Most Underachieving NFL Team 2k13-2k14 is?

2»

Comments

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Vikings cause they would be 9-5 right now if games were only 59 minutes long.
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATL Falcons
    The Falcons designed the team like a teenage girl. Got all the flashy positions taken care of but refuse to draft a lineman. I ? with Julio Jones but they never should have traded for him (the pick). I thought what happened this year would happen last year. I was surprised they did as good as they did last year.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • suzyscrew
    suzyscrew Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATL Falcons
    suzyscrew wrote: »
    The Falcons designed the team like a teenage girl. Got all the flashy positions taken care of but refuse to draft a lineman. I ? with Julio Jones but they never should have traded for him (the pick). I thought what happened this year would happen last year. I was surprised they did as good as they did last year.

The bolded is incorrect sir. The Falcons' GM has been there for 5 years. In that time he's drafted a LT in the 1st round, C in the 2nd and OT in the 3rd. He inherited a good starting OG and RT. He drafted O-linemen. They just stay injured or flat out suck.

In the literal sense, he has drafted a lineman. I should have said drafted linemen as a priority. Sam Baker was drafted at the end of the first and that C was actually a fullback in college, right? I'm not going to comment on that 3rd round pick because we both know Holmes is trash. In the modern era of the draft, you're can't expect to get an end lineman that will make a difference in the mid to late rounds. That's strictly guard or backup lineman territory. Demetrov (sp) is not a bricks and mortar guy meaning he picks flashy then gets the fundamentals from the bargain bin.

If you look at any other team, they pick a high value lineman and then add a few backup/projects every year.
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    The Cowboys
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭

The bolded is incorrect sir. The Falcons' GM has been there for 5 years. In that time he's drafted a LT in the 1st round, C in the 2nd and OT in the 3rd. He inherited a good starting OG and RT. He drafted O-linemen. They just stay injured or flat out suck.

• greenwood1921

In the literal sense, he has drafted a lineman. I should have said drafted linemen as a priority. Sam Baker was drafted at the end of the first and that C was actually a fullback in college, right? I'm not going to comment on that 3rd round pick because we both know Holmes is trash. In the modern era of the draft, you're can't expect to get an end lineman that will make a difference in the mid to late rounds. That's strictly guard or backup lineman territory. Demetrov (sp) is not a bricks and mortar guy meaning he picks flashy then gets the fundamentals from the bargain bin.

If you look at any other team, they pick a high value lineman and then add a few backup/projects every year.

Nah....that Center was a Center at Wisconsin. He was ranked as the best Center in the draft and we needed one because the current one on the roster was retiring a year later. I won't mention Holmes either(lol....smh).

As far as priority, I can agree with that to a certain extent but I don't at the same time if that makes sense. As I said before, the GM inherited two good O-linemen(BlaylockLG & ClaboRT).

Drafting a LT in the 1st round is a priority. Drafting the best ranked Center in the draft because you vet played in the Falcon's Super Bowl is a priority as well. Lamar Holmes was depth on the roster. He was the backup until 1 of the 7 ppl on the offense got hurt. I just think he addressed the O-line but he made bad picks. I definately agree that the trenches is a weakness for TD but for different reasons.

Then on top of all that you have to consider the big picture (something that prisoners of the moment can't do)

Everything we've done from a front office standpoint in 6 years has led to: 5 winning seasons. 1 losing season.

Acting like everything is "all ? up" after one season when we had 5 straight before that is like a team benching their QB and 5 other starters because they started out 5-1. Common sense.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    gman82 wrote: »
    Every team in the NFL has to deal with injuries. The falcons are the biggest disappointment. Last year they were 1 game from the Superbowl. The 2 previous year before that they were in the playoffs. Before the season they were picked by many to get to the superbowl. I know they had some injuries, but this off season they paid Matt Ryan aka "Matty ice" top dollar to lead this team, but he has done anything but. Franchise qb's carry their teams regardless of injuries. Peyton & Brady both have major injuries on their teams but you wouldn't know it based on their records because they help to pick up the slack. Without julio & 100% healthy Roddy, Matty looks average at best. Bottom line, The falcons over paid him and they are the biggest underachievers this season.

Lol at some injuries

And of all the people to blame you pick the one who's played well this season??

• greenwood1921
    allday1992 wrote: »
    Every team in the NFL has to deal with injuries. The falcons are the biggest disappointment. Last year they were 1 game from the Superbowl. The 2 previous year before that they were in the playoffs. Before the season they were picked by many to get to the superbowl. I know they had some injuries, but this off season they paid Matt Ryan aka "Matty ice" top dollar to lead this team, but he has done anything but. Franchise qb's carry their teams regardless of injuries. Peyton & Brady both have major injuries on their teams but you wouldn't know it based on their records because they help to pick up the slack. Without julio & 100% healthy Roddy, Matty looks average at best. Bottom line, The falcons over paid him and they are the biggest underachievers this season.

