Talk to a girl if she has a girl

Options
2»

Comments

• mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What the ? @desertrain10 be talking about?

Anyway, I just be talking ? . Convo wasn't that dramatic, really.

She said something in the vein of 'Being a single mother is gonna take some getting used to.' and I told said 'Why would you need to get used to that? I ain't dead or no ? like that.'.

In her head, a single mother is any woman who is no longer in a relationship with their kids father. I told her that she ain't no single mother, that MY mom was a single mother: Having to raise a kid or kids on your own with no support from anyone else.

I don't refer to myself as a single father...cuz I ain't one. *shrugs*

• deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »

@Desertrain10 tends to downplay the single mother epidemic by claiming that the stats are distorted because they don't take into account that some of those women may be widows, divorced, unmarried and living with their child's father, or still have their child's father in their life even though they are no longer together.....as is the case with your child's mother.

Basically, she tries to make it seem like those situations are the norm instead of the exception.

She's still good people though.....I just like giving her a hard time whenever I catch her slipping :-)

*waves @desertrain10*

scv1aw.jpg
  • mryounggun
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »

@Desertrain10 tends to downplay the single mother epidemic by claiming that the stats are distorted because they don't take into account that some of those women may be widows, divorced, or still have their child's father in their life even though they are no longer together.....as is the case with your child's mother.

Basically, she tries to make it seem like those situations are the norm instead of the exception.

She's still good people though.....I just like giving her a hard time whenever I catch her slipping :-)

*waves @desertrain10*

scv1aw.jpg

Gotcha. She need to get in here and hash this ? out, cuz I think I might disagree with her. But even before all of that, this is what needs to be established.

At what point point can you consider yourself a 'single mother'? Like if as a mother you have to raise your child 70% on your own, in terms of time, finances, etc, are you a single mother?

Interesting ? here.
  • mryounggun
    Options

@Desertrain10 tends to downplay the single mother epidemic by claiming that the stats are distorted because they don't take into account that some of those women may be widows, divorced, unmarried and living with their child's father, or still have their child's father in their life even though they are no longer together.....as is the case with your child's mother.

*waves @desertrain10*

scv1aw.jpg

Plus the bolded sounds so ? ' strange to me. It's kinda like people just have the expectation that mom is the main caregiver and pops is just in here and there. Drop some shoes off, take the ? to the Knicks game once and a while, teach him how to fight maybe. Etc.

? is hard to explain.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

*waves @desertrain10*

scv1aw.jpg

Plus the bolded sounds so ? ' strange to me. It's kinda like people just have the expectation that mom is the main caregiver and pops is just in here and there. Drop some shoes off, take the ? to the Knicks game once and a while, teach him how to fight maybe. Etc.

? is hard to explain.

Everything always leans in the mother's favor.

Kid grows up without a father, grows up to become successful, the mother gets all the credit for the kid's success.

However, if a kid grew up without a father and grows up to be a ? ass ? ....it's the father's fault for not being in the kid's life and the mother doesn't get any of the blame.

• mryounggun
    Options

*waves @desertrain10*

scv1aw.jpg

? is hard to explain.

Everything always leans in the mother's favor.

Kid grows up without a father, grows up to become successful, the mother gets all the credit for the kid's success.

However, if a kid grew up without a father and grows up to be a ? ass ? ....it's the father's fault for not being in the kid's life and the mother doesn't get any of the blame.

? , if ? let it, it will.

Not with my kid.