Damn The Official Tupac couldn't make a hit without a feature thread.

Comments

• hnic1978
    hnic1978 Members Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrJR wrote: »
    I could've sworn someone was singing on dear mama and I ain't mad at ya but whatever you ? hear what you wanna hear. And I Get Around had a feature and tbh the feature was the better verse. And ? if yall wanna make this about hooks thats on yall all I'm saying is he never had a hit without a feature.

Dear Mama, Ambitions Of A Rider, Against All Odds, So Many Tears, Brendas Got A Baby, If My Homiez Call, Temptations......please lock this ? up...please
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it matter if he didn't sing it as long as he wrote it. smh
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smh....it's Monday and too early for this fuckery.

I-Cant-Reach.gif
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GunTown wrote: »
    Well almost 99% of 2pac songs feature a singer doing the hook @ Da Riddler maybe not 99% but almost most his songs. The hooks u named that he did do there were simple rapped hooks

was he supposed to be singing on the hooks instead?!!!

Lmaooo, yall lost yall mind with this drake ? , and i like the kid drake and a big fan of Max B, still Pac had them hooks in his own way, just like the artists i mentioned...foh

• hnic1978
    They talkin bout it like it made a difference in him being one of the best rappers of all time....."Oh the only reason why Pac is the GOAT is because he had other people singing his hooks lol FOH.
  • hnic1978
    Like ? gonna be like PAC AINT THE GREATEST RAPPER OF ALL TIME CUZ SOMEBODY ELSE SANG HIS HOOKS!!!
  • hnic1978
    MAN I CANT LISTEN TO PAC UNLESS HE GOT SOMEBODY SINGING THE HOOKS!!!
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    edited December 2013
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Does it matter if he didn't sing it as long as he wrote it. smh

Evidence that he wrote all the hooks that had a singer feuting and doing them? Even then writting a hook is easier than singing it 2pac couldn't sing

A hook stays stuck in the listeners head because of huw it is sung not because of how it is written or the lyrics in the hook

• GunTown
    edited December 2013
    Well almost 99% of 2pac songs feature a singer doing the hook @ Da Riddler maybe not 99% but almost most his songs. The hooks u named that he did do there were simple rapped hooks

Lmaooo, yall lost yall mind with this drake ? , and i like the kid drake and a big fan of Max B, still Pac had them hooks in his own way, just like the artists i mentioned...foh

Of course he wasn't suppose to sing hooks because he couldn't sing the altenative would be to just do rapped hooks which he did wen he didn't have a feature on them. I'm a fan of Max B, Eminem, B.o.B, Bone Thugs who sing hooks as well that's a huge aspect of why i love their music

If u listening to 2pac for hooks u listening to the wrong rapper that's why i said Pac made up for it with his verses
  • hnic1978

Of course he wasn't suppose to sing hooks because he couldn't sing the altenative would be to just do rapped hooks which he did wen he didn't have a feature on them. I'm a fan of Max B, Eminem, B.o.B, Bone Thugs who sing hooks as well that's a huge aspect of why i love their music

If u listening to 2pac for hooks u listening to the wrong rapper for that that's why i said Pac made up for it with his verses

Please tell me anybody that listens to a rap song the FIRST thing they think about is....."man i cant wait to listen to the hook of this song"
  • international

If u listening to 2pac for hooks u listening to the wrong rapper that's why i said Pac made up for it with his verses

why you trying to make 'singing' apart of some criteria that we have to abide by? ? outta here with this ? , if thats how you like hooks and believe thats the formula for them, stick to them ? , in the era in which Pac was a apart of ? /rappers didn't sing their hooks, straight hip hop, go and up a track of nwa or wu-tang trying to sing out their hooks, smh
  • GunTown
    edited December 2013
    hnic1978 wrote: »

If u listening to 2pac for hooks u listening to the wrong rapper for that that's why i said Pac made up for it with his verses

Please tell me anybody that listens to a rap song the FIRST thing they think about is....."man i cant wait to listen to the hook of this song"

I'll catch hate for it and have done but me they are something i look forward to hearing. But That don't mean 2pac isn't in my top 10 he makes the top 10 greatest ever because he could rap what he did in rapping he did very well

• international
    http://youtu.be/ogLcCMuKGig

^^^does this count and validify Pac being able to compose and 'sing' hooks?!!!

