Allen Iverson vs. Michael Jordan: Who had the bigger influence on basketball?

Options
13»

Comments

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Michael Jordan
    Chris just mad MJ keep makin him drop these

air-jordan-cp3ii-new-orleans-black-0.jpg

and these...

CP3_VI_Chris_Paul_Jordan_Clippers_Basketball_Shoes.png

and these..

cliff-paul-shoe-hed-2013.jpg

etc...
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Again ? picking AI over MJ for their team now?

http://youtu.be/51vKrAgoSGM

^ nothingbuttruth pulling a Charles Barkley

Damn, straight disrespect for AI there. When Chuck picked him first, everyone was basically "? , what the ? is wrong with you?"
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Michael Jordan
    Why are y'all bringing up business ? ? Business means white people. They don't count on any level when discussing ? like this. All they did was use Jordan to push their brand. He was a puppet and nothing else.

Lmaoooooo

Lmaoooooooooooooo

? really said "why yall bringing up business ? "

In case you forgot, you stupid ? ? , the NBA IS a business.

And how ignorant do you have to be to say business = white people.

And lol @ white people don't count on ANY level when Larry Bird is pretty much unanimously in everybody's top 10.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Michael Jordan
    S2J wrote: »
    Chris just mad MJ keep makin him drop these

air-jordan-cp3ii-new-orleans-black-0.jpg

and these...

CP3_VI_Chris_Paul_Jordan_Clippers_Basketball_Shoes.png

and these..

cliff-paul-shoe-hed-2013.jpg

etc...

Such garbage shoes smh.
  • Heavy In The Game
    Heavy In The Game Members Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Michael Jordan
    so yall gonna sit here and act like Iverson wasn't super popular
    yall gonna act like the majority of the pgs/guards in the league aren't influenced by AI and he's the reason why they wear the #3
    yall gonna act like AI wasn't the first person to wear the armsleeves which a whole lot of players wear today
    yall actin like AI didn't have everyone tryin to do crossovers
    yall forgettin dudes in my generation didn't see Mike, we saw flabby'n'sick Mike on the Wizards
    whereas we saw AI in his prime destoyin dudes
    I voted for Mike btw, I'm just sayin AI is second in terms of influence that's all, let's not marginalize him and get revisionist history
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would say AI style meaning...the braids, tattos, attitude had some influence in the league especially in the early 2000's
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im of the age where i could see a lot more of allen iverson and mike was coming towards the end(even tho i remember vividly visiting chicago with my pops when mike won the ring that began the last 3 peat) and AI had some influence, but imo mike is the only answer to this question
  • dagmarlena
    dagmarlena Members Posts: 103 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Michael Jordan
    CP is nuts.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Michael Jordan
    A.I.'s shine starts at crossing Michael Jordan over. Put that in perspect: You cross ME over and the world suddenly shines a spotlight on YOU.

Yeah, VA representers will come in hollin about his football, high school, and college glory years, but tell me if cameras would've been on A.I. like that had he not shook the GOAT at the top of the key.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? act like CP3 said Moochie Norris or somebody. You don't gotta agree but A.I. did have a huge influence on not only the game, but fans and the current players that came up watching him
  • coop9889
    Options
    Michael Jordan
    No one is saying AI DIDNT have great influence, it's just crazy to think he had MORE than MJ.

This is like comparing MJ to Kobe in terms of who was the better SG. The gap between both comparisons is almost exact. Sure Kobe is probably #2 of all time and no one is diminishing his career... but MJ was far and away #1.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Allen Iverson
    coop9889 wrote: »

Lmaoooooo
    Lmaoooooooooooooo
    ? really said "why yall bringing up business ? "

In case you forgot, you stupid ? ? , the NBA IS a business.

And how ignorant do you have to be to say business = white people.

And lol @ white people don't count on ANY level when Larry Bird is pretty much unanimously in everybody's top 10.

I'm not these other posters. I know how to take a stance and stick to it. Miss me with the name calling and the over the top reactions.

The OP said basketball clown. Basketball, not the NBA. They're different entities. Basketball is a sport played on the playgrounds of various cities, in various high schools, in different countries across the world etc. Basketball the sport does not solely relate to the business side of things, so stop trying to change the context of the question. You will lose every time against someone like me who can't be misled.

-Business ? is solely related to who white people want to market and white people's purchases. That's why Eminem went diamond with Recovery and will go diamond with his newest release, yet Nas with at least as much talent (who gets labeled a gangsta rapper by ignorant whites) can barely go gold. That's why Macklemore can go platinum, yet much better talents struggle to chart. They're the ones who control the business side of things, so it's useless to bring that up in this kind of argument.

