Daily Gospel

Options
Premeer
Premeer Members Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
one of my favorite scriptures explaining how to be giving without making the deed a selfish deed. but a selfless deed.

Matthew 6:1-4
Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

Comments

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tis the season! Christ the Savior was born!

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty ? , The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this."
    Isaiah 9:6-7
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Do you know Him today?

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins."
    Matthew 1:21
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Are you waiting and expecting the coming of the Lord? Are you saved? Are you living holy? Are you filled with the Spirit?

"And behold, there was a man in Jerusalem whose name was Simeon, and this man was just and devout, waiting for the Consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was upon him." Luke 2:25

May we all be like Simeon and with confidence be able to say Yes to the all of the above questions. Amen.
  • Premeer
    Options
    Matthew 13
    The parable of the sower and the seed
    1 The same day went Jesus out of the house, and sat by the sea side.
    2 And great multitudes were gathered together unto him, so that he went into a ship, and sat; and the whole multitude stood on the shore.
    3 And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow;
    4 And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:
    5 Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:
    6 And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.
    7 And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:
    8 But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.
    9 Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.
    10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
    11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
    12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
    13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
    14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
    15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
    16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.
    17 For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

the exposition of it
    18 Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.
    19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.
    20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;
    21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.1
    22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.
    23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

i love when Jesus speaks in parables! if makes me feel good because i understand them without needing an explanation. nothing but the spirit in me!
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    "Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of ? ." 2 Corinthians 7:1

? has promised to never leave us nor forsake us, so let us draw near to Him by crucifying our flesh daily and letting the Holy Spirit have full control of our lives.

Amen.
  • Premeer
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Matthew 7
    24 Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.
    25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock.
    26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand.
    27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.

turning to Jesus, you will not be broken. you will forever stand firm because Jesus will always keep you strong, protected, safe, and stable. not only that, but He will feed you wisdom, great wisdom.

the people who turn from Jesus, fall for all the lies that are presented. they dont know the truth from a lie because they turned their back on the truth. so if they are a stranger to the truth, how can they tell a lie?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    The attitude of Christ must be our attitude as well. Amen.

"5Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6Who, being in the form of ? , thought it not robbery to be equal with ? : 7But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9Wherefore ? also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of ? the Father." Philippians 2:5-11

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    I'd rather scare a sinner into heaven than love a sinner into hell. Amen.

"Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto ? ; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences." 2 Corinthians 5:11
  • Premeer
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Luke 9
    9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
    10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
    11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?
    12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?
    13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

great things. your parents have given your great things over the years... do you think ? cant give you anything better than your parents have? and think - all you have to do is ask. how great and loving is ? . your real Heavenly Father.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I figured, I'd post this here, just an epitomy or something that was prophesied to me.
    Many Scholars say the Pharaoh who was on the throne of Egypt at the time of Moses' birth, was Pharaoh Seti I. He was the father of Rameses II, the Pharaoh of the oppression, also known as Rameses the Great.

George Rawlinson, an English author wrote a book entitled History of Egypt. On page 252, he gives a description of Seti I. He states: "SETI'S FACE WAS THOROUGHLY AFRICAN. HE HAD A STORMY FACE WITH A DEPRESSED FLAT NOSE, THICK LIPS AND HEAVY CHIN."

Moses had to have the same physical characteristics because again, he was raised in the house of Pharaoh, as the grandson of Pharaoh, when Pharaoh ordered all other Hebrew males to be killed at birth. If the Israelites were a white-skinned people, how could Moses the Hebrew survive (secretly) in the house of Pharaoh among black-skinned Egyptians for 40 years, and not be noticed.

Furthermore, after giving the decree (himself) to ? all Hebrew males, how could Pharaoh face and rule over his people, if he knowingly had one living in his house with all the rights and privileges of his own family? Moses survived 40 years in the palace of Pharaoh because he was a black man just as the Egyptians were.

This is deep, Pharaoh looked into the eyes of Moses as a baby and thought this was his own flesh and blood. He looked into the eyes of Moses as a teenager and thought this was his own flesh and blood. He looked into the eyes of Moses as a young man in his 20's and 30's and thought this was his own flesh and blood. Pharaoh seen Moses grow into a man of 40 and he thought this was his own flesh and blood grandson.

Just as the Canaanite couldn't tell the Hebrews from the Egyptians. Pharaoh couldn't either, or Moses would have been killed instantly.

