Global poll: America is the most hostile country in the world

13»

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    Furiousone,

I never once said America was a "moral" country, what I did say though was that America had moral authority over its enemies at the time, Japan and Germany. We all obviously know of the many crimes America has been guilty of throughout history, especially as a Black man. America though didn't commit the same crimes ? Germany and Japan did during the 1940s. And either way, I can respect a difference of opinion on the moral authority America had against its ENEMIES during WW2. You also seem to forget Japan bombed America first, with Germany wrecking havoc in Europe but whatever. We won't agree on moral authority here, although you should really read what Sun Tzu had to say about moral authority in wartime.

As far as Afghanistan, YES it is time to cut our losses and get out of there. I know you don't like polls lately because poll after poll shows your opinions on many subjects are unpopular as ? , but most Americans want us out of Afghanistan now. There's a reason for that. If the threat of terrorism is so strong, then surely another nation can spend two billion dollars a week in Afghanistan right? I mean after all, every nation has to spend two billion dollars a week to protect itself from terror lol......

I don't want American soldiers dying in vain either but the problem, as I've always said, is that America overstayed its welcome in Afghanistan. How long do you think America should be spending two billion dollars a week in Afghanistan? Until the year 3055? We're only creating more problems staying over there, it's a perfect recruitment tool for terrorists at this point. The longer we stay, the more hatred America is building in that part of the world. If you think bombing a Middle Eastern nation for 12 years is the way to create less terrorism in that part of the world, I have a ? Cheney and John Mccain poster I wana send to you. Cuz those are the crackas you sound like right now.

We've been spending as much everywhere else including japan for the last 50 something years to ensure they don't revert to their old ways which is very possible. As far as what moral authority America has over our enemies versus japan well, there was the fact that they DID attack us (live on tv and overtly). That would be equivalent to pearl harbor and actually worse since they explicitly attacked civilians. Game on. You keep glossing over that fact. This same outfit (the Taliban) still works hand and hand with the people who did it and they have spread their wings further since. We use drones to prevent soldier death, but even that's not good enough for some people. America had Jim Crow laws and the great depression made America change it's tactics of creating Banana Republics. Stop acting like their ? didn't stink and some Moral cause was the reason to go to war. We didn't give a ? about Europe even as he destroyed civilian supply ships. Matter of fact, Bush grand daddy supported the Nazis.

It wasn't until we were attacked that we entered the war and Europe was already conquered other then Britain and Russia. Bottom line is, I'm aware of America's fuckery then and now but once you attack us indiscriminately, all bets are off. The Afghan war is the only valid war currently. Polls mean nothing when they are created with leading questions for news points. As i said before, Nate Silver showed how flawed those polling methods are. All of America was down with Afghanistan, and Cheney and his homies ? it up and made it go this far by going to Iraq at the same damn time. How exactly do i agree with them? Now they using it to win elections acting like they are concerned about the soldiers. Two faced ? . If they was concerned, they wouldn't have stretched the soldiers thin going into Iraq, standing on aircraft carriers talking bout mission accomplished while Osama was chilling with his ladies. The hilarious part of that is, Bush Jr. was mad that we didn't finish the job with Sadam and ended the war after he left Kuwait. They didn't take this war serious in the first place.

Fortunately Iraq had many military factions still functioning and a semblance of government so they can fight on. They still getting our money though. I'm saying, lets make sure the government and military is capable which is what we've been doing. I thought we agreed that terrorist want to make the world in their own image whether we there or not. Religious extremism is the reason for more terrorist. More terrorist are being made because we allow their daddies to live and our hands are tied going after them in Pakistan. That's even more cause to go after them because an unstable country next to a potentially unstable country with nukes is a no go. They attacking Pakistan on the low low too and Pakistan likes to saber rattle like the rest of them while taking our billions and accepting our help with their very real problem form the same damn people. You can say in reverse that we are recruiting more allies with every Taliban incursion into a village that is trying to teach their kids. Nobody else is willing to get the job done, that's why they look at us to do it while complaining from their armchair about our tactics.

Religious extremism is ONE reason terrorists are being created often, but it's not the only reason. Many polls show the MAIN reason America is hated so much in so many parts of the world is due to America's disgusting support of Israel's apartheid of the Palestinian territories. If the war on terror was ALL about radical Islam, we wouldn't even have this discussion now. The problem with your post is that you believe constant and never ending warmongering will solve our problem with terrorism. NEWS FLASH: it hasn't worked in over 12 years.

