Kevin Durant's Career

Comments

• OhPee
    OhPee Members Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peak?

You're in your prime from 27-32. He hasn't reached his full potential just yet.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OhPee wrote: »
    Peak?

You're in your prime from 27-32. He hasn't reached his full potential just yet.

Ill disagree prime isnt set in years some people hit their prime early in a perfect situation it when your body and mind meet sure it maybe that age range but ? isnt a recipe out of the cook book..

• CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Word different people have different primes.

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    O.G. wrote: »
    Future all-time scoring leader. He scores so easy and his age will put him up there on the list imo. It won't be on some record chasin ? either. Book it.

Durant doesn't have the physique to be no future all time scoring leader. That takes longevity and being able to sustain physical punishment.

Word. Nikka way too skinny to be a great scorer. Nikka just like 240 lbs but he 6'10"

Kareem was 7-2 and was 230 in his early years, retired @ 260 lbs.

That's not the point. That record is about longevity and durability. There is a reason why Malone and Kareem are 1 and 2 scoring, they both managed to stay healthy for a long time and their games wasn't perimeter based or athleticism based.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    9TRAY_93EB wrote: »
    ^^

Karl Malone didn't eat off jumpers?

Karl Malone wasn't athletic?

Nah, just layups and dunks, B. An' he did'em all flat-footed. No dribbles.

Durant is the only nikka in the history of the NBA to shoot jumpers. All facts.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You gotta factor in the fact that this is the era of the three pointer.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I takes is back spasms and knee collector word to mcgrady
  • greenwood1921
    aneed123 wrote: »
    All I takes is back spasms and knee collector word to mcgrady

So I guess lebron 'bout to fall off now then.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the stuff in this thread is just pure silly.

? , Durant being able to shoot as well as he does at his height bodes well for him even when he gets older and loses his athletic ability. If he keeps gaining muscle mass the guy will be able to play power forward (he has to gain a lot more muscle to do this though) and be a Dirk type of player.
  • greenwood1921

? , Durant being able to shoot as well as he does at his height bodes well for him even when he gets older and loses his athletic ability. If he keeps gaining muscle mass the guy will be able to play power forward (he has to gain a lot more muscle to do this though) and be a Dirk type of player.

We have a rotation where he plays the 4 every game with Ibaka playing the 5.

That's why Perkins averages 18 minutes a game and Steven Adams averages 16 minutes a game. (Do the math. Doesn't add up to 48.)

Durant plays a good 10-15 minutes a game at the 4.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most people don't know ? about basketball
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    word, Durant might not win a championship because he is skinny
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    MR.CJ wrote: »

Says the guy who has 6 favourite teams lol
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to be a Lebron hater but as long as that dude is in the league KD, and everybody else is gonna have to take it from him. I can say Lebron is the best player in the game hands down, KD is great but at this point his greatness is gonna have to take a backseat to Lebron's greatness.
  • greenwood1921
    _DUB_ wrote: »
    First chasinbundles said ? suck cuz they dont do sexy layups

now usmarie says skinny ? cant be a winner cuz they cant take punishment

yall ? need to stay in the kitchen wit yo mamas

Well damn.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mane its some outrageous ? in dis thread got damn lls
  • tha bause
    tha bause Members Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

For real. I mean George gervin was a stick and he didn't do ? but average 25 over his career and make the hall of fame
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tha bause wrote: »
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

For real. I mean George gervin was a stick and he didn't do ? but average 25 over his career and make the hall of fame

Would of been 35 if they had protein shakes and creatine back then.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MR.CJ wrote: »

Says the guy who has 6 favourite teams lol

I don't have any teams, they are in the bushes. this a new year.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014

That's why Perkins averages 18 minutes a game and Steven Adams averages 16 minutes a game. (Do the math. Doesn't add up to 48.)

I'm a Spurs fan so I know Durant plays the 4 a little with certain rotations. One of the great things about Kawhi is he is able to play small ball 4 and can guard some power forwards, well the jump-shooting ones anyway.

What I was trying to convey with my statement is if Durant actually keeps getting stronger and gaining muscle mass he could be a full fledge 4 and not a situational one. Of course he has to gain a decent amount of muscle mass and strength to do that but it isn't something that is unfeasible. I doubt he does that though

Durant is a very unique player who is still getting better every season. I'm looking forward to seeing how his game keeps evolving over his career.
  • greenwood1921
    edited January 2014

I'm a Spurs fan so I know Durant plays the 4 a little with certain rotations. One of the great things about Kawhi is he is able to play small ball 4 and can guard some power forwards, well the jump-shooting ones anyway.

What I was trying to convey with my statement is if Durant actually keeps getting stronger and gaining muscle mass he could be a full fledge 4 and not a situational one. Of course he has to gain a decent amount of muscle mass and strength to do that but it isn't something that is unfeasible. I doubt he does that though

Durant is a very unique player who is still getting better every season. I'm looking forward to seeing how his game keeps evolving over his career.

I wouldn't want that at all.

He's still extremely effective playing hybrid 2 and he can even play the point (and does). Playing the 4 would severely limit his effectiveness.

Maybe he'll do it more in his 30s to prolong his career, but right now he has to use his versatility as a strength.

Focusing on one thing wouldn't help nobody but his opponents. (especially when that one thing ain't his "best" thing.)
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Parallel wrote: »
    Durant through 7 seasons is better than Melo in literally every category...

http://bkref.com/tiny/YnkOe

situations
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    edited January 2014
    9TRAY_93EB wrote: »
    ^^

Karl Malone didn't eat off jumpers?

Karl Malone wasn't athletic?

well there was this one guy named john stockton......

lets just say he coulda made shawn bradley avg 20 pts a game (couldnt stop him from getting dunked on tho lol)

nah no diss to malone, dude was a beast, but beast + john stockton = 28 a night easy