• loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    kai wrote: »
    loch121 wrote: »
    SnuffDaddy wrote: »
    Muhannad X wrote: »
    I made a thread about in in R & B alternative. She's like the Diana Ross of this generation. A multi talented entertainer. She got the Midas touch, anything she touches turns into gold. Whether it's music, acting, fragrances etc. She's a beautiful woman with a string of hits, married to the best rapper alive, friends with the First Lady, always carries herself as a professional etc. Which black woman wouldn't wanna be like her or trade lives with her?

Only thing I don't like about her is her never being natural. Is she ashamed of being black? You tell me. I'm not gonna go into skin bleaching and cosmetic surgeries to make her look more eurocentric though. I'm just gonna say she's still fine, but I'd like her even more if she kept it na(p)tural. Diana Ross of this generation indeed (for those that know the ledge:))...

everything she touches dont turn into gold... but i will say her brand and the people behind her pushing money into her brand kno its a high chance of profit...

Thank you.

Not to dismiss her but it's easy to have a brand that turns ? into gold & be a great entertainer when you have alot of vested interests & dollars through your name. I mean of course Beyonce is gonna throw a liver show at her tours & that's because the production money thrown to her is deep, vs the person who doesnt have that. So it is a cop out when people say ? like that.

Like you said she has a certain look that the business know they can profit from, partly cuz how she looks. Doesnt mean she aint talented, but just means she has it easier as far as marketing dollars, investments, branding, endorsments & etc, which furthers her career & makes her more relevant. Aint no different than any entertainer. The more vested interests you have & more in-business you are with corporations in the music biz, the more "relevant" (as ya call it) you gonna be. Its NOT about the music, only about 10-20%, with anyone.

It's conditioning at the end of the day. If you strip Beyonce or most artists we like/dislike away from popularity & the "giantness" of it all, TRUST ME their star wont bright in the eyes the public as much.

But she definitely is talented & seem to be a hard worker, no doubt. Aint like she a Britney or whatever as far as talent. Cuz Britneys star daaaamn sure shined back in 1998-2002 huh? Only when they stripped her fame away she looked like a ? auntee on stage & singing. So people finally opened their eyes. Popularity & fame is a motha..

That's the game. I call it conditioning & brainwashing.

britney can dance pretty good so that's her talent. singing ain't really her thing. She's a product of pro tools she can't sing, but she is/was attracive and she can dance for a white girl

? britney is amazing, it's just something about her, she really is all about putting on a show. her music is super catchy and great to dance to. her videos are iconic and very unique, she puts a lot into her concerts (albeit she is lip syncing in them). she is just really good at what she does, make great pop music.

she's actually one of my fav artists

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt8VYOfr8To

i LOVE her new song

there's no denying she has something ppl like, but she can't sing.I also realize that actual singing isn't really important for a pure pop artist.

I don't think she's dope, but I can't deny other ppl do

I think she used to be real sexy ass white girl, but now she's kinda not hot to me

So you like Britney but don't like Beyonce.

B sings and dances better and looks better
  • THOT PILGRIM
    THOT PILGRIM Members Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    I don't necessarily idolize her (I idolize Chaka Khan); it took me a while to catch onto the hype.

HOWEVER...

She's undeniably the best entertainer in the industry at the moment and I'd be a cotdamn hater if I didn't acknowledge that. #yaaaas

why do ppl force themselves to like these popular folks?
    its ok to not like who everyone else seems to like...

I didn't have to force myself to like Bey. For a while I only kinda liked her music because I felt (and still feel) like her talent surpasses her music.

I had the opportunity to see her live show and that's when I realized that she's the best.

• haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    same reason y'all think kanye is a real ? speaking real ? ?
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't necessarily idolize her (I idolize Chaka Khan); it took me a while to catch onto the hype.

HOWEVER...

She's undeniably the best entertainer in the industry at the moment and I'd be a cotdamn hater if I didn't acknowledge that. #yaaaas

why do ppl force themselves to like these popular folks?
    its ok to not like who everyone else seems to like...

I didn't have to force myself to like Bey. For a while I only kinda liked her music because I felt (and still feel) like her talent surpasses her music.

I had the opportunity to see her live show and that's when I realized that she's the best.

were you more focused on her or the things around her?
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    haute wrote: »

lol so you really think a "diva" is the female version of a hustler?

by definition the female version of a hustler is a hoe...
  • haute
    edited December 2013
    Options
    ? is reading fundamental

aint nobody say anything remotely close to that

i think a diva is a diva

and kanye is queen of them all

but I'm sleep tho

stay woke
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    or maybe ppl don't think her or her music is great...
    Those ppl are in the minority.

if somebody says "Michael jackson really wasn't that good" I feel the massive public opinion overrides their specific gripe with that artist

Anybody who effects the masses for that long got some talent

Now if it was a one hit wonder I can see, but straight trash rarely has longevity

i get it... because popularity is the end all be all...
    no wonder Vanilla Ice and Hammer are ? Emcees... no wonder Al Gore served two terms... popularity, word up...
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beyonce kilt that Super Bowl, I ain't change the channel or nothin
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She's pretty.

Everybody wants to ? her.

She's thin and sexy (with or without makeup).

She has a rich husband.

And people actually like her for more than just her looks.

She's basically everything women want to be and more.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    haute wrote: »
    so what you're saying is.......You ain't got the answers?!
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I made a thread about in in R & B alternative. She's like the Diana Ross of this generation. A multi talented entertainer. She got the Midas touch, anything she touches turns into gold. Whether it's music, acting, fragrances etc. She's a beautiful woman with a string of hits, married to the best rapper alive, friends with the First Lady, always carries herself as a professional etc. Which black woman wouldn't wanna be like her or trade lives with her?

