The Beauty thread!!!! This Is All About Make-Up, Hair, Skin, Face and More!!!

Options

Comments

• REV_RAGE
    REV_RAGE Members Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do not allow this to happen to you.
    [img]https://scontent-a-mia.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash2/484321_402812333090598_179985414_n.jpg[/img]
  • lighthearted26
    lighthearted26 Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is anyone here good wit smokey eyes ? Ive watched ton of tutorials on YouTube and everytime i end up looking like a domestic violence victim. Could it be some people can't pull off the smokey eyes look and I'm one of them. Or maybe im not using the correct makeup. I use mac but it's too expensive to buy all the ? they use in the tutorials. I usually have 2-4 different eye shadows, eyeliner and mascara.
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't really like make up on my face, but I am getting more into lip glosses and lipsticks.

Has anybody tried cleaning their face with oils?
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is anyone here good wit smokey eyes ? Ive watched ton of tutorials on YouTube and everytime i end up looking like a domestic violence victim. Could it be some people can't pull off the smokey eyes look and I'm one of them. Or maybe im not using the correct makeup. I use mac but it's too expensive to buy all the ? they use in the tutorials. I usually have 2-4 different eye shadows, eyeliner and mascara.

GIRL ONCE YOU LEARN TO BLEND YOU CAN SMOKEY EYE WITH ALMOST ANY COLOR AND A LIL BLACK LINER
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    but anyways my fave make up in my kit

Eye shadow: Maybelline Eye studio pallets
    Lashes: red cherry lashes (they last forever) and benefit "yes theyre real" mascara
    Skin: Smashbox photo finish primer
    Cheeks :milani rose d'oro blush, toofaced French Riviera bronzer/contour kit, Nars super orgasm blush
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sister got me these. Yay or nay?

MmEKU3Ql.jpg

demonstrate them joints and a yay or nay shall be voiced.
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sephora is your best friend!!! use them for your free samples.
  • lighthearted26
    lighthearted26 Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

GIRL ONCE YOU LEARN TO BLEND YOU CAN SMOKEY EYE WITH ALMOST ANY COLOR AND A LIL BLACK LINER

Yea was told by the mac lady at the mall about doing smokey eyes in any color. I just need someone to teach me this blending technique u speak of.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    20140130_062503_zpssrytwwbz.jpg

20140130_062615_zpslajezikd.jpg

New fave right here..I've bought this in 3 shades so far and I love it..cheap, easy to apply on the go, and gives more of a lipstick appearance than just a regular gloss. I'm growing bored with glosses, kinda miss the days of rich lip color.
  • MissK
    MissK Members Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Kat

does it feel sticky? I don't like to wear a lot of color but the glosses have that feeling to me and I hate it
    Pretty color
  • Kat
    Options
    It doesn't feel sticky at all...I love it.

Now I will say it doesn't really keep it's shine as long as a gloss, so you might keep a clear gloss handy if that's the look you want.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    20140130_062615_zpslajezikd.jpg
    Who lips are these?
  • Kat
    Options
    Um mine...was it necessary to unspoiler them?

Why are you even in here, nosey?
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Um mine...
    Oh really?
    k6uEoPL.gif
    What ya afternoon looking like?
    Why are you even in here, nosey?
    That's neither here nor there.....
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I did a hair mask last night that was made up of avocado, egg, honey, and coconut oil. Hair feels like silk!
  • SixSickSins
    SixSickSins Members Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    taeboo wrote: »
    I did a hair mask last night that was made up of avocado, egg, honey, and coconut oil. Hair feels like silk!

Pics.

• Kat
    Options
  • ElQueefo
    ElQueefo Members Posts: 71
    Options
    I got a laser hair removal package deal

going hairless 4 summer
  • Kat
    Options
    Dropping her at a salon every time would be too much, not to mention costly.

But going a couple times would be beneficial I think, especially if they're aware of the situation.

She gets her hair done, you get a tutorial and some tips to take home.

But @SixSickSins‌ is very knowledgeable on the topic so I'm sure she can help.

• SixSickSins
    Options
    I have a question for the IC ladies..... Im wanting some advice on caring for my daughters hair. She is 3 and she is not mixed, she is black. I just recently flat ironed it and realized it is so much more manageable that way. Im wanting to know how often can I straighten it and what it the best heat protectant for it? Also , suggestions on any certain products that are good for her hair? Haf and I dont want any perms or relaxers on her hair. I wash it once a week, at first I was told every two weeks but she is a little too active to go that long. I know a few simple hairstyles but I just want ideas or any advice on keeping her hair healthy and growing. The ends are split and slightly damaged from constant use of rubber bands. So is trimming her ends something that I need to have done and if so how often should I do that? Any advice is appreciated.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not begin the vicious cycle of flat ironing her hair for "manageability" purposes. My hair is so kinky that a comb can't even be ran through it unless it is soaking wet with water and conditioner with lots of non silicone slip (my fave is Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Conditioner). It is still manageable, growing just fine, and beautiful (if I do say so myself!).

I ask you not to keep her hair in a constant straight state because little Black girls come out from childhood with the mindset that their natural kinky hair is inconvenient, unmanageable, ugly, and not good enough. It is essential to teach little Black girls that their natural texture is perfectly fine AND manageable when you know how to properly care for it. You cannot care for kinky, not-made-for-combs hair in the same manner that you would care for straighter textures more characteristic of non-Blacks. Using chemical texture softeners (texturizers) or complete straighteners (relaxers/perms) OR relying solely on flat ironing is a COP OUT.

Forget straightening and heat protectants. Alladat is merely a road to heat damage (eventually) and a mental complex that far too many little beautiful Black girls already face.

If you two are comfortable uploading a pic of the child's hair (block face if need be) then I can better recommend a hair regimen for her personal needs. Without knowing, I'm still going to list some resources below. Please learn from them and continue to add to your knowledge base during your own time.
  • SixSickSins
    Options
    I know you said she is Black, but since you're probably new to handling kinky hair of any sort, this blog should be of some use:

http://beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com/

^^^The mom is white and the daughter is mixed. However, the mom also features techniques and styling practices on her other Black, non-mixed cousins. Different kids with different textures and tons of styles and product recommendations.

A few examples + link to a routine:
  • SixSickSins
    Options
    Begin deep conditioning her hair each time you wash. Wash in sections as well. After you learn about those two things, go learn about finger detangling. You may initially be freaked out about how little you will use a comb on natural Black hair, but trust me...this my niche, lol. Plenty of tuts online on how to do so and with which products.

YOUTUBE TUTORIALS for Black babygirl hair:

Sample routine
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcvsZkCfxFs

How to moisturize Black hair:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJZy_iUqC7o

Quick bun style:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsB10Uxah5g

LOL, this would be an all month thang if I try to give all info at once. When I have some free time, I'll make a video about my natural hair routine, products, technique, etc.

If you, or anyone else, has a specific question you can post it here. I'll try to touch on it asap.
  • SixSickSins
    Options
    @SixSickSins‌

Help this child!

Thanks, I was needed forreal.
  • SixSickSins
    Options
    Frizz comes with the natural hair territory. Trying to tame it 24/7 will only lead to hair breakage and your frustration. A lil frizz is pretty, anyway.

Just For Me products is ? with a brand name, tbh. My mommy used that when I was little in the 90s and it was horrid and still is.

I'll try to make the video asap.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options