This ? solidifies Pac's status so much more now...? ...? ...?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's like saying Quincy Jones ain't ? because he directed the musicians, he didn't play all the instruments. The vision to create music > the ability to perform it imo.
  • hnic1978
    http://youtu.be/ogLcCMuKGig

^^^does this count and validify Pac being able to compose and 'sing' hooks?!!!

This ? solidifies Pac's status so much more now...? ...? ...?

I guess they have never heard of a rapper or producer composing the hook but getting somebody else to sing it......
  • TrillRussell
    TrillRussell Members Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭
    So does this make him any less legendary?..It's ironic because the same reason people clown Drake/rappers like him and use it as Leverage to keep them from being compared to Greats is because they sing on their songs and hooks too much..Now it seems as if yall using that same reason to act as if Pac not singing on alot of his own songs/hooks is A bad thing and it hurts his case for Greatest of All Time..
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Welcome to the unREASONable
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    What's the point of this thread?
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    My two favorite Pac songs, So Many Tears & Ambitionz of A Rider featured just him and alot of other tracks where he performed the hook and had features, I wish he would have kept solo, so I disagree...

On the fact that alot of his mega hits had singers on them though, how you gonna knock a man for making good music? He had a vision, words, melody, etc and gave it to someone who could bring it home...

Does the fact that Quincy didnt sing those Michael songs make his contributions any less important?
  • GunTown
    So does this make him any less legendary?..It's ironic because the same reason people clown Drake/rappers like him and use it as Leverage to keep them from being compared to Greats is because they sing on their songs and hooks too much..Now it seems as if yall using that same reason to act as if Pac not singing on alot of his own songs/hooks is A bad thing and it hurts his case for Greatest of All Time..

Only hip hop heads have a problem with rappers who can sing tho. Otherwise Eminem wouldn't be the best seller or Drake wouldn't be platinum in 2013 or B.o.B wouldn't be Gold in 2013. Outside of message boards hip hop fans appreciate artistic rappers who can do both singing and rapping

Artistry is respected u are more talanted if u can sing hooks as well as rap. U can be a good rapper by just rapping but some people appreciate artists
  • TrillRussell
    TrillRussell Members Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭
    I see your point but where it goes against w

Only hip hop heads have a problem with rappers who can sing tho. Otherwise Eminem wouldn't be the best seller or Drake wouldn't be platinum in 2013 or B.o.B wouldn't be Gold in 2013. Outside of message boards hip hop fans appreciate artistic rappers who can do both singing and rapping

Artistry is respected u are more talanted if u can sing hooks as well as rap. U can be a good rapper by just rapping but some people appreciate artists

But 2pac is an Artist tho..He's versatile with his subject matter,You never heard any rumors about ? helping him write his raps,And He shifted the culture on some hip hop Michael Jackson ? ...You gone penalize his legacy just because he can't sing or didn't harmonize on hooks often?
  • Ol' Fred
    Ol' Fred Members Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    wat in thee hell is goin' on in here!
    fred_sanford_smh.gif
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welp it's better than buying Completed hooks and doing nothing but putting verses on it like Eminem been doing lately.
  • GunTown
    edited December 2013
    I see your point but where it goes against w

But 2pac is an Artist tho..He's versatile with his subject matter,You never heard any rumors about ? helping him write his raps,And He shifted the culture on some hip hop Michael Jackson ? ...You gone penalize his legacy just because he can't sing or didn't harmonize on hooks often?

Oh he good don't get me wrong but there is obviously more artistic rappers who can sing or produce. 2pac never sung or produced. But he played his strength which was bars he could rap. U can't deny as a rapper strictly on a rapping tip 2pac is a legend yes
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pac have some production credits. I forgot what songs tho