Why is there a misconception online blacks and Indians (india) can't date or marry

Options

Comments

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    I meant to say Latinos I guess.
    not a race either, sir

• Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GunTown wrote: »
    There is a big population of coolies which means half indian half black and majority of people of Indian descent follow Hinduisim which is a peaceful religion other religions are as well, but Hinduisim puts a lotta emphasis on peace and unity

Online i heard ish like people saying parents of indians will ? if they date a black which is just 100% false and brainwashing and goes againist Hinduisim which also strictly says to respect all races and religions

Alot of people tend to confuse Indians with Arabs and Pakistanis i can't speak for Arabs or Pakistanis but as far as Indians go there is nothing againist dating other races including black

That's not to say there is none who are racist but there is racists in every race u can't judge a few racists and think majority are like this
    I haven't read alot of the responses but I have to correct you on some stuff. Half of my family is actually from a country with a majority coolie population, Surinam.

First off, get your terms straight if you wanna use West Indian slang. Coolie = cheap contract laborer. After slavery was abolished in the West Indies Europeans had to get people to work the fields. They brought in cheap laborers from Asia. Most of them were brought in from northern India, Bihar and Uttar Pradesh, but some also from Indonesia and China. Coolie almost has the same connotation as "n*gger". Europeans used that word to dehumanize people they exploited. In the West Indies a coolie is a person of Indian/ desi descent. Just like with the N-word people flipped that and started self identifying as such.
    A person of mixed black and coolie descent is called "dogla" in Surinam and in countries like Jamaica, Trinidad and Guyana they're also familiar with the term. A good example of a dogla would be Supercat from Jamaica.

Not every Hindu is racist or prejudiced, but in their polytheistic Hindu religion people are judged by which caste they're born in and their skincolour. Madras coolies (=darkskinned coolies from the Southern India) are seen as less by their lighterskinned compatriots. This is a known fact.
    If you're a Brahman you are the highest of that society, similar to how some aristocratic Europeans are regared as the highest in the west. That caste system is the same as institutionalized racism only difference being that this system is way older than white supremacy. While you got class justice in the west, it's not like aristocrats can get away with anything. In hindu society it's different.
    These Hindu's place blacks in the same (non-)caste as pariah's in India. They will have shops in black neighbourhoods to extract money from black neighbourhoods, but don't want anything to do with them. You won't see a black working in their shops, they'll avoid any physical contact with blacks and are against miscegination, just like how they won't mix with someone from a lower caste. A coolie like Mahatma Ghandi supported apartheid because he recognized elements of it in his own polytheistic, idolworshipping religion. Ghandi fought alongside white racists to suppress blacks in their own country.

Hindu coolies don't accept blacks and don't wanna mix with blacks. They'll disown and might ? a woman if she marries/ procreates with a black man. This is a known fact. I got inlaw family members that got disowned because they married black men. I got nephews and nieces that don't get accepted by their coolie side of the family. Despite their racist caste system, there are alot of mixes in Surinam, Trinidad and to a lesser extent Guyana and wherever you got a West Indian population like London, Toronto and Holland.

If anything, Pakistani's are less racist but the majority of them are muslim. Eventhough they're muslim, they also have a caste system in place eventhough racism goes against Islam.
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eventhough certain parts of their religion/ culture are seen as racist and classist, I want to make clear not all people of desi descent are racist. My best friend was Pakistani and I got alot of desi associates and friends. When I'm in Birmingham chances are you'll see me rolling with Pakistani's. Some are even christian, shia, hindu or sikh. The younger generations that grew up i the west are generally not as racist as the older ones that grew up in Asia.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »

The mixing has not been statistically significant ? that's my whole point and it's a lie to say otherwise. So please shut the ? up. If 13% of the 40 million african americans have white dna but each individual only has a small percentage of white dna that's a small percentage. It means that each person only has negligible amounts of white ancestory.

most blacks in america are 80% african but every ? chance you get you bring up to 1-2 crackas in the bloodline look ? ? off with that ? .

