SOLOMAN THE WISE : REASON 'S FINEST

LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2013 in For The Grown & Sexy
@solomanthewise

WELCOME TO THE LEMZOLA EXPERIENCE!!!

For my first interview of a REASON POSTER i couldnt find better. In 13 years you got a lot to say, share

Without further ado , lets go

Comments

• LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    @solomonthewise

Where the poster name comes from?
    Is it the same since you have joined?
    do your poster name have an hiphop connection?
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    you wasting your time....that ? not going for this sesame street interview sh#t..

I ll do my best to provide the best for the best section of the IC
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? post like once a month
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NOt ignoring you fam reallife popped up for a sec and had to handle Grandpa Biz lol...
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    @solomanthewise
    What is your life resumé?
    Your poster resumé?
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    edited December 2013
    lemzola wrote: »
    @solomonthewise

Where the poster name comes from? My name came From a Word Play on Solo Man and Solomon from biblical sense I ascribe to a Gnostic Based Belief system and have a plethora of Knowledge on Many Subjects. I also tend to stand alone and therefore am solo due to my convictions so I am a Solo Man going against the tide...

Is it the same since you have joined? In one way or another I have been Soloman but a lot of Kats knoow me in the real world and online as Fazeem Blackall...

do your poster name have an hiphop connection? Yes My family has worked in various capacities in music since the 70's, personally I have worked with indie artists here in Seattle and In Raleigh under the Monikers Faze, Fazeem Blackall or Soloman since the late 90's. These days I am just an observer on the local and national scene and occasional DJ and or Beat engineer in the my free time...

• LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    @solomanthewise
    What is your life resumé?
    Your poster resumé?

• LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Wow thats GIGANTIC. It will take a week but its worths the weight.

@solomanthewise

Lets start with your posting life.

How did you climb to the modd heights ?

What cut your wings Legend?
    When we look at your profile you you should sit down fave to face with Thedamnjay.
    What happened?
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Wow thats GIGANTIC. It will take a week but its worths the weight.

@solomanthewise

Lets start with your posting life.

How did you climb to the modd heights ?

What cut your wings Legend?
    When we look at your profile you you should sit down fave to face with Thedamnjay.
    What happened?
    Lol you are gonna have to edit and fix that wording fam but I will answer best I can based on what I believe you to be asking...

I was a steady and consistent poster I know my facts before posting and do not back down, but at the same time if I did make a mistake I wanted to know and learn from it. I was wrongly banned a bunch of times and had to go up the food chain to get it rectified which got me chopping it up with thatdamnjay. I worked as a Mod on another Hiphop site for years(Still am but the site is dead @ this point) and he asked if I wanted to help out as the reason had just come back from a Hack attack and it was down for a while and a lot of the O.G.'s Mods included had not comeback. I declined initially the Mod spot as I had a busy plate in my home life but a few months later I hit him up and asked if the spot was still needing filling and magic happened.

In all Honesty politics and my refusing to back down stepped on the Mod position. I have observed others that have done worse then I was accused of that are still Mods and some of the new Mods have done worse since. But I can be an ? and stickler for the rules to the game position. I was accused of holding a grudge which I did in regards to having my accounts here and my e-mails and facebook hacked when the last great Hack attack happened.

Nothing but Love for thatdamnjay, but he caved to keeping the majority happy in my opinion when it came to the mod squad there was a vocal minority that wanted my head and were mad I was made a Mod in the 1st place, the rest of the Mods did not care either way and those backing me saw the direction things were going and took the advice they were giving me which was to fall back and keep their heads down.

I banned members of the group of hackers and their groupies who they gave power to when they took over the site. My last accounts name was turned into something like Whitepower by these kats and they deleted most of my reason posting history due to their hurt feelings from my honest opinions and observations about them. Then I will admit one of my brothers in the squad may have crossed the line and I feel my backing him got me blamed for some things I did not do as kats just assumed I must be doing the same things since I had no problem banishing a whole posters existence if they were persistent trolls. Some of the mods were instead of debating just deleting or editing the posts of users and this had been going on for a while. My part in that was I moved posts to appropriate threads or Forums but I was leaving them in their original form unlike others(A few are still Mods) who would change the posts to say something lame or ? and have a cheap laugh about it. I did not want to see the reason become Donkey2.0 and a number of people agreed with me( as can be seen by the drastically lower numbers of active users now). It all came to a head when we got the ability to see ratings and I demanded that anyposter who misflagged something( Could give a ? less about the ratings) remove the flag and only use flags for what they were intended for. I refused to back down once again it caused static and the rest is history I had rubbed too many kats in positions of moderate power the wrong way...
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    @solomanthewise

For us ,the young generation, its important to have a zooming on certain events.

