady musician to gin up sales this big was Taylor Swift, whose Red sold 1.2 million in its first week in November 2012.

Time for those execs to update their resumes.

sarkozy_laugh.gif
  • usmarin3
    Options
    Beyonce needs to cut out thar middle man out. She can finance her own projects off tour money alone. Only thing she needs a label for is their factories.
  • _Jay_
    _Jay_ Members, Administrators Posts: 3,689 My Name Is My Name.
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Smh...ran up in here just knowin all the vids would be in here, laid out...instead I find some gifs and one vid...
    lazypakman wrote: »

Bolded for emphasis.
  • ayyubam2002
    ayyubam2002 Members Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    Options
    People keep saying she needs to drop the label and do it herself, but she's under contract with Sony. But this should show her she don't need to resign with them.
  • Wonder Girl
    Wonder Girl Members Posts: 451 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why people act like she is a Disney character who is asexual. She a grown ? woman, literally. Lol

Its like the miley cyrus ? , people want to box these artists in like they cant evolve.

Its not that's. The fact is its something completely left field for her and her fans. Its good, but a little unexpected. I think sometimes she tipping the line on following the trend. Beyonce never had to be super sexual for her to sell, so why do it now.

Miley is just so over the top that's why people think its a problem.

Why is it left field, how do you know this wasn't her the whole time or maybe she is more mature and confident in her sexuality now as oppose to when she was younger. People need to stop acting like these artist aren't human, same ? happen to Brandy when she lost her fanbase when people found out she had flaws and was human.

Alot of these sexual ? is a form of sexism imo. It's ok for artist like Usher, Chris Brown to flaunt their sexscapades but women can do it. smh

I said that in a earlier post that I think she's more comfortable in her own sexuality and I don't its anything wrong with that. As a woman its still hard to do that. I just was a little shocked and even reviews have said the same thing. Its not bad, just a little left field.

I encourage women to do it more own. Sexism is alive and well.

Also, I'm need her to explain the structure of Flawless for me. I love the song, but the structure is a little off for me.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    'Flawless' I think is the best song on that jawn and my fave. Like the video as well ..

Its one of her best female empowerment songs and a powerful message/voiceover from Miss Adichie ..

• usmarin3
    Options
    People keep saying she needs to drop the label and do it herself, but she's under contract with Sony. But this should show her she don't need to resign with them.

This is her 5th album, i wonder what type of contract she has. Probably the standard 5 album deal and you know Sony don't touch that tour money since it was before the 360 deals.
  • Wonder Girl
    Wonder Girl Members Posts: 451 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its a 5 CD contract. After this she's done.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YOU GO MRS.BEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MR.CJ
    Options
    bigev240 wrote: »
    gns wrote: »
    She dropped any nudes or near nudes to go with it?

No nudes but something for the fam....

tumblr_mxqgn0Xmr21qzzs2co2_400.gif
    tumblr_mxqc75bNc41qlzuomo1_400.gif
    tumblr_mxqcndMvb61qlzuomo1_400.gif
    tumblr_mxqcndMvb61qlzuomo2_400.gif
    tumblr_mxqd9dOf1h1sk0vqbo2_250.gif
    tumblr_mxqd9dOf1h1sk0vqbo1_250.gif
    tumblr_mxqd9dOf1h1sk0vqbo3_250.gif
    tumblr_mxqfu4I6KV1shilo7o1_1280.png

lawd have mercy
  • MR.CJ
    Options
    T.Taylor wrote: »
    She had her concert at the toyota center wednesday night she did a lil twerkin... she aint got a phatty but dat ass does do tricks.

That means she can throw it back
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Superpower is sick man.That song is ? fuccin sick.Especially the parts when they do the duets

I'm blammin some walls to that song in the '14
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Target ain't sellin this cause she released it digitally first, or some ? like that lol
  • BrazilianHairMoney
    BrazilianHairMoney Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got to give it to beyonce this album and marketing method is revolutionary.. good to see a big artist like beyonce do something like this. so that the audience masses, can get away from the hype and over promo brainwashing, and just start checking for hot music. It take a artist on this type of level to really make that type of change in the game... I hope this become a fad for 2014 un announced hot albums.