Dude, the ? you say is stupid. It is. I know your agenda. I know your beliefs, and they are fine. I don't agree with you, but I don't think what you believe is unreasonable. That said, your beliefs are not facts. What you like or don't like doesn't change truth.

Here is an essay written by Henry Gates, a well respected black expert in this field.

http://www.theroot.com/articles/history/2013/02/how_mixed_are_african_americans.1.html

Taken from this:
    *According to Ancestry.com, the average African American is 65 percent sub-Saharan African, 29 percent European and 2 percent Native American.

* According to 23andme.com, the average African American is 75 percent sub-Saharan African, 22 percent European and only 0.6 percent Native American.

* According to Family Tree DNA.com, the average African American is 72.95 percent sub-Saharan African, 22.83 percent European and 1.7 percent Native American.

* According to National Geographic's Genographic Project, the average African American is 80 percent sub-Saharan African, 19 percent European and 1 percent Native American.

* According to AfricanDNA, in which I am a partner with Family Tree DNA, the average African American is 79 percent sub-Saharan African, 19 percent European and 2 percent Native American.

That's five different organizations that say that on Average African Americans have ~20% European admixture. Again on average, meaning a statistically representative sample of African Americans are around 1/5 white. And you must not understand math at all of if you think that equates to 1 or 2 white people in a person's family tree. Each of your grandparents only represents 25% of your heritage. So saying that the average African American is 20% white isn't that much different from saying that the average African American has the equivalent of a white grandparent.

That's all I've ever said. I've never claimed that mixing was prevalent or frequent. I've just said it happened enough to the point that African Americans have a notable amount of white blood in them, and based on all information that is fact. If you got some research, data, or conclusions from a reputable organization, present it. If not, shut the ? up about this matter, because your opinion doesn't mean ? here and you continually exaggerating the point I've made is silly and serves no purpose.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The mixing has not been statistically significant ? that's my whole point and it's a lie to say otherwise. So please shut the ? up. If 13% of the 40 million african americans have white dna but each individual only has a small percentage of white dna that's a small percentage. It means that each person only has negligible amounts of white ancestory.

most blacks in america are 80% african but every ? chance you get you bring up to 1-2 crackas in the bloodline look ? ? off with that ? .

Dude, the ? you say is stupid. It is. I know your agenda. I know your beliefs, and they are fine. I don't agree with you, but I don't think what you believe is unreasonable. That said, your beliefs are not facts. What you like or don't like doesn't change truth.

Here is an essay written by Henry Gates, a well respected black expert in this field.

http://www.theroot.com/articles/history/2013/02/how_mixed_are_african_americans.1.html

Taken from this:
    *According to Ancestry.com, the average African American is 65 percent sub-Saharan African, 29 percent European and 2 percent Native American.

* According to 23andme.com, the average African American is 75 percent sub-Saharan African, 22 percent European and only 0.6 percent Native American.

* According to Family Tree DNA.com, the average African American is 72.95 percent sub-Saharan African, 22.83 percent European and 1.7 percent Native American.

* According to National Geographic's Genographic Project, the average African American is 80 percent sub-Saharan African, 19 percent European and 1 percent Native American.

* According to AfricanDNA, in which I am a partner with Family Tree DNA, the average African American is 79 percent sub-Saharan African, 19 percent European and 2 percent Native American.

That's five different organizations that say that on Average African Americans have ~20% European admixture. Again on average, meaning a statistically representative sample of African Americans are around 1/5 white. And you must not understand math at all of if you think that equates to 1 or 2 white people in a person's family tree. Each of your grandparents only represents 25% of your heritage. So saying that the average African American is 20% white isn't that much different from saying that the average African American has the equivalent of a white grandparent.