What was the Great Hack Attack?
    Who were these hackers?
    Are we safer now?
    How do you feel when you get hacked?
    Any death threats during that time?
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    @solomanthewise

For us ,the young generation, its important to have a zooming on certain events.

What was the Great Hack Attack?
    Who were these hackers?
    Are we safer now?
    How do you feel when you get hacked?
    Any death threats during that time?

Over the years many a disgruntled posters who lacking the ability to debate or hold a conversation have resorted to Hack attacks we even were hit by those 4chan kats a few years back when they were making waves attacking HipHop sites utilizing racist propaganda in their proclamations. The last great Hack attack was perpetuated by regular posters here before we switched to the vanilla forums I want to say it was 2010.

I am not going to name them because that gives them the claim to fame once again they desperately desire and they are still here and no who they are whichever knew alias they are rocking this week. They were a small group but they gave power to a bunch of posters that cosigned them and they had taken over all the admin accounts.

It feels like we are a bit safer not saying they are not still trying to ? the site, but these dudes that brought us the vanilla seem to have kept things pretty secure as far as I know and can see.

I was ? I created this current account in response to my last one(which was a moderator account at the time) getting taken over. Ionce Jay and Greg got control again and made this current account a Mod account at the time I banned my old renamed mod profile lol.

As to Death threats I had more before I was made a Mod due to my Positions on Eminem and Biggie. I have had to deal with reallife Death threats so these kittens online yapping just made me laugh and I keep it moving...
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Dayumm!!!

What was your position on Em and Biggie?
    What was the site 's?

Comparing to this year , how was the discussion climate?

How are your relations with your arch enemies now?

Do you have private /diplomatic talk with Jay and Gregg?
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    edited December 2013
    Dayumm!!!

What was your position on Em and Biggie?
    What was the site 's?

Comparing to this year , how was the discussion climate?

How are your relations with your arch enemies now?

Do you have private /diplomatic talk with Jay and Gregg?

In Order of the questions asked of me...

My position On Both Eminem and Biggie is they are corny and Overrated. The majority of their materials I cannot relate to and Biggie in particular was a tool used in making HipHop into the fantasy driven superficial ? ? Mockery that it is today. Eminem is the elvis of HipHop and many are already giving him the crown as the Greatest and I cannot cosign that in the least. This is not a racial thing for me as much as some would like it to be but rather a principle thing...

if you are asking how the discussion climate was in the past let me put it like this right now at this moment their are roughly 140 posters registered on the site in all sections, before the last Hack attack there was that many active in the reason and the amount on the site overall was 7 or 8 times that. The site has steady lost posters to Hack attacks and defections to other sites where the discussion was not so limited and censored on HipHop. Another site that will remain unnamed staged a mass defection before the last hack attack and I would say almost half of the regular active posters and afew Mods stepped off with them. Some of those posters have trickled back but overall the participation is way down. The quality before of discussion though was vast as the posters everyone brought something different to the table. I was a Westcoast Head when I joined the site but I have been introduced to so much great music over the years I am sad that the climate is no longer conducive to folks feeling they can share in that capacity any longer...

I have no Archenemies here at least from my perspective although they may feel differently about me most of the Kats I do not see eye to eye with are not worth my mental energy outside of that discussion. Ironically enough I find at any given time I can agree with someone about something in someway. So I focus on building and finding the commonality instead of seeking to further gap us with the differences. If they do not wish to do the same I let them continue to exude the counter productive energy and I keep it moving after I say any piece I feel needs saying...

I had a few Private conversation with Jay since then he helped fix a issue I had with one of the new Mods and we chopped it briefly about the Control verse when it dropped. Jay is a good dude he has a duty to keep his ships crew happy and I respect that. I understand his decision was under some duress and given the past defection losing 2 or 3 mods is not as bad as losing 5 or 6 or worse yet having those 5 or 6 work with hackers because they are disgruntled. Overall I feel that some balance has been lost as the politics of most here all falls in line or gets you banned and that has contributed to the drop off in active registered posters. I love chopping up Hip Hop and sharing what I know while gaining new insights so I have stayed loyal to the site for over a decade now. I believe in what the site stands for and hope my continued patronage can still inject that regardless of my official capacity...
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    No bruh you cannot quit @solomonthewise.

You are breathing loyalty.
    I agree with you that Thatmysterioushardtoreachdamnjay is a good diplomat. He saved my life countlessly.

