Official 2014 NBA Draft Thread (the race to the bottom)

Options

Comments

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This should go here
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    Dude on ESPNU just called Dante Exum the next Darko. #Sheesh

I believe it!!

I seen the vid of Marcus Smart takin his cookies nh. Marcus Smart is 6'4...soooo what happens when a 6'1, 6'2 dude gets up in him nh, and hes not yet strong enough to post up to augment that

Then he becomes a SG

Ok, well as a SG what advantages does he have?

Be careful. Remember...1 of the Harrison twins was a "6'6 pg" and a top 5 prospect based on 'great size', then we saw him play and we came off the ledge. Exum hasnt had the chance to get exposed for a full year like that yet
  • S2J
    edited June 2014
    Options
    My last mock.

1. Cleveland-Wiggins
    2. Bucks-Parker
    3. Philly-Exum
    4. Orlando-Smart
    5. Utah-Vonleh
    6. Boston-Randle
    7. Lakers-Embid
    8. Sacramento-The WILL trade this pick. I think the team that does will be looking to gamble and take a sleeper. Like a Levine or Elfrid Peyton. For the sake of the mock, i'll just say Gordon.
    9. Hornets-Levine
    10. Sixers-Mcdermott
    11. Denver-Sakic
    12. Orlando-Hood
    13. Twolves-Stauskis
    14. Suns-A. Payne
    15. Hawks-G. Harris
    16. Bulls-Peyton
    17. Celtics-J. Young
    18. Suns-TJ Warren
    19. Bulls-J. Adams
    20. Raptors-Ennis
    21. OKC-Kyle Anderson
    22. Memphis-C. Early
    23. Utah-Capela
    24. Charlotte-PJ Hairston
    25. Hou-Napier
    26. Miami-They'll probably trade up to get Napier in this scenario. If not, Jordan Clarkson
    27. Phx-J. Grant
    28. LAC- G. Rob III
    29. OKC-KJ Mcdaniels-the new Thabo
    30. SA- Insert international. Maybe Greek Freak 2
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im good with Embid or Exum
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    if the bulls are unable to move up to get one of the white boys i hope they use one of their picks on that european guy that shocked draft experts when he pulled out if hes available

i heard on the radio he got an opt out after his first year

he would be a nice asset to have moving forward no matter what happens this off season + thibs wont be giving 2 rookies playing time anyways might as well stash one

I agree about the euro dude too if they can't trade up and draft harris or one of the 2 whiteboy shooters
    The Chicago Bulls are "trying hard" to trade both the No. 16 and 19 picks in Thursday's 2014 NBA Draft in order to get either Doug McDermott or Nik Stauskas, according to DraftExpress' Jonathan Givony. They would reportedly like to acquire a pick in the 9-11 range. At least one of them should be available there.

It's always seemed logical that Chicago would trade at least one of its picks, as it wants to create as much cap flexibility as possible in order to make a move to acquire a star like Carmelo Anthony.

This would be the ideal scenario
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So we posting here or offseason thread, I'm confused.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So you don't think they made that Afflalo deal because they are already sold on Exum? Pretty sure Orlando is going that route
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »
    So we posting here or offseason thread, I'm confused.

Both I guess. Cheers to a good draft. I think y'all end up with Embid or Vonleh..

• ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    if the bulls are unable to move up to get one of the white boys i hope they use one of their picks on that european guy that shocked draft experts when he pulled out if hes available

i heard on the radio he got an opt out after his first year

he would be a nice asset to have moving forward no matter what happens this off season + thibs wont be giving 2 rookies playing time anyways might as well stash one

I agree about the euro dude too if they can't trade up and draft harris or one of the 2 whiteboy shooters
    The Chicago Bulls are "trying hard" to trade both the No. 16 and 19 picks in Thursday's 2014 NBA Draft in order to get either Doug McDermott or Nik Stauskas, according to DraftExpress' Jonathan Givony. They would reportedly like to acquire a pick in the 9-11 range. At least one of them should be available there.

It's always seemed logical that Chicago would trade at least one of its picks, as it wants to create as much cap flexibility as possible in order to make a move to acquire a star like Carmelo Anthony.

This would be the ideal scenario

thats the ? up part about having the draft before free agency

aside from being in the east these picks is what gives the bulls an advantage in sign and trade deals but not if the bulls draft for themselves

im ready for all outcomes
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options

So you don't think they made that Afflalo deal because they are already sold on Exum? Pretty sure Orlando is going that route

Honestly I don't know what the ? were going to do or who were gonna take. Exum makes the most sense tho
  • Los216
    Los216 Members Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ain't even gotta say ? but check the sig ?
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    all I know is the Thunder better draft a 2 way SG, I am sick to death of these 1 dimensional 2 guards we keep ending up with. Thank ? Thabo's ass is grass.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honestly what is with this TNA wrestling type crowd tonight?
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hate when ESPN says something starts at a certain time just to get you to watch their idiot "analysts"
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aye somebody tell me who my Sixers will pick
  • Dave2one6
    Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cleveland in the house. What's not to like? lol
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seems weird the Kings drafted Stauskas when they have McLemore, maybe Rondo trade in the works.
    Liked the Hornets pick, PJ got to stay out of trouble but it's worth the gamble. Vonleh has the potential, but seems like a guy that'd need a constant kick in the ass.

Phila did the right thing grabbing Embiid and who the ? is Bruno Cabolco?
  • qeezus_price
    qeezus_price Members Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was skeptical of the stauskus pick but in a way it makes sense. Ben was the only sg we had so we needed the depth. And nika can actually play some point so he might b used in spots. I honestly hope we keep Ben even though he had a tough rookie season
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    Hate when ESPN says something starts at a certain time just to get you to watch their idiot "analysts"

Hell yea they tricked me in to watching that 30 minutes of yap yap.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    EP and AG the new Payton and Kemp... don't believe me just watch
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Embid was a steal
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    Los216 wrote: »

• zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sig turned off post
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    zerocool wrote: »

Sig turned off post

• S2J
    Options
    I was skeptical of the stauskus pick but in a way it makes sense. Ben was the only sg we had so we needed the depth. And nika can actually play some point so he might b used in spots. I honestly hope we keep Ben even though he had a tough rookie season

I notice a lot of people rate picks like this. When you're not a contender, and you're picking #8...in a loaded draft...u should be drafting for best avail, not for need or depth.

• qeezus_price
    qeezus_price Members Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^ true but who else was there that could really help. McDermott maybe. Noah v. Was there but we failed with forwards and he's a project. Nik 2 as the best available I believe at 8