Yes, Bush and Cheney got us distracted in Iraq, a war you can concede should have never been fought. But simply killing all these people is just creating more terrorists, why? Because of the HORRIBLE reputation America has in that part of the world as warmongers and supporters of evil (Israel's govt). Imagine the KKK killing Bloods and Crips all over America to "fight the war against thugs" lol. This is exactly what it looks like in the Middle East. An imperial, corrupt and evil empire fighting people who are bad in many ways, but still destroying villages, wedding parties, kids and other innocents. If we are recruiting these native allies in Afghanistan, then how come the Afghan people can't fight the Taliban and Al-Qaeda for us? Because the ugly reality is few people in Afghanistan want to be seen as being close to an evil empire like America (their worldview, not mine necessarily). If you want us to keep bankrupting our future to play wack a mole in Afghanistan, then be my guest. Thankfully, most Americans don't share your point of view.

Because America has such a horrible reputation in the Middle East, we're losing the war on terror. Some argue it's already been lost. I can admit America is losing the war and it's time to cut our losses and go home. It's not worth the blood and money at this point.....we're doing EXACTLY what Osama Bin Laden always said he wanted us to do. We're bleeding ourselves dry and spending billions a week, while Al-Qaeda and its many affiliates/sympathizers grow in number every year.
  • kingblaze84
    edited January 2014
    Shocking poll I just read.......82% of Americans oppose the war in Afghanistan

http://www.voanews.com/content/poll-most-americans-oppose-war-in-afghanistan/1820403.html

December 30, 2013

A new poll shows that the war in Afghanistan is even more unpopular among Americans than the war in Vietnam was more than 40 years ago.

The survey by CNN television and ORC International says just 17 percent of the American public support the Afghan war, while 82 percent oppose it.

This is drastically lower than the 52 percent who said they backed the war four years ago. It also says only about 30 percent believe the United States is winning in Afghanistan.

The CNN poll also says most Americans want U.S. troops out of Afghanistan before the end of 2014 - the deadline set by President Barack Obama.

A similar poll by The Washington Post and ABC News last week shows most people think the war has not been worth fighting.

---And there you have it......most Americans believe we're losing in Afghanistan and 82% are against the war now. Only those who think like ? Cheney and John Mccain want us to stay in this losing war effort at this point.
  • kingblaze84
    edited January 2014
    Proof America's horrible reputation in the Middle East and us overstaying our welcome there is having bad effects......time for a new strategy....

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/07/opinion/bergen-al-qaeda-terrority-gains/

Al Qaeda controls more territory THAN EVER in Middle East

By Peter Bergen and Jennifer Rowland Tue January 7, 2014

(CNN) -- From around Aleppo in western Syria to small areas of Falluja in central Iraq, al Qaeda now controls territory that stretches more than 400 miles across the heart of the Middle East, according to English and Arab language news accounts as well as accounts on jihadist websites.

Indeed, al Qaeda appears to control more territory in the Arab world than it has done at any time in its history.

The focus of al Qaeda's leaders has always been regime change in the Arab world in order to install Taliban-style regimes. Al Qaeda's leader Ayman al-Zawahiri acknowledged as much in his 2001 autobiography, "Knights Under the Banner of the Prophet," when he explained that the most important strategic goal of al Qaeda was to seize control of a state, or part of a state, somewhere in the Muslim world, explaining that, "without achieving this goal our actions will mean nothing."

---So hows that war on terror going Furiousone? Maybe we should start spending 5 billion a week in Afghanistan now?? I told you our foreign policy is only creating more terrorists.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Oh look terrroist only hate America. Of course that's the case. @me next time @kingblaze84 that's how it works.
    Teen dies stopping suicide bomber at school in Pakistan

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/09/world/asia/pakistan-boy-stops-suicide-bomber/index.html?hpt=hp_t2
    A 14-year-old boy is being hailed as a hero in Pakistan for tackling a suicide bomber -- dying at the main gate of his school and saving schoolmates gathered for their morning assembly.

Ninth-grader Aitazaz Hassan Bangash was on his way to the Ibrahimzai School on Monday in the Hangu district of northern Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province when the bomber, dressed in a school uniform, asked him where the school was, the teen's cousin told CNN.
  • kingblaze84
    edited January 2014
    Oh look terrroist only hate America. Of course that's the case. @me next time @kingblaze84 that's how it works.
    Teen dies stopping suicide bomber at school in Pakistan

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/09/world/asia/pakistan-boy-stops-suicide-bomber/index.html?hpt=hp_t2
    A 14-year-old boy is being hailed as a hero in Pakistan for tackling a suicide bomber -- dying at the main gate of his school and saving schoolmates gathered for their morning assembly.