So i assume that he demodded you for the site 's sake : leaders take hard decisions imo.

What about Grouchy Gregg ? You have 'grown' together in this site. How do you view him?

What are your plans on the REASON for 2014?

How to improve in your opinion?

• Soloman_The_Wise
    edited December 2013
    No bruh you cannot quit @solomonthewise.

You are breathing loyalty.
    I agree with you that Thatmysterioushardtoreachdamnjay is a good diplomat. He saved my life countlessly.

So i assume that he demodded you for the site 's sake : leaders take hard decisions imo.

What about Grouchy Gregg ? You have 'grown' together in this site. How do you view him?

What are your plans on the REASON for 2014?

How to improve in your opinion?

I am gonna disagree on for the sites sake part I think it was more for sanity's sake as he was tired of hearing the ? about things and had more important ? to deal with. I honestly feel the site has suffered from the loss of a number of us OG posters and Mods due to its current climate. Short of tracking down all the old users who have left or been banned we will never know for sure if my opinion is correct I draw correlation from the numbers and threads prevalent now. I think some posters with really strong opinions that do not coincide with the mainstream line of thinking have been censored or banished and because of that the site is duller and now joke threads or exposures are the only things doing numbers outside of new releases information. We lost that diversity but I am hoping that everyone from the top down is seeing that and those seeking to keep all discussions in line with their views will lose the power to do so or recognize their folly and stop the nonsense. Another section I love in this site is the social Lounge it and the reason were my Mod Areas and it is almost completely dead now. Back in the day it had 3 times the number of active posters the current reason has.

Gregg and I have never really chopped it he strongly disagreed with me on a few threads in 06 and 07 but other then that we never really interacted. I think he has helped to make a great site and I respect his work. Honestly I think he has fallen back because he no longer feels as compelled by the discussions being had here on top of having more real life duties as the other aspects of the site have grown. Most threads are a rehashing of the same old same old and it is a direct reflection of the state of HipHop which has lost its overall passion and appeal in my opinion. It is harder to find things to be excited about these days and when something pops it is great but far fewer real events in the game.

2014 I am going to be doing more DJing again I already have a few small projects I am working on and hopefully I will share that with reason as time progresses. Before I was Demodded I was trying to get a few Bay area Legends to do active interviews much like this one here on the Reason. I gave up on that pursuit then but my intermediaries who were helping facilitate have been doing more work with said artists and have let me hear some new tracks which I am hoping to remix soon and present here. We will see how it all turns out other then that I am going to keep hustling and sharing game with the next generation while observing the things I prophecized coming to unfortunate fruition.

I think I have already touched on it but then again it will take some major events in the overall hiphop community to revitalize the site. Communication is changing and kats are going to tumbler, twitter and facebook to discuss things we used to discuss here on the message board without the same level of anonymity. The real and cyber world are converging so that soon faceless aliases will have to work harder to be so. Then again we could bounce back real strong if we got more into supporting building and acknowledging instead of just Joking ? on and dismissing that seems to be the prevalent mode of operation for things...

Have to run for a bit fam if you have anymore questions feel free to ask it will be a sec before I can respond tho...
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    @solomanthewise

We will resume tomorrow or , in case you celebrate the NYE, on the 01/2.

Good night and ? bless Legend.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know everybody thinking but im gonna go ahead and say this: if this is gonna stay in the reason we need names named bruh and/or more conversation about homie taste in music/his interaction with the culture.

Otherwise this ain't about hiphop but an individual poster so it should be moved.

Reason interviews should be about music but I doubt anyone would complain if this became a flame thread. These rooms have themes bruh, I'm not gonna instigate but inform and we need to keep the music moving b. No offense to either Solomon or Lemzola as this has been informative but not enough about the music or culture.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    jono wrote: »
    I know everybody thinking but im gonna go ahead and say this: if this is gonna stay in the reason we need names named bruh and/or more conversation about homie taste in music/his interaction with the culture.

Otherwise this ain't about hiphop but an individual poster so it should be moved.

Reason interviews should be about music but I doubt anyone would complain if this became a flame thread. These rooms have themes bruh, I'm not gonna instigate but inform and we need to keep the music moving b. No offense to either Solomon or Lemzola as this has been informative but not enough about the music or culture.

It was the introduction.

The music and culture, alredy slightly mentioned in his firts posts, will naturally take over @jono.

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator

• rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

In those mountain-ous walls of text dude typed, he did mention he was a DJ and was about to do more DJing in the New year ..