Scripture tells us that Moses killed an Egyptian, after he saw him mistreating a Hebrew. So Moses had to flee from Egypt for his life, because Pharaoh found out and sought to ? him (Exodus 2:12-15). Pharaoh was trying to ? Moses because he found out Moses was a Hebrew and not his flesh and blood grandson.

Moses fled to the land of Midian (located in Saudi Arabia) where he helped seven daughters of the priest of Midian water their flock, after chasing away some bully shepherds. The girls went home to their father, Reuel and told him what happened.
    As was mentioned, the ancient Egyptians were the descendants of Noah's son, Khawm, or Ham in English. Khawm means black, hot and burnt. The ancient Egyptians called their land and themselves Khemet, which in their tongue means "THE LAND OF BLACKS." The word Khemet is nothing but a variation on the word Khawm in the language of ancient Egypt.

The reason why Jesus is white to white people is because ? is trying to convey everyone to follow him of all races, creeds and colors. The original Israelites were black and if Israel was still black today it wouldn't be heavily protected by the U.N. and America and prophecy wouldn't be fulfilled. If the new testament fulfills the prophecy of the old testament then todays time fulfills the prophecy of the new testament.
  • Premeer
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Genesis 1
    And ? blessed them [man], and ? said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

and ? left man in charge of all the world, as it is and was and always will be until the Lords return. and we have been fruitful, we made it thousands of years by being fruitful. and man definitely replenished the earth, just as He said. Gods word lives, is true, and lives forever.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Since the mods labeled the R&R a place where children come, it's only fitting to acknowledge their correct assumption.

"1At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?2And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, 3And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. 4Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me. 6But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea." Matthew 18:1-6

Amen. May we always be dependant upon our heavenly Father as a little child depends upon their fathers for nurture, protection, provision, and shelter. Hallelujah!
  • Premeer
    Options
    on that note, Do

James 3
    2 For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.
    3 Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.
    4 Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.
    5 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!
    6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.
    7 For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
    8 But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
    9 Therewith bless we ? , even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of ? .
    10 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

its important to watch what you say to others. a reckless mouth can and WILL be a mans downfall. theres more scripture on this, much more, but ill keep it to 1 passage a day for me lol.

my hope in doing this thread was to help others who believe and dont believe. so i hope its leaving its impact.
  • Premeer
    Options
    Hebrews 13
    5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
    6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

when you have ? , you will always have everything you need. times wont always be easy, but you will never be in need. may not always have what you want, but nobody will be able to harm you and you will be a better person, in the end and Gods promise of eternal life will be granted.

everybody dies, but only a select few dies once.
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    Can someone explain revelations to me. Sometimes I read it and it's just hard to fathom what I'm reading. Like the angels holding back the 4 winds from the earth or the seven golden candle sticks and the seven churches of Asia. Why asia?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Can someone explain revelations to me. Sometimes I read it and it's just hard to fathom what I'm reading. Like the angels holding back the 4 winds from the earth or the seven golden candle sticks and the seven churches of Asia. Why asia?

1. In Revelation chapter 7 the 4 angels are standing on the 4 corners of the earth restraning the 4 winds of the earth from unleashing judgment on the earth. The chapter goes on to tell us that the 4 winds will not be unleashed until the 144,000 are sealed.

2. Chapter 1 tells us the identity of the 7 golden candle sticks. They are the 7 seven churches.

"The mystery of the seven stars which you saw in my right hand, and the seven golden lampstands: The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands which you saw are the seven churches." Revelation 1:20

3. The 7 churches were all located in asia minor, which we know today as modern day Turkey. These churches were singled out because they would provide lessons for the church as a whole throughout it's history.

Hopefully this is a start. Please ask more questions for clarification. I live in the book of Revelation. I love it. Plus there is a special blessing for all who study it and keep the words hidden in their heart. Amen.

"Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near." Revelation 1:3
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    Thanks man, that was very much needed. I'm still studying it. My posting style may change as well. ? is working in me.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Thanks man, that was very much needed. I'm still studying it. My posting style may change as well. ? is working in me.

Praise ? ! Keep on growing and letting Christ take control! Hallelujah!
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

im on that same path mayne *respect*

• Premeer
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Do, i need some prayer, brah. i been having a hard time focusing.... amongst other problems. i need some prayer healing!! i pray daily but other prayers, especially from a righteous man is good! so help me out here, man. been having a hard time getting it together.

