Comments

• NuLife
    NuLife Members Posts: 217 ✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    NuLife wrote: »
    Sevyn is pretty cool.. I like her style.. average vocalist though. Ep is good, looking forward to what the album will be like.

sevyn>>>> any newer artist out right now...

Does Elle Varner count or is she not considered as new as sevyn? Cause I'd beg to differ
    Elle Varner is nice dont get me wrong... but voice wise i think sevyn has a better range then she does..

Whoa whoa whoa... You're just kidding right? Sevyn's voice is average at best, absolutely nothing special or unique about it and she doesn't really have that much control or power.

lol have u listened 2 that acappella of Aaliyah's "come over" i posted?

Yes I saw it before you posted it as well as other covers and performances of hers. It's ok, its not that great, and it's an Aaliyah song. I love Aaliyah but lets not act like she was the best vocalist. I like Sevyn but she's not a powerhouse. She's along the same lines as Kelly Rowland.

http://youtu.be/QkvccHol4EM
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sevyn is pretty cool.. I like her style.. average vocalist though. Ep is good, looking forward to what the album will be like.

sevyn>>>> any newer artist out right now...

Does Elle Varner count or is she not considered as new as sevyn? Cause I'd beg to differ
    Elle Varner is nice dont get me wrong... but voice wise i think sevyn has a better range then she does..

Whoa whoa whoa... You're just kidding right? Sevyn's voice is average at best, absolutely nothing special or unique about it and she doesn't really have that much control or power.

lol have u listened 2 that acappella of Aaliyah's "come over" i posted?

Yes I saw it before you posted it as well as other covers and performances of hers. It's ok, its not that great, and it's an Aaliyah song. I love Aaliyah but lets not act like she was the best vocalist. I like Sevyn but she's not a powerhouse. She's along the same lines as Kelly Rowland.

http://youtu.be/QkvccHol4EM
    Kelly Rowland goat! dont act like kelly "average" if thats the case Beyonce "average" Alicia keys "average" the only "goat" r&b artists would be Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey voice wise...

• NuLife
    Options
    Bey has more range and control than Kelly.. I don't like Alicia's voice at all, she's terrible imo... Jazmine sullivan has a dope voice though.. Most of todays artists have basic voices with no character at all. They aren't bad singers, they are just your average every day singer...Sevyn falls in this category
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    Bey has more range and control than Kelly.. I don't like Alicia's voice at all, she's terrible imo... Jazmine sullivan has a dope voice though.. Most of todays artists have basic voices with no character at all. They aren't bad singers, they are just your average every day singer...Sevyn falls in this category

(no diss) but Beyonce dont like people she dont kno calling her "bey"... but 2 stay on topic... kelly can hit higher notes then Beyonce can.. she does have a wider range then she does.. plus Beyonce natural voice tone is way deeper then kellys.. imo sevyn has a vibrant and honest personality... she keeps it real on the fact that "she might be crazy but" she shows that she goes thru ? the average woman goes thru.. which is very approachable..
  • NuLife
    Options

(no diss) but Beyonce dont like people she dont kno calling her "bey"... but 2 stay on topic... kelly can hit higher notes then Beyonce can.. she does have a wider range then she does.. plus Beyonce natural voice tone is way deeper then kellys.. imo sevyn has a vibrant and honest personality... she keeps it real on the fact that "she might be crazy but" she shows that she goes thru ? the average woman goes thru.. which is very approachable..

We arent talking about her personality or approachability though..We are talking about her vocal abilities... She's average.

I can probably hit a higher note than Bey (btw idc if she likes it, she'll live) That don't make me a better singer than her though. Kelly can sing, but she's not as strong of a vocalist as Bey. There are things that Bey can do with her voice that Kelly probably wouldn't even attempt on her best day.
  • damobb2deep
    Options

We arent talking about her personality or approachability though..We are talking about her vocal abilities... She's average.

I can probably hit a higher note than Bey (btw idc if she likes it, she'll live) That don't make me a better singer than her though. Kelly can sing, but she's not as strong of a vocalist as Bey. There are things that Bey can do with her voice that Kelly probably wouldn't even attempt on her best day.
    lol u must be a Beyonce stan... its cool... but sevyn's vocal skills are better then average imo.. shes no Whitney Houston or even Christina Augilera.. but she will eat rhianna or Janene ahiko alive..
  • NuLife
    Options

lol u must be a Beyonce stan... its cool... but sevyn's vocal skills are better then average imo.. shes no Whitney Houston or even Christina Augilera.. but she will eat rhianna or Janene ahiko alive..

lol y i gotta be all that?
    I can't just have a good unbiased ear?

I agree she will eat Rihanna up.. Rihanna can't really sing. She's in the same category as Ciara

But I do think Jhene can sing...she has light, soft voice, but she has some skills
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    Rihanna's vocals >>> Jhene's
  • jazzybella
    jazzybella Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jhene is really overrated....if she didn't have those features from drake, the, cole, and others...nobody would pay her mind.
  • jazzybella
    Options
    jazzybella wrote: »
    Jhene is really overrated....if she didn't have those features from drake, tde, cole, and others...nobody would pay her mind.

• KillaCham
    Options
    Jhene is really overrated....if she didn't have those features from drake, the, cole, and others...nobody would pay her mind.
    Really tho. I like her mixtape but her voice is on Cassie levels. Nice voice that sounds good on a ballad but not the best singer singer.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Disagree, never heard her features before I heard her solo stuff, she's dope asf
  • jazzybella
    Options
    KillaCham wrote: »
    Really tho. I like her mixtape but her voice is on Cassie levels. Nice voice that sounds good on a ballad but not the best singer singer.

Idk if she write her music because she has some great content especially the song thats getting air play at the moment, something about "I dont need you but I want you" but other than that yea her voice is average
  • jazzybella
    Options

Disagree, never heard her features before I heard her solo stuff, she's dope asf

Eh, I couldn't get through the whole mixtape but I do respect her grind
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I cant take too much of Elle Varner's voice. She sounds screechy most times and she yells like a mf
  • damobb2deep
    Options

lmao! rhianna sounds like a bagpipe...
  • KillaCham
    Options

Lol.... Rihanna is one of the most improved vocalist ina while, though. I highly doubt Jhene is seeing her live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjnXDFNVlao
  • damobb2deep
    Options

Lol.... Rihanna is one of the most improved vocalist ina while, though. I highly doubt Jhene is seeing her live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjnXDFNVlao

rhianna is an island thot... we all kno this.... imagine if u smashed and the ? was wack you know dissapointed u would be? she is prolly 70% manufactured/hype...

• KillaCham
    Options
    @damobb2deep you still gonna say Jhene still sounds better than Rhianna after Summer Jam? rofl
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    For all of Rihanna's faults at least her voice is distinctive. If she was singing behind a curtain you would know straight away it was her - Jhene Aiko just sounds monotone and anonymous, nothing distinct about her one-note ? .
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bodhi wrote: »
    I cant take too much of Elle Varner's voice. She sounds screechy most times and she yells like a mf

This.

I got a free download of her album and while I like a few of her songs, I can't listen to her for too long. Her voice starts to grate on your nerves after awhile.
  • damobb2deep
    Options
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    @damobb2deep you still gonna say Jhene still sounds better than Rhianna after Summer Jam? rofl

what happened? @KillaCham ... btw ? people like Beyonce... Christina Aguilera... Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston all have had "bad days"
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvOo-SYN0mY&feature=player_detailpage

this ? beats in the whip... smh... lol don't sleep..

cs this my ? I queen out when this come on

@KillaCham what up!