Only thing I don't like about her is her never being natural. Is she ashamed of being black? You tell me. I'm not gonna go into skin bleaching and cosmetic surgeries to make her look more eurocentric though. I'm just gonna say she's still fine, but I'd like her even more if she kept it na(p)tural. Diana Ross of this generation indeed (for those that know the ledge:))...

everything she touches dont turn into gold... but i will say her brand and the people behind her pushing money into her brand kno its a high chance of profit...

Thank you.

Not to dismiss her but it's easy to have a brand that turns ? into gold & be a great entertainer when you have alot of vested interests & dollars through your name. I mean of course Beyonce is gonna throw a liver show at her tours & that's because the production money thrown to her is deep, vs the person who doesnt have that. So it is a cop out when people say ? like that.

Like you said she has a certain look that the business know they can profit from, partly cuz how she looks. Doesnt mean she aint talented, but just means she has it easier as far as marketing dollars, investments, branding, endorsments & etc, which furthers her career & makes her more relevant. Aint no different than any entertainer. The more vested interests you have & more in-business you are with corporations in the music biz, the more "relevant" (as ya call it) you gonna be. Its NOT about the music, only about 10-20%, with anyone.

It's conditioning at the end of the day. If you strip Beyonce or most artists we like/dislike away from popularity & the "giantness" of it all, TRUST ME their star wont bright in the eyes the public as much.

But she definitely is talented & seem to be a hard worker, no doubt. Aint like she a Britney or whatever as far as talent. Cuz Britneys star daaaamn sure shined back in 1998-2002 huh? Only when they stripped her fame away she looked like a ? auntee on stage & singing. So people finally opened their eyes. Popularity & fame is a motha..

I was about to GOAT this post and still will but I'm not feeling the way you brought up Britney. I gotta choose my words wisely since I don't wanna look like I'm stanning for Bey (lol) but while they share some similarities talentwise Britney was never seeing Bey. Britney had a string of hits, but could never really sing like that. She was a manufactured (child)star versus Beyonce who's been a multitalented entertainer, doing this since the late 90's. We gotta take into account the shelflife of a childstar, whether acting or making music, is relatively short. When I was a kid you a white chick named Tiffany. She fell off like most of them childstars.

Bey's been groomed since she was a kid. She wasn't your average childstar though. She had more substance, talent and don't forget she blew when she and DC was around 17/18. She wasn't solely catering to that teenage/ pre-teen crowd. Let's give Bey her due, man.
  • peterpiffin
    peterpiffin Members Posts: 285 ✭✭
    Options
    bc she is what they "think" a woman is supposed to be. for a high school dropout who can barely write a proper letter too her fans i must say shes doing well for herself.
  • peterpiffin
    peterpiffin Members Posts: 285 ✭✭
    Options
    Better question: Why do women idolize Marilyn Monroe so much? It might just be white girls though..

mostly women who are comfortable with being sidepieces idolize her.

• SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you.

I was about to GOAT this post and still will but I'm not feeling the way you brought up Britney. I gotta choose my words wisely since I don't wanna look like I'm stanning for Bey (lol) but while they share some similarities talentwise Britney was never seeing Bey. Britney had a string of hits, but could never really sing like that. She was a manufactured (child)star versus Beyonce who's been a multitalented entertainer, doing this since the late 90's. We gotta take into account the shelflife of a childstar, whether acting or making music, is relatively short. When I was a kid you a white chick named Tiffany. She fell off like most of them childstars.

Bey's been groomed since she was a kid. She wasn't your average childstar though. She had more substance, talent and don't forget she blew when she and DC was around 17/18. She wasn't solely catering to that teenage/ pre-teen crowd. Let's give Bey her due, man.

Indeed, was just one of many examples. The point wasnt so much about the artist per se.
  • haute
    Options
    all I know is that I'm glad she's singing about ? her man in strange places and eating popeyes biscuits

its way more relatable to me
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    bc she is what they "think" a woman is supposed to be. for a high school dropout who can barely write a proper letter too her fans i must say shes doing well for herself.

thats the power if the media.. they give her fans the illusion that she is everything they want 2 be....

• loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    or maybe ppl don't think her or her music is great...
    Those ppl are in the minority.

if somebody says "Michael jackson really wasn't that good" I feel the massive public opinion overrides their specific gripe with that artist

Anybody who effects the masses for that long got some talent

Now if it was a one hit wonder I can see, but straight trash rarely has longevity

i get it... because popularity is the end all be all...
    no wonder Vanilla Ice and Hammer are ? Emcees... no wonder Al Gore served two terms... popularity, word up...

All those ppl were type wack when it came down to it for different reasons

I mean vanilla Ice is vanilla Ice.It was a wack gimmick and he made a good song,

I mean Hammer was never a good rapper,all gimmick. He could dance and I respect Hammer and liked him for like 2 albums, but he lacked rapping skill and his competition was just better,

Al Gore's name rhymes w/ snore

Popularity in show business is what it's about. Even if you just want to appeal to a niche market you still want popularity in that market

It takes a certain factor to become part of everyday culture for the rest of history

There may be a lot of politics to who's chosen by the major machines to be pushed, but at the end of the day you can't make ppl like something no matter how much money or promo you pour into it.

So I must give credit to ppl who can stay in the game making hits for an extended amount of time