Ninth-grader Aitazaz Hassan Bangash was on his way to the Ibrahimzai School on Monday in the Hangu district of northern Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province when the bomber, dressed in a school uniform, asked him where the school was, the teen's cousin told CNN.

Nope, I never said terrorists only hate America. But one of the reasons terrorists are running wild in Pakistan, aside from religious extremism, is its close relationship with America and the West.

The evidence is extremely clear that what America is doing now is only creating more, not less, terrorists. Bombs and bullets will not solve our terror problem, it's only attacking the symptom. I'm not naive though, I understand force must be used time to time to stamp out terror but 12 year plus long wars and supporting apartheid AIN'T WINNING US FRIENDS. Word to the people of Afghanistan who refuse to fight hard for us, despite the millions in aid they get every week smh. Kenya went through its bad mall attack, but they didn't overreact the way America would. They took out many of the terrorists in Somalia, and went back home. America can learn from that.............
  • kingblaze84
    edited January 2014
    Also Furiousone, what do you think about the CNN link? Why is your strategy against terror failing so horribly? Let me guess.....we haven't spent more money blowing people up?
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited January 2014
    We should just ignore it, and it will all go away. Hey, it's not like they attacked in 93 and went after the same target in 01 before we ever got there. Nope, they will no longer mess with us.

Al Qaeda says would use Pakistani nuclear weapons
    http://in.reuters.com/article/2009/06/21/idINIndia-40495320090621
    If it were in a position to do so, Al Qaeda would use Pakistan's nuclear weapons in its fight against the United States, a top leader of the group said in remarks aired on Sunday.

Pakistan has been battling al Qaeda's Taliban allies in the Swat Valley since April after their thrust into a district 100 km (60 miles) northwest of the capital raised fears the nuclear-armed country could slowly slip into militant hands.

You forgot the @ bro.
  • kingblaze84
    edited January 2014
    We should just ignore it, and it will all go away. Hey, it's not like they attacked in 93 and went after the same target in 01 before we ever got there. Nope, they will no longer mess with us.

Al Qaeda says would use Pakistani nuclear weapons
    http://in.reuters.com/article/2009/06/21/idINIndia-40495320090621
    If it were in a position to do so, Al Qaeda would use Pakistan's nuclear weapons in its fight against the United States, a top leader of the group said in remarks aired on Sunday.

Pakistan has been battling al Qaeda's Taliban allies in the Swat Valley since April after their thrust into a district 100 km (60 miles) northwest of the capital raised fears the nuclear-armed country could slowly slip into militant hands.

You forgot the @ bro.

@Furiousone,

I understand AL-Qaeda hates us but the real key is WHY do they hate us so much. And again, I have no problem helping nations that are undergoing problems with terror, the problem is how we're doing it. We're fighting terror in a very inefficient way because the way we're doing it is AGAIN, causing and creating more terrorism. Religious fanaticism cannot be fixed, true, but most terrorists want to bomb America and its allies for its atrocious foreign policy.

No one said ignore terror, but we should treat it more like a police issue than a war one. Notice Kenya was attacked by Al-Shabbab brutally, but they aren't waging never ending wars like America is. They killed a bunch of militants in Somalia, and went back home. Kenya has suffered an attack ever since. We can learn from Kenya.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited January 2014
    @kingblaze84 so we should treat people destabilizing a nuclear power with plans to attack us with said nukes as a police issue? They hate us the same as they hate the school girl that they tried to ? in Pakistan. We don't follow their tenants of Islam.. We bombed Lybia and went home. Not all of the tactics are handled the same and btw we support Somalia and all the other places mentioned with their efforts or they would have no chance. Once again, they attacked our home front and are destabilizing a country that has Nukes. Different strokes for different folks. Yah dig? Kenya just attacked Al Shabbab the other day. They are waging more of a war then you think.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jan/10/kenya-air-strike-somalia-kills-al-shabaab-militants
    Kenyan military says dozens of terrorists were killed in its attack on a rebel meeting at a camp in southern Somalia
  • kingblaze84
    edited January 2014
    @kingblaze84 so we should treat people destabilizing a nuclear power with plans to attack us with said nukes as a police issue? They hate us the same as they hate the school girl that they tried to ? in Pakistan. We don't follow their tenants of Islam.. We bombed Lybia and went home. Not all of the tactics are handled the same and btw we support Somalia and all the other places mentioned with their efforts or they would have no chance. Once again, they attacked our home front and are destabilizing a country that has Nukes. Different strokes for different folks. Yah dig? Kenya just attacked Al Shabbab the other day. They are waging more of a war then you think.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jan/10/kenya-air-strike-somalia-kills-al-shabaab-militants
    Kenyan military says dozens of terrorists were killed in its attack on a rebel meeting at a camp in southern Somalia

