• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    So you should rename this thread

"I don't like Beyonce and and IDK why anybody else does"

? has out performed her contemporary comp and ppl love a winner

or rename it "I'm mad because I can't ? fine ass beyonce so Imma hate"

so its automatically "hate" when u don't like an artist?
  • Jewpac
    Jewpac Members Posts: 267 ✭✭
    Options
    Why do people idolize other people in general?

Seems like everyone has an idol of sorts
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    idolizing is not the same as admiration or modeling success...
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kai wrote: »
    Better question: Why do women idolize Marilyn Monroe so much? It might just be white girls though..

white girls seem to love her

daily_picdump_1019_640_89.jpg

truest thing i've seen on the subject

scientists and writers have always been my idols, i'm a nerd like that tho

I stay seeing black chicks wearing her shirts and posting pics of her on social outlets.I really dont idolize anyone but if i did it would be Nat Turner.
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    I don't necessarily idolize her (I idolize Chaka Khan); it took me a while to catch onto the hype.

HOWEVER...

She's undeniably the best entertainer in the industry at the moment and I'd be a cotdamn hater if I didn't acknowledge that. #yaaaas

why do ppl force themselves to like these popular folks?
    its ok to not like who everyone else seems to like...

Bruh... you aint know? Go against the grain and you are dubbed a hater...

• Jewpac
    Options
    idolizing is not the same as admiration or modeling success...

Differentiate them for a young jew
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I made a thread about in in R & B alternative. She's like the Diana Ross of this generation. A multi talented entertainer. She got the Midas touch, anything she touches turns into gold. Whether it's music, acting, fragrances etc. She's a beautiful woman with a string of hits, married to the best rapper alive, friends with the First Lady, always carries herself as a professional etc. Which black woman wouldn't wanna be like her or trade lives with her?

Only thing I don't like about her is her never being natural. Is she ashamed of being black? You tell me. I'm not gonna go into skin bleaching and cosmetic surgeries to make her look more eurocentric though. I'm just gonna say she's still fine, but I'd like her even more if she kept it na(p)tural. Diana Ross of this generation indeed (for those that know the ledge:))...
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's there to not like? She's a successful black woman. I can see being indifferent or not caring, but dislike? Just be glad she got with a black man. Ya'll sensitive ass ? would REALLY be mad if Colin Farrell was blowing her back out.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    So you should rename this thread

"I don't like Beyonce and and IDK why anybody else does"

? has out performed her contemporary comp and ppl love a winner

or rename it "I'm mad because I can't ? fine ass beyonce so Imma hate"

so its automatically "hate" when u don't like an artist?

it's hate because of the passive aggressive way the thread was named

Even if you don't like a celeb, them being looked up to by somebody just comes w/ the job

I don't like plenty of rappers, but understanding fame and entertainment it's only natural someone will look up to them

if someone doesn't view them as special then they won't be a celeb at all

and what's wrong w/ beyonce or her music? She makes great music so I think it's ppl not wanting to like something because other ppl like it
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    ? empathize with her affinity for camels.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options
    or maybe ppl don't think her or her music is great...
  • loch121
    edited December 2013
    Options
    or maybe ppl don't think her or her music is great...
    Those ppl are in the minority.

if somebody says "Michael jackson really wasn't that good" I feel the massive public opinion overrides their specific gripe with that artist

Anybody who effects the masses for that long got some talent

Now if it was a one hit wonder I can see, but straight trash rarely has longevity

• DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Better question: Why do women idolize Marilyn Monroe so much? It might just be white girls though..

u mean ? ...
    basically..just wasn't sure if girls of other races idolized her as much as white girls seem to
  • major pain
    Options
    lol you cats really have problems with women huh

Spinoff: Why do women idolize Oprah so much?
  • Jewpac
    Options
    Jewpac wrote: »

because some people are genuinely inspiring and make great role models

But everyone does it.

I own a cat. Really he owns me. Lives in my house, doesn't pay rent, sleeps all day. Mother ? has me under his wing.

In any event he does not appear to idolize anyone. Why do I look up to Noam Chomsky while my cat looks up to no one?
  • loch121
    Options

But everyone does it.

I own a cat. Really he owns me. Lives in my house, doesn't pay rent, sleeps all day. Mother ? has me under his wing.

In any event he does not appear to idolize anyone. Why do I look up to Noam Chomsky while my cat looks up to no one?

lol cuz cats are ? (i have a couple myself but it's true, i still love them tho), get yourself a a dog if you want an animal that will literally worship you

Don't feed that ? for a month. I bet he excited to see you then when you bring that bowl
  • Jewpac
    Options

But everyone does it.

lol cuz cats are ? (i have a couple myself but it's true, i still love them tho), get yourself a a dog if you want an animal that will literally worship you

I don't want him to worship me because he has a pack instinct. I want to know why he doesn't worship anyone while my species worships Kats, Invisible men in the sky, men who come back from the dead, and all sorts of other things.