Lol at some injuries

Nah, bruh. Matt Ryan is having a "average" season, cuh.

Nikkas like Tom Brady, Colin Kaepernick, and Andrew Luck are what's good, homie.
    Even tho Matt has a better QB rating than all of them this year behind an injured o-line and playing most of the season without 2 best receivers and running back.

• Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol at some injuries

Nikkas like Tom Brady, Colin Kaepernick, and Andrew Luck are what's good, homie.
    Even tho Matt has a better QB rating than all of them this year behind an injured o-line and playing most of the season without 2 best receivers and running back.

I mean he had his terrible games but he's far down on the list of why this season went wrong.

It came down to a flawed team that took injuries to players it couldn't afford to lose.

• greenwood1921

Lol at some injuries

I mean he had his terrible games but he's far down on the list of why this season went wrong.

It came down to a flawed team that took injuries to players it couldn't afford to lose.

This.
  • gman82
    gman82 Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATL Falcons

Lol at some injuries

Let me further clarify since I respect you as a poster Greenwood.

Let me ask you questions. Based on Matt Ryan's play this season, do you feel he deserved the contact he got this summer?

When you pay a qb that much money you expect them to produce wins regardless of injuries right?

In not saying matt Ryan has had a terrible season, but he definitely is not willing his team to victories, and I can't call him an elite qb. He has shown that he is in the middle of the pack with romo, luck, flaco, etc....

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RyanMa00/gamelog/2013/

Peyton lost his starting LT & C, started the season with a questionable RB, & TE, but look what he's done. I'm personally not a fan of brady but he has lead his team to several come from being victories this season without Gronk, Hernandez, & Amendola (for some games). My point is you can't make excuses. If your elite, you're elite.

Forget this season, the falcons have had super bowl asperations for the past 3 seasons. This year was suppose to be the year, and they find themselves with 4 victories at this point in the season? No one expected this even with the lost of Julio & company.
  • greenwood1921

Lol at some injuries

Let me ask you questions. Based on Matt Ryan's play this season, do you feel he deserved the contact he got this summer?

When you pay a qb that much money you expect them to produce wins regardless of injuries right?

In not saying matt Ryan has had a terrible season, but he definitely is not willing his team to victories, and I can't call him an elite qb. He has shown that he is in the middle of the pack with romo, luck, flaco, etc....

Peyton lost his starting LT & C, started the season with a questionable RB, & TE, but look what he's done. I'm personally not a fan of brady but he has lead his team to several come from being victories this season without Gronk, Hernandez, & Amendola (for some games). My point is you can't make excuses. If your elite, you're elite.

Forget this season, the falcons have had super bowl asperations for the past 3 seasons. This year was suppose to be the year, and they find themselves with 4 victories at this point in the season? No one expected this even with the lost of Julio & company.

You used "Tom Brady" in your original post to show the "gold standard for how QBs with injured teammates" should play.

Matt Ryan currently has a higher QB rating than Tom Brady. nuff said.

22 men on the field. Over 100 players between the two teams. A dozen coaches on each team. Football games aren't won or lost because of one man. If you wanna hate, don't let me stop you. But you answered your own question.
  • jaemooms
    jaemooms Members Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
    ATL Falcons
    they should just move the falcons to L.A......
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATL Falcons
    Houston was never considered to get to a Bowl. ATL was damn near coddled to get there and fell from Top 10 to not being mentioned at all.
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    A lot of excuses in this thread....
  • gman82
    gman82 Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATL Falcons

Lol at some injuries

You used "Tom Brady" in your original post to show the "gold standard for how QBs with injured teammates" should play.

Matt Ryan currently has a higher QB rating than Tom Brady. nuff said.

22 men on the field. Over 100 players between the two teams. A dozen coaches on each team. Football games aren't won or lost because of one man. If you wanna hate, don't let me stop you. But you answered your own question.

I did use tom brady in my original post, and I stated that he finds ways to win games, although his team has injuries. I'm not placing all the blame on Matt Ryan, it does take a team to win games, but some guys such as Peyton shoulder a larger percentage of the load, and play a bigger role in the teams win. My point is that matt isn't an elite qb and the falcons over paid him, that's all. His stats this season are similar to Brady's but when Brady's weapons are healthy and Matt Ryan weapons are healthy, it's clear who the superior qb is.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATL Falcons
    jaemooms wrote: »
    they should just move the falcons to L.A......

Actually wouldnt mind this. I'd get to go to some games.