Well yeah, Kenya is attacking terrorists but they're not occupying the nation for 12 years either lol.....occupying land for so long only creates resentment, ESPECIALLY a nation like America that has built up bad blood for decades now in the Middle East. America has little respect in that part of the world, so occupation isn't the answer. Come back to me when Kenya invades Somalia and occupies it for more then a decade.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited January 2014

Well yeah, Kenya is attacking terrorists but they're not occupying the nation for 12 years either lol.....occupying land for so long only creates resentment, ESPECIALLY a nation like America that has built up bad blood for decades now in the Middle East. America has little respect in that part of the world, so occupation isn't the answer. Come back to me when Kenya invades Somalia and occupies it for more then a decade.

Kenya didn't but Ethiopia did and not long after they pulled out, Kenya was attacked. Go figure. Like i said, we've occupied most of the world far longer and they cool. Also with Kenya's vicinity, they don't really need to occupy. It's not like we can walk across the ocean to attack Afghanistan in a matter of hours. Well we can fly, but that's not very efficient. They didn't like us before we invaded do to them showing it by blowing up our buildings. They haven't been able to focus on much of an attack plan on our soil since. Works for me. ? if they like it or not. Bottom line is, they gonna attack regardless because of their views and their eagerness to spread sharia law just like Mohamed did when he invaded their lands in the first place. We on our way out anyway so you don't have to worry too much longer.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Come back to me when Kenya invades Somalia and occupies it for more then a decade.
    ...how long do you think Ethiopia has been messing around in Somalia?

criticizing the US is all well and good, but FuriousOne is right about the pass Al-Qaeda & Friends are getting

• kingblaze84
    edited January 2014

Kenya didn't but Ethiopia did and not long after they pulled out, Kenya was attacked. Go figure. Like i said, we've occupied most of the world far longer and they cool. Also with Kenya's vicinity, they don't really need to occupy. It's not like we can walk across the ocean to attack Afghanistan in a matter of hours. Well we can fly, but that's not very efficient. They didn't like us before we invaded do to them showing it by blowing up our buildings. They haven't been able to focus on much of an attack plan on our soil since. Works for me. ? if they like it or not. Bottom line is, they gonna attack regardless because of their views and their eagerness to spread sharia law just like Mohamed did when he invaded their lands in the first place. We on our way out anyway so you don't have to worry too much longer.

The problem with your post though is that America spending two billion a week isn't efficient either. America can't break its bank doing this war ? forever and although Ethiopia has occupied Somalia time to time, I was giving props to Kenya for its policy of fighting terror. Ethiopia occupying Somalia for so long wasn't a good idea, it created more problems then solutions. Some terrorists are motivated mostly for religious reasons but most are motivated for POLITICAL reasons. Notice the propaganda videos out there and how often they mention the Iraq war, America's support of apartheid in Palestine, and its policies of supporting dictatorships all over the Middle East.......

And yeah I do give Obama some credit for lowering the amount of troops in Afghanistan. But he's taking way too damn long to do so.
  • kingblaze84
    janklow wrote: »
    Come back to me when Kenya invades Somalia and occupies it for more then a decade.
    ...how long do you think Ethiopia has been messing around in Somalia?

criticizing the US is all well and good, but FuriousOne is right about the pass Al-Qaeda & Friends are getting

I never said Ethiopia should be emulated though lol...I specifically said America can learn from Kenya in how it fights back against terror. Radical Islam is indeed a problem and I never gave Al-Qaeda and friends a pass. Terror should be stamped out, and one of the best ways to help fight terror is to stop supporting evil activities that fuel the flames of hatred against America and its supporters.

What I did say was our policy of neverending wars is attacking the symptoms, not the root of the problem. We're fighting the tooth decay while ignoring the cavities causing the teeth decay. Specifically, we're giving reasons for regular people to turn into people who hate America so much their willing to blow themselves up to make a point. That kind of hatred doesn't come from nowhere.......
  • kingblaze84
    edited January 2014
    The legendary, great poet Amiri Baraka on who the REAL terrorists worldwide are........here is his poem on why 9/11 happened and then some of ya'll can figure out why America was declared the most hostile nation in the world in the poll

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOs_lYTgwHs&feature=player_embedded