Worship is not an animal thing, it seems to be an hierarchy thing. Cats do not subscribe to the same hierarchy so they don't seem to worship anyone.

But why are ? sapiens so prone to idolization?

is it our nature? I can prove psych studies that show it is prevalent in many sample communities. So why do we worship but cats do not give a ? ?

• damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Muhannad X wrote: »
    I made a thread about in in R & B alternative. She's like the Diana Ross of this generation. A multi talented entertainer. She got the Midas touch, anything she touches turns into gold. Whether it's music, acting, fragrances etc. She's a beautiful woman with a string of hits, married to the best rapper alive, friends with the First Lady, always carries herself as a professional etc. Which black woman wouldn't wanna be like her or trade lives with her?

Only thing I don't like about her is her never being natural. Is she ashamed of being black? You tell me. I'm not gonna go into skin bleaching and cosmetic surgeries to make her look more eurocentric though. I'm just gonna say she's still fine, but I'd like her even more if she kept it na(p)tural. Diana Ross of this generation indeed (for those that know the ledge:))...

everything she touches dont turn into gold... but i will say her brand and the people behind her pushing money into her brand kno its a high chance of profit...
  • SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options

everything she touches dont turn into gold... but i will say her brand and the people behind her pushing money into her brand kno its a high chance of profit...

Thank you.

Not to dismiss her but it's easy to have a brand that turns ? into gold & be a great entertainer when you have alot of vested interests & dollars through your name. I mean of course Beyonce is gonna throw a liver show at her tours & that's because the production money thrown to her is deep, vs the person who doesnt have that. So it is a cop out when people say ? like that.

Like you said she has a certain look that the business know they can profit from, partly cuz how she looks. Doesnt mean she aint talented, but just means she has it easier as far as marketing dollars, investments, branding, endorsments & etc, which furthers her career & makes her more relevant. Aint no different than any entertainer. The more vested interests you have & more in-business you are with corporations in the music biz, the more "relevant" (as ya call it) you gonna be. Its NOT about the music, only about 10-20%, with anyone.

It's conditioning at the end of the day. If you strip Beyonce or most artists we like/dislike away from popularity & the "giantness" of it all, TRUST ME their star wont bright in the eyes the public as much.

But she definitely is talented & seem to be a hard worker, no doubt. Aint like she a Britney or whatever as far as talent. Cuz Britneys star daaaamn sure shined back in 1998-2002 huh? Only when they stripped her fame away she looked like a ? auntee on stage & singing. So people finally opened their eyes. Popularity & fame is a motha..

That's the game. I call it conditioning & brainwashing.
  • loch121
    edited December 2013
    Options
    SnuffDaddy wrote: »

Thank you.

Not to dismiss her but it's easy to have a brand that turns ? into gold & be a great entertainer when you have alot of vested interests & dollars through your name. I mean of course Beyonce is gonna throw a liver show at her tours & that's because the production money thrown to her is deep, vs the person who doesnt have that. So it is a cop out when people say ? like that.

Like you said she has a certain look that the business know they can profit from, partly cuz how she looks. Doesnt mean she aint talented, but just means she has it easier as far as marketing dollars, investments, branding, endorsments & etc, which furthers her career & makes her more relevant. Aint no different than any entertainer. The more vested interests you have & more in-business you are with corporations in the music biz, the more "relevant" (as ya call it) you gonna be. Its NOT about the music, only about 10-20%, with anyone.

It's conditioning at the end of the day. If you strip Beyonce or most artists we like/dislike away from popularity & the "giantness" of it all, TRUST ME their star wont bright in the eyes the public as much.

But she definitely is talented & seem to be a hard worker, no doubt. Aint like she a Britney or whatever as far as talent. Cuz Britneys star daaaamn sure shined back in 1998-2002 huh? Only when they stripped her fame away she looked like a ? auntee on stage & singing. So people finally opened their eyes. Popularity & fame is a motha..

That's the game. I call it conditioning & brainwashing.

britney can dance pretty good so that's her talent. singing ain't really her thing. She's a product of pro tools she can't sing, but she is/was attracive and she can dance for a white girl
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

explain. and she is Creole
  • major pain
    Options

But everyone does it.

I don't want him to worship me because he has a pack instinct. I want to know why he doesn't worship anyone while my species worships Kats, Invisible men in the sky, men who come back from the dead, and all sorts of other things.

Worship is not an animal thing, it seems to be an hierarchy thing. Cats do not subscribe to the same hierarchy so they don't seem to worship anyone.

But why are ? sapiens so prone to idolization?

is it our nature? I can prove psych studies that show it is prevalent in many sample communities. So why do we worship but cats do not give a ? ?

wtf?

Cats, to date, dont have opposable thumbs. Do you wonder why they dont write their language? Are they somehow ahead of the curve in this regard? Do you smoke around your cat often? Is that ? telling you the secrets of life or some ? ?
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    lol you cats really have problems with women huh

Spinoff: Why do women idolize Oprah so much?

wouldn't really compare the two..