Why is there a misconception online blacks and Indians (india) can't date or marry

Options
GunTown
GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
There is a big population of coolies which means half indian half black and majority of people of Indian descent follow Hinduisim which is a peaceful religion other religions are as well, but Hinduisim puts a lotta emphasis on peace and unity

Online i heard ish like people saying parents of indians will ? if they date a black which is just 100% false and brainwashing and goes againist Hinduisim which also strictly says to respect all races and religions

Alot of people tend to confuse Indians with Arabs and Pakistanis i can't speak for Arabs or Pakistanis but as far as Indians go there is nothing againist dating other races including black

That's not to say there is none who are racist but there is racists in every race u can't judge a few racists and think majority are like this

Comments

• MzKB
    MzKB Members Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    the only place were indians marry blacks in any real numbers is trinidad and tobago.

and even there those ? are racist

TRUTH

• GunTown
    Options
    There's alot in Jamaica too and out here in London as well
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pakstanis and Indians are the same people with the only difference being in religion. You're not going to be able to tell the difference between a Pakistani and an Indian just by looking at them. After all Pakistan used to be part of India.

I was talking to my partner about this earlier but for the most Indians mainly stick to their people, the chicks for mainly religious and cultural reasons and the dudes, well chicks from races really aren't checking for Hadji . This will change as the Dotheads get more Americanized and they start to date outside their culture and religion.
  • GunTown
    Options
    Nah that's not true Pakistanis are mixed with Arab and Turkish and are much more lighter than Indians who are quite alot darker

But u are right about sticking to each other and a lotta the chicks being religious that is true but they certaintly do mix as well but yeah that's a minority overall

• Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GunTown wrote: »
    Nah that's not true Pakistanis are mixed with Arab and Turkish and are much more lighter than Indians who are quite alot darker

But u are right about sticking to each other and a lotta the chicks being religious that is true but they certaintly do mix as well but yeah that's a minority overall

So what exactly are Turkish people?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The premise of this topic is crazy. Just because there are a lot of biracial offspring between two races doesn't mean mixing is generally seen as ok by both groups. There have been lots of white/black mixed people for a long time. That doesn't stop white people from hating and looking down on us.

And the Hinduism point is crazy. Go look up the "Untouchables" as relates to the caste system used in India. Being dark skinned almost automatically put you in that caste.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There have hardly been any white/black mixed people in america. until recent times the mullatoe population has always been very very low.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I've never dated an Indian chick (not my type) but one of my best friends is from Pakistan and he has Indian relatives. He's told me more then once to not waste my time heading to an Indian spot because Indian women are told at an early age to avoid dating Black or Hispanic guys, only other Asians. I prefer Black women anyway but I always remembered what he said.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    There have hardly been any white/black mixed people in america. until recent times the mullatoe population has always been very very low.

True for the most part, although I'm sure during slavery there were many mixed Whites and Blacks (through ? ). My mother made clear to me she would be ashamed if I ever bring in a half cracka child in this world lol
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Again, statistics show that a significant percentage of blacks have white admixture in them. That would not be the case if mixtures were a rarity. I'm not saying that there were a lot of interracial marriages. We all know that's not true. But it's also not like white and black people just started mixing within the past couple decades.

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the only place were indians marry blacks in any real numbers is trinidad and tobago.

and even there those ? are racist

Guyana too
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    seems every race on this planet thinks black is bad and white is right.

some indians are darker than us.

the ? nerve

Yeah, I don't think people understand how pervasive that complex is. It exists even in the far east. In southeast asian countries like Laos and Cambodia, a lot of those people are dark. A lot of them would be mistaken for black/asian mixes if they were in the U.S. and they are seen by some as inferior to the lighter groups i.e. Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc...
  • zombie
    edited January 2014
    Options

Again, statistics show that a significant percentage of blacks have white admixture in them. That would not be the case if mixtures were a rarity. I'm not saying that there were a lot of interracial marriages. We all know that's not true. But it's also not like white and black people just started mixing within the past couple decades.

You and this ? dumb ? blacks today having white ancestory does not mean that there were tons of mix breeds walking about the place in 1850.

cut this lie you keep spewing out the number of mullatoes on the plantations in america was always low.
  • kingblaze84
    edited January 2014
    Options

True for the most part, although I'm sure during slavery there were many mixed Whites and Blacks (through ? ). My mother made clear to me she would be ashamed if I ever bring in a half cracka child in this world lol

your mother sounds like a very intelligent and beautiful woman who raised you right

Lol she definitely did....it's not just cuz of her but I always said if I do marry and have kids, it'll be with a Black woman.
  • kingblaze84
    edited January 2014
    Options

What Zombie is trying to say is that while many Blacks do have some White blood, most were not fully interbred with Whites, the way many Hispanics have like 60-70% White ancestry. Many Blacks, through slavery and ? , do have some White mixtures but most Blacks in America have majority African DNA. The avg Black person you see is either medium or dark skin, compared to most Hispanics in America who consider themselves White (check the census), due to having either majority or half White ancestry. Puerto Rico for example is a nation in which like 70% of people consider themselves White, numbers are similar in most other Hispanic nations
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited January 2014
    Options

You and this ? dumb ? blacks today having white ancestory does not mean that there were tons of mix breeds walking about the place in 1850.

cut this lie you keep spewing out the number of mullatoes on the plantations in america was always low.

