Kevin Durant's Career

Options
Heavy In The Game
Heavy In The Game Members Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2013 in From the Cheap Seats
As of right now where do yall rank Kevin Durant all-time at his position (SF) and as a player overall?

Do yall think he's reached the peak of his potential?

And last how many rings do yall think he'll win and how do yall see his career panning out?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeVgqmJ4kfA

Comments

• rooster_cogburn
    rooster_cogburn Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hes only 25, so he wont peak for another 1/2 years. I watch every single OKC game thanks to the LP, & its amazing how good this guy is. His efficiency is crazy. Just seen him score 31 on 10/13 shooting. His rebounding, and defensive leap happened last year, & this year his court vision and passing are top notch. I think the dude will prolly end up with 2/3 rings, esp if the East continues the trend we've seen the pass couple yrs.
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Top 6 at his position all time
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's up there with Nique.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He hasn't been in the league long enough to rank him anywhere in the all-time list.

You generally don't reach your prime until your high 20's, low 30's. That's when you have the IQ and the athleticism.

As far as rings go, it's a team sport so who knows. Barring any injuries, I think they'll win this year. Thunder vs. Pacers in the finals and the Thunder win comfortably.
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like KD...the problem is he gets mad credit for being the same exact player as Carmelo Anthony. I wouldn't have any problem with this if Melo received credit as well.

Durant is a good rebounder...he is not a good defender. He is slow footed going side to side...that paralyzes him defensively (he makes up for it by being long). His passing isn't top notch. He has improved. He is a class below bron Kobe Jordan bird as far as perimeter guys go...he could make that class...if I needed to pick the three best guys by position, I'm going to sneak durant in as my 3rd 2guard.

He has had a very hood career.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i can't stand labeling these guys by their position. especially in this era where so many guys play multiple positions. i wouldn't limit him or someone like lebron or dirk by just throwing them into 1 position.

but aside from that, he's a top 5 player for this generation of players, and that will probably be true when he retires. rings won't effect how i perceive him
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Future all-time scoring leader. He scores so easy and his age will put him up there on the list imo. It won't be on some record chasin ? either. Book it.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's still growing as a player, his passing and rebounding are still getting better. Hard to say till he hits his prime these next few years
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Hes great enough to get them one Dirk Notwinski title at least. Better do it now cuz I dont know for how long just him n Westbrook can carry OKC. Everyone around them seems to be gettin more help n better, what is OKC doing to build around Westbrook n Durant cuz in the end of the day even Jordan needed help.
  • SuperSoaker
    SuperSoaker Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think he's this generations barkley someone has to be legendary without a ring.

This is lebrons league Untill he retires.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like KD...the problem is he gets mad credit for being the same exact player as Carmelo Anthony. I wouldn't have any problem with this if Melo received credit as well.

Durant is a good rebounder...he is not a good defender. He is slow footed going side to side...that paralyzes him defensively (he makes up for it by being long). His passing isn't top notch. He has improved. He is a class below bron Kobe Jordan bird as far as perimeter guys go...he could make that class...if I needed to pick the three best guys by position, I'm going to sneak durant in as my 3rd 2guard.

He has had a very hood career.

^^^ facts. KD is great. the Melo comparison is spot on. look at OKC once Westbrook got hurt last year.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OJ Mayo >>>>>>
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Melo
  • nycdiesel
    nycdiesel Members Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They are saying kd and melo have similar game, both are great scorers almoat impossible to shut out defensively. Both great shooters diff isKD got his homie westbrook keeping the D from doubling kd all the time
  • DaBull
    Options
    nycdiesel wrote: »
    They are saying kd and melo have similar game, both are great scorers almoat impossible to shut out defensively. Both great shooters diff isKD got his homie westbrook keeping the D from doubling kd all the time

I forgot this the the cheap seats where every single detail needs to be spelled out in big letters. Melo 2nd best player is JR SMITH. go back and check Melo and KD stats in round 2 of playoffs when they both lacked an all star team-mate. rest my case.
  • nycdiesel
    nycdiesel Members Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    nycdiesel wrote: »

I forgot this the the cheap seats where every single detail needs to be spelled out in big letters. Melo 2nd best player is JR SMITH. go back and check Melo and KD stats in round 2 of playoffs when they both lacked an all star team-mate. rest my case.

I know JR smith, really stat was supposed to be that guy. I think that melo and kd are similar players, your point is..?
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Melo never been to the finals.
    KD defensively>>>>
    KD isn't even near his prime yet
    Replace melo for kd on the Knicks and the Knicks are contenders
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • DaBull
    Options
    lol my point is I'm agreeing with you @nycdiesel
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KD is on his way
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think he's this generations barkley someone has to be legendary without a ring.

This is lebrons league Untill he retires.
    See: Carmelo Anthony
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Probably my fav player in the league. He has potential to one of the greatest scorers of all time and he is not even in his prime yet. He tall as hell when i met him too