@DoUwant2go2Heaven?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    My pleasure my brother. Our battle is spiritual in nature and everything in this world is geared to take our minds off the LORD. The world, the flesh, and the devil are all seeking to thwart our inner man from taking pleasure in the LORD.

But thanks be to ? that He has equipped us for the fight! The word of ? must be our weapon if we are to keep focus in this world. Our inner man thirsts for its nourishment, but we have to starve our flesh in order to feast on the word. That's how we maintain focus. We deny ourselves (the flesh) and feed our spirit with the bread of life.

It's more easier said than done, but that is exactly when the word is activated. We must cling to the promises of ? and speak them OUT LOUD! Promises such as these:

"If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask ? , who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you." James 1:5

"3Trust in the Lord and do good;
    dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
    4Take delight in the Lord,
    and he will give you the desires of your heart.
    5Commit your way to the Lord;
    trust in him and he will do this:
    6He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn,
    your vindication like the noonday sun."
    Psalm 37:3-6

"I am the LORD your ? , who brought you up out of Egypt. Open wide your mouth and I will fill it." Psalm 81:10

? will fill you with the Spirit when we make Him our priority. We must be like the Psalmist when he declared, "As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my ? ." Psalm 42:1

That's how we maintain focus. Are u thirsty for Him? Yes, you are that's why your seeking counsel and intercession. Praise ? . Ask the LORD to give u strength to do a fast. A fast will reenergize you and sharpen your focus! And I will intercede on your behalf asking the LORD to strengthen your inner man so that your flesh will continue to be crucified. This is a marathon my brother. So continue to strive for the prize! Continue to walk with endurance! Continue to follow the narrow path that leads to life! Your a mighty man of ? ! Walk as a child of the King! You have royal blood flowing through your veins! And everything in the age to come belongs to you! Hallelujah. I love you my friend! Be strong in the LORD and in the power of His might! Amen!
  • Premeer
    edited January 2014
    Options
    My pleasure my brother. Our battle is spiritual in nature and everything in this world is geared to take our minds off the LORD. The world, the flesh, and the devil are all seeking to thwart our inner man from taking pleasure in the LORD.

But thanks be to ? that He has equipped us for the fight! The word of ? must be our weapon if we are to keep focus in this world. Our inner man thirsts for its nourishment, but we have to starve our flesh in order to feast on the word. That's how we maintain focus. We deny ourselves (the flesh) and feed our spirit with the bread of life.

It's more easier said than done, but that is exactly when the word is activated. We must cling to the promises of ? and speak them OUT LOUD! Promises such as these:

"If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask ? , who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you." James 1:5

"3Trust in the Lord and do good;
    dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
    4Take delight in the Lord,
    and he will give you the desires of your heart.
    5Commit your way to the Lord;
    trust in him and he will do this:
    6He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn,
    your vindication like the noonday sun."
    Psalm 37:3-6

"I am the LORD your ? , who brought you up out of Egypt. Open wide your mouth and I will fill it." Psalm 81:10

? will fill you with the Spirit when we make Him our priority. We must be like the Psalmist when he declared, "As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my ? ." Psalm 42:1

That's how we maintain focus. Are u thirsty for Him? Yes, you are that's why your seeking counsel and intercession. Praise ? . Ask the LORD to give u strength to do a fast. A fast will reenergize you and sharpen your focus! And I will intercede on your behalf asking the LORD to strengthen your inner man so that your flesh will continue to be crucified. This is a marathon my brother. So continue to strive for the prize! Continue to walk with endurance! Continue to follow the narrow path that leads to life! Your a mighty man of ? ! Walk as a child of the King! You have royal blood flowing through your veins! And everything in the age to come belongs to you! Hallelujah. I love you my friend! Be strong in the LORD and in the power of His might! Amen!
    amen.
    beautiful. spiritual healing just by reading that. thank you! much needed to get the ball rolling in the right direction again. beyond thirst tho. HUNGRY.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    Invitation to the Needy

1Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.

2Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.

3Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.

4Behold, I have given him for a witness to the people, a leader and commander to the people.

5Behold, thou shalt call a nation that thou knowest not, and nations that knew not thee shall run unto thee because of the LORD thy ? , and for the Holy One of Israel; for he hath glorified thee.

6Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

7Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our ? , for he will abundantly pardon.

8For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

9For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

10For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:

11So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

12For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.

13Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir tree, and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree: and it shall be to the LORD for a name, for an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off.
    - Isaiah 55:1-13