Interstellar (2014)(Christopher Nolan) - Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway & Sir Michael Caine

12346»

Comments

• reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Watched it last night for my first viewing since the movie theater. You pick up a lot of stuff you miss on 1st viewing.

GOAT movie. Imma needa cop that BluRay.

The whole bookcase 5th dimension scene still confuses me

Cosign. It didn't really confuse me though, but I missed a lot of stuff because I was starting to fade.

I just watched this movie last night. Was expecting for it to put me to sleep to help with my insomnia but it kept me interested. The time skip when they were on the other planets was weird and horrifying to me for some reason but it was interesting. I need to watch it again when I am more awake to make sense of the end more.
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They had to keep the ? on the ship for 23 years only to get blown up. ? Hollywood.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    NCswag wrote: »
    They had to keep the ? on the ship for 23 years only to get blown up. ? Hollywood.

It was Matt Damon

It was the brother who came up with the loophole for them to make it back
  • The Hue
    The Hue Members Posts: 760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally watched this and as a fan of astronomy and the cosmos I was amazed by this movie. The way they designed the black hole was beautiful. I'm definitely gonna get this on Blu Ray. The amazing thing about this movie is that a lot of the science in this movie is still THEORY. There's so much we don't know. Only one way to find out what happens when a human enters a black hole...
  • bscoop
    bscoop Members Posts: 478 ✭✭✭
    ? was garbage. Pacing was bad. Character development was terrible. Concept was brilliant, delivery was sub par.

2/5 stars
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bscoop wrote: »
    ? was garbage. Pacing was bad. Character development was terrible. Concept was brilliant, delivery was sub par.

2/5 stars
    menace-2-society-o.gif
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that the film committed to its premise and answered all the questions it posed. I really wasn't expecting them to take it as far as they did. You may not like answers, but they are there. Its like 2001: A Space Oddessy in that way.

The way some people downplay this movie, I dunno, its like we saw two different films.
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Hue wrote: »
    Finally watched this and as a fan of astronomy and the cosmos I was amazed by this movie. The way they designed the black hole was beautiful. I'm definitely gonna get this on Blu Ray. The amazing thing about this movie is that a lot of the science in this movie is still THEORY. There's so much we don't know. Only one way to find out what happens when a human enters a black hole...

oh-hell-no-o.gif

The worm hole and the black hole parts tripped me the ? out. Going inside of a one would be scary as ? . I thought that ? stretches an object on like molecular level?
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jus saw it..
    this was a good ass movie...

i allow myself to enjoy movies and dont get tight when ? dont make sense.. i like how it all tied together in the end..

that robot was my my ? ..

only gripe i got is i watched it wit my game.. me watchin it.. im followin it.. she dozin in and out and ? .. on her phone.. THEN WANNA ASK QUESTIONS..

what ? me off tho is in my head it makes sense somewhat.. but tryin to articulate that ? !?!

im like "look ? .. u jus gotta have faith! Lord works in mysterious ways!" lol
  • Yardie1
    Yardie1 Members Posts: 210 ✭✭
    Great movie. 1 thing that I found annoying was how casual everyone was about that giant wave coming at them on the water planet. Dumb ? totally ignored it and dude was just standing there looking stupid instead a heading back to the ship. And when he does make it back to the ship he just stands there instead a getting in and of course gets washed away, almost risking the entire mission and humanity. That was stupid. Loved it otherwise
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool movie. They lost me at the end with the book shelf ? . But the rest was great.

That part where dude realized how much time had passed and had to watch his family age through videos, I felt that right there.
  • The Hue
    The Hue Members Posts: 760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    reapin505 wrote: »
    The Hue wrote: »

oh-hell-no-o.gif

The worm hole and the black hole parts tripped me the ? out. Going inside of a one would be scary as ? . I thought that ? stretches an object on like molecular level?

Yea that's what most astrophysicists think would happen.

http://t.space.com/all/15421-black-holes-facts-formation-discovery-sdcmp#1

• dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just finished watching this again on DVD after seeing this in the cinema - for some reason I felt it was even more emotional and heartbreaking than before. Maybe because I already knew what was going to happen and I wasn't bogged down with all science and theory, where instead I could focus more on the characters and the story. For all the talk about relativity, black holes, gravity and all that, removing all the physics out the way the story is basically about a child crying out for her father, and as a parent having to watch your children age in front of you would just totally devastate you.

Sci-fi films tend to not do that well at the box office (obvious recent exception being Gravity, but then you have other recent films like Sunshine and Moon which hardly cleaned up at the cinema), but give it time and people will discover or rediscover this film. I stick by what I originally said that this will be reevaluated over time and be held in greater esteem.