-White people loved Jordan's self hating, no ? behind and HATED AI due to his style, his I'm going to do it my way attitude, him saying he hates white women, his case before he went to college etc. Using anything business related when it comes to AI vs. Jordan is silly because they weren't marketed with the same level of backing, in fact Jordan was pushed to the forefront, while AI was swept under the rug.
  • coop9889
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Michael Jordan

The OP said basketball clown. Basketball, not the NBA. They're different entities. Basketball is a sport played on the playgrounds of various cities, in various high schools, in different countries across the world etc. Basketball the sport does not solely relate to the business side of things, so stop trying to change the context of the question. You will lose every time against someone like me who can't be misled.

The NBA has more influence on basketball globally than any other entity or person you can name. How can you possibly delve into a discussion about basketball and think the NBA has nothing to do with it. Especially when discussing two NBA players specifically? The only reason they had ANY influence on anyone was through the NBA.
    -Business ? is solely related to who white people want to market and white people's purchases. That's why Eminem went diamond with Recovery and will go diamond with his newest release, yet Nas with at least as much talent (who gets labeled a gangsta rapper by ignorant whites) can barely go gold. That's why Macklemore can go platinum, yet much better talents struggle to chart. They're the ones who control the business side of things, so it's useless to bring that up in this kind of argument.

Ironic you speak against changing the context of the question then do the same thing yourself.

And you are highly uninformed of how the business world is. Lol @ "business ? ". You don't even know what you're referring to. Sure there are plenty of whites at the top levels of the nba, but there are blacks and other races too. You don't think it is in the best interest of the BLACK marketing directors, BLACK pr people, etc... to control and influence the masses' purchasing power? They get paid off that too. Why are you so certain it's only white people? You're ignorant.
    -White people loved Jordan's self hating, no ? behind and HATED AI due to his style, his I'm going to do it my way attitude, him saying he hates white women, his case before he went to college etc. Using anything business related when it comes to AI vs. Jordan is silly because they weren't marketed with the same level of backing, in fact Jordan was pushed to the forefront, while AI was swept under the rug.

In this segment alone you are saying, whether you realize it or not, that Jordan had more influence. Killing your own argument.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Allen Iverson
    The white people own all the big businesses. They have all the money. How many owners are black? What percentage of management is black vs. white? Also every black employee like marketing directors are paid by an even wealthier white person.

We haven't reached that level where we're independent of other races. This is common knowledge. Why would even argue that point?

.... I've already alluded to the fact that Jordan had more influence due to white people, hence the white people don't count statement. You can't be that absentminded. Keep up bruh.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • coop9889
    Options
    Michael Jordan
    The white people own all the big businesses. They have all the money. How many owners are black? What percentage of management is black vs. white? Also every black employee like marketing directors are paid by an even wealthier white person.

We haven't reached that level where we're independent of other races. This is common knowledge. Why would even argue that point?

.... I've already alluded to the fact that Jordan had more influence due to white people, hence the white people don't count statement. You can't be that absentminded. Keep up bruh.

Yet you vote for AI. Lol @ more influence due to white people.

And on a completely unrelated sidenote wtf does 'independent of other races' even mean lol. No race lives independent of another race.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    Options
    Allen Iverson
    Btw Chris Paul's opinion counts more than any of our opinions on this subject. Most of y'all are people who have never picked up a basketball, let alone play at a professional level or even in college.

Also, you have no idea what most players' opinions are on the subject and what general consensus is between peers in the basketball setting.

What your peers think of you is way more important than what impressionable outsiders think.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    Options
    Allen Iverson
    coop9889 wrote: »

Yet you vote for AI. Lol @ more influence due to white people.

And on a completely unrelated sidenote wtf does 'independent of other races' even mean lol. No race lives independent of another race.

I voted for AI because from my point of view, he influenced basketball more and it's not close. Like I stated earlier, he's the reason why I started playing basketball and watching it religiously.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Michael Jordan
    I would say AI style meaning...the braids, tattos, attitude had some influence in the league especially in the early 2000's

Oh great he influenced Donyell Marshall, Delonte West, Brad Miller, and Richard Hamilton. Wow If nba influence were ketchup, MJ would be Heinz and AI would be "tomato catsup"
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you know what? this is my bad, i been slacking a little. allow me to rectify that

dec._21_nfl_lights_out.gif
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Michael Jordan
    Look like jordan won.

Lol @ this gettin locked thas y ? dont make threads but i know this was probably going in that direction...

@nothingbutthetruth

You know you my militant bro but u wrong for picking a.i. Even if you feel Jordan is a ? .

Im out
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Michael Jordan
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    A.I.'s shine starts at crossing Michael Jordan over. Put that in perspect: You cross ME over and the world suddenly shines a spotlight on YOU.

Yeah, VA representers will come in hollin about his football, high school, and college glory years, but tell me if cameras would've been on A.I. like that had he not shook the GOAT at the top of the key.

Word, just completely ignore his rookie of the year season when homie hit 50 or 40 pts 5 times in a row and dunkin on Centers lol there was nothin special about that at all.
This discussion has been closed.