? , when did I say there were lots of mullatoes on plantations? You're always running around trying to school someone and addressing ? that was never even stated. I specifically said that there have been a lot of white/black mixed people for a long time and that whites still don't like blacks. Blacks and whites have been mixing for decades. Any idiot with eyes can see that ? . Nowhere did I state that mullatoes were the majority of anything nor did I say they had significant numbers back in the slave days, so read and understand before you try to go off on someone.

What Zombie is trying to say is that while many Blacks do have some White blood, most were not fully interbred with Whites, the way many Hispanics have like 60-70% White ancestry. Many Blacks, through slavery and ? , do have some White mixtures but most Blacks in America have majority African DNA. The avg Black person you see is either medium or dark skin, compared to most Hispanics in America who consider themselves White (check the census), due to having either majority or half White ancestry. Puerto Rico for example is a nation in which like 70% of people consider themselves White, numbers are similar in most other Hispanic nations

You couldn't possibly know what he's trying to say because he doesn't know what he's saying half the time. He just likes seeing his words on the screen. Anyway, you're right. Blacks in America are not comparable in their level of mixing to Hispanics and I never suggested anything that silly anyway.

All that said, your point supports my original point which was that an abundance of mixing between two groups does not mean there is mutual respect or affinity between those two groups. The amount of racism and colorism present in the Carribbean is proof of that.

• zombie
    edited January 2014
    Options

? , when did I say there were lots of mullatoes on plantations? You're always running around trying to school someone and addressing ? that was never even stated. I specifically said that there have been a lot of white/black mixed people for a long time and that whites still don't like blacks. Blacks and whites have been mixing for decades. Any idiot with eyes can see that ? . Nowhere did I state that mullatoes were the majority of anything nor did I say they had significant numbers back in the slave days, so read and understand before you try to go off on someone.

You couldn't possibly know what he's trying to say because he doesn't know what he's saying half the time. He just likes seeing his words on the screen. Anyway, you're right. Blacks in America are not comparable in their level of mixing to Hispanics and I never suggested anything that silly anyway.

All that said, your point supports my original point which was that an abundance of mixing between two groups does not mean there is mutual respect or affinity between those two groups. The amount of racism and colorism present in the Carribbean is proof of that.

From the bottom of my heart, ? ? you .The bolded is the ? lie i have a problem with it's just not true. @KINGBLAZE84 understood exactly what i meant. Your whole thing is that because you have a white parent or grand parent you always want to bring up this race mixing thing and make is seem like it was the historical norm.

• The Lonious Monk
    Options

From the bottom of my heart, ? ? you .The bolded is the ? lie i have a problem with it's just not true. @KINGBLAZE84 understood exactly what i meant. Your whole thing is that because you have a white parent or grand parent you always want to bring up this race mixing thing and make is seem like it was the historical norm.

You're an idiot. I've never made it seem like mixing was as prevalent as you continue to insinuate. I've simply pointed out that it happened and happened enough to be statistically significant. This evidenced by the fact that pretty much every study on the matter shows that a double digit percentage of black people have a white admixture. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it isn't true. And contrary to your ? belief straw men arguments are not a valid way to counter someone's argument. If you disagree with what I say, bring some valid information contradicting what I actually say. Quit misrepresenting my stance and then whining like a ? about it.
  • zombie
    Options

You're an idiot. I've never made it seem like mixing was as prevalent as you continue to insinuate. I've simply pointed out that it happened and happened enough to be statistically significant. This evidenced by the fact that pretty much every study on the matter shows that a double digit percentage of black people have a white admixture. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it isn't true. And contrary to your ? belief straw men arguments are not a valid way to counter someone's argument. If you disagree with what I say, bring some valid information contradicting what I actually say. Quit misrepresenting my stance and then whining like a ? about it.

The mixing has not been statistically significant ? that's my whole point and it's a lie to say otherwise. So please shut the ? up. If 13% of the 40 million african americans have white dna but each individual only has a small percentage of white dna that's a small percentage. It means that each person only has negligible amounts of white ancestory.

most blacks in america are 80% african but every ? chance you get you bring up to 1-2 crackas in the bloodline look ? ? off with that ? .
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    What Zombie is trying to say is that while many Blacks do have some White blood, most were not fully interbred with Whites, the way many Hispanics have like 60-70% White ancestry.
    well, Hispanic is not a race, so this is a weird comparison

• kingblaze84
    edited January 2014
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    What Zombie is trying to say is that while many Blacks do have some White blood, most were not fully interbred with Whites, the way many Hispanics have like 60-70% White ancestry.
    well, Hispanic is not a race, so this is a weird comparison

I meant to say Latinos I guess. Or maybe Meso-American or Native American is better, IDK....