Utah Jazz player engaged after five-month romance to teen who just graduated high school (With Pics)

Options
Young_Chitlin
Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2013 in From the Cheap Seats
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

Gordon Hayward, a player for the Utah Jazz, had all his Christmas wishes come true when his girlfriend accepted his proposal of marriage on Christmas day. Hayward, 23, posted a picture of himself and his new fiancee Robyn Van Vliet on Instagram with the caption: "Merry Christmas to everyone out there! Hope it’s a good one! Mine was especially good bc [sic] SHE SAID YES!!!! So thrilled I get to marry my best friend and such an amazing person @robynvanvliet! I love you!!!" For her part, the teen wrote that she was happy to be 'finally engaged to the love of my life.'

'Soo happy I get to marry this babe,' she wrote on her own Instagram account accompanied by the same photograph of the couple. According to Van Vliet’s Facebook page, she graduated in 2013 from Bishop Chatard High School in Indiana and is currently in her first year of beauty school. She listed herself as 'in a relationship' on September 8 on her Facebook account.

He grew up in Indiana and up until last summer was dating Kolbi Killingback, with whom he was in a relationship for five years. The pair began dating in high school, though Killingback was two years younger than him. Van Vliet graduated high school in the spring. She first mentioned Hayward on her Instagram account in late July, which appears to be around the time they met.

Last month Hayward posted about how much he was looking forward to spending Thanksgiving with Van Vliet. 'Love that I get the chance to see this beautiful girl for Thanksgiving,' he wrote. She responded, 'Welll [sic] I love you soooo I'm happy I get to be with you too Gordon.' Hayward is in his fourth NBA season with the Utah Jazz.

article-2529752-1A4A187800000578-492_634x629.jpg

gordon-hayward-girlfriend-robyn-van-vliet.jpg

article-2529752-1A4A187000000578-753_634x717.jpg

article-2529752-1A4A186C00000578-10_634x715.jpg

Comments

This discussion has been closed.