• KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Terrible idea.
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    think its whack and ironic that cornballs like the heat came up with the idea...

It's the NBA's idea not just the Miami Heat. Players around the league are doing it. I know hating the Miami Heat gets cool points, but at least be accurate with your hate lol

im shocked nobody in the nba front office tried broaching the subject of staying away from any gang type references and on how nicknames reminds them of gangs an ?

interesting how they try promoting its product to the hip hop generation but then regulating and punishing its players for participating in hip hop culture must be a hard line to toe for them-- wanting to increase its full earning potential by licensing its product to whoever can provide it and its owners with greater revenue while at the same time protecting its image to the primarily caucasian fan base
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    think its whack and ironic that cornballs like the heat came up with the idea...

It's the NBA's idea not just the Miami Heat. Players around the league are doing it. I know hating the Miami Heat gets cool points, but at least be accurate with your hate lol

the Heat are the ones that put it out there. so what I said was accurate, I give a ? about cool points. it is what it is...
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They wearin them right now fam...Nets vs Heat....
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just glad Asap "Pretty ? " Rocky aint no baller
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »

im shocked nobody in the nba front office tried broaching the subject of staying away from any gang type references and on how nicknames reminds them of gangs an ?

interesting how they try promoting its product to the hip hop generation but then regulating and punishing its players for participating in hip hop culture must be a hard line to toe for them-- wanting to increase its full earning potential by licensing its product to whoever can provide it and its owners with greater revenue while at the same time protecting its image to the primarily caucasian fan base

i dont get the hip hop and nick name connection. nick names have always been part of sports
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seems like a lame marketing gimmick, nothing more.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seems like a lame marketing gimmick, nothing more.

Exactly what it is
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If anything they should just do that ? for the ASG...Allen prolly burned his after the game....lmao
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mike06 wrote: »
    If anything they should just do that ? for the ASG...Allen prolly burned his after the game....lmao

Agreed, The ? is unprofessional and clownish imo, I bet Bron swore it was a great idea for Ray to wear a shuttlesworth jersey, dude is as corny as Dwight sometimes
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good idea, terrible timing.

Woat era for nicknames in sports. Nowadays nikkas just use acronyms like they know these nikkas personally.

And, yeah, All-star game is the best time for something like this.

Maybe even let fans vote on a nickname for each all-star (choosing between like 3 or 4 choices.)

Winning names won't be revealed until the game. Adds to anticipation.
  • ckfree
    Options
    mike06 wrote: »

Agreed, The ? is unprofessional and clownish imo, I bet Bron swore it was a great idea for Ray to wear a shuttlesworth jersey, dude is as corny as Dwight sometimes

word even though i bet he eats his fries one fry at a time bosh is by far the coolest of the three its cool to me that he embraces all the jokes and being a weirdo same cant be said for the other two as much as they try to make it seem moreso wade than lebron

wade all type of fake im surprised he did the cheating himself id have expected joey crawford to artificially inseminate that groupie big ? ? on his behalf
  • ckfree
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    ckfree wrote: »

i dont get the hip hop and nick name connection. nick names have always been part of sports

by product i meant more to a larger point not the jerseys themselves

that the nba has embraced the hip hop lifestyle as a money making prospect (i.e playing rap music at games, signing deals with apparel manufacturers, groups performing at nba promotional tours etc) but then wants to distance itself from it in other regards (i.e dress codes)