That's all I've ever said. I've never claimed that mixing was prevalent or frequent. I've just said it happened enough to the point that African Americans have a notable amount of white blood in them, and based on all information that is fact. If you got some research, data, or conclusions from a reputable organization, present it. If not, shut the ? up about this matter, because your opinion doesn't mean ? here and you continually exaggerating the point I've made is silly and serves no purpose.

you still don't get it. that percentage is still not significantly high enough to matter. and I was not being literal when I said 1 or 2
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Taken from this:

you still don't get it. that percentage is still not significantly high enough to matter. and I was not being literal when I said 1 or 2

Not significant enough to matter as far as what? It's there and is not some miniscule amount like the Native American admixture. Honestly, I'm not even sure if you have a point anymore. You're just arguing to be arguing.
  • zombie
    Options

Taken from this:

Not significant enough to matter as far as what? It's there and is not some miniscule amount like the Native American admixture. Honestly, I'm not even sure if you have a point anymore. You're just arguing to be arguing.

The point i am trying to make is that having a little white in you from generations ago should not be emphasized because it has no effect on the real world as most black people are indistinguishable from other black populations.

BUT you stay bringing it up this thread was not even about white black mixing but you just had to bring it up. why? because you support that ? and you stay trying to push to make that ? seem normal in other threads you always do this ? .
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    Muhannad X wrote: »
    Eventhough certain parts of their religion/ culture are seen as racist and classist, I want to make clear not all people of desi descent are racist. My best friend was Pakistani and I got alot of desi associates and friends. When I'm in Birmingham chances are you'll see me rolling with Pakistani's. Some are even christian, shia, hindu or sikh. The younger generations that grew up i the west are generally not as racist as the older ones that grew up in Asia.

I never known any Pakistanis or blacks to mix though all the coolies always seem to be half Indian and half black rather than half pakistani half black or half bengladeshi half black

Even Ashley from Fresh Prince is half Indian half black this mix is not as rare as some make out it's just there isn't a huge community of them living in 1 place outside a few countys so people think its rare
  • zombie
    Options
    ashley fam is from trinidad
  • GunTown
    Options
    Nah that's not true Pakistanis are mixed with Arab and Turkish and are much more lighter than Indians who are quite alot darker

But u are right about sticking to each other and a lotta the chicks being religious that is true but they certaintly do mix as well but yeah that's a minority overall

So what exactly are Turkish people?

I would say they caucasian arab kind they real light and some can have blue eyes they similar to arabs
  • GunTown
    Options
    There is a big population of coolies which means half indian half black and majority of people of Indian descent follow Hinduisim which is a peaceful religion other religions are as well, but Hinduisim puts a lotta emphasis on peace and unity

Online i heard ish like people saying parents of indians will ? if they date a black which is just 100% false and brainwashing and goes againist Hinduisim which also strictly says to respect all races and religions

Alot of people tend to confuse Indians with Arabs and Pakistanis i can't speak for Arabs or Pakistanis but as far as Indians go there is nothing againist dating other races including black

That's not to say there is none who are racist but there is racists in every race u can't judge a few racists and think majority are like this
    I haven't read alot of the responses but I have to correct you on some stuff. Half of my family is actually from a country with a majority coolie population, Surinam.

First off, get your terms straight if you wanna use West Indian slang. Coolie = cheap contract laborer. After slavery was abolished in the West Indies Europeans had to get people to work the fields. They brought in cheap laborers from Asia. Most of them were brought in from northern India, Bihar and Uttar Pradesh, but some also from Indonesia and China. Coolie almost has the same connotation as "n*gger". Europeans used that word to dehumanize people they exploited. In the West Indies a coolie is a person of Indian/ desi descent. Just like with the N-word people flipped that and started self identifying as such.
    A person of mixed black and coolie descent is called "dogla" in Surinam and in countries like Jamaica, Trinidad and Guyana they're also familiar with the term. A good example of a dogla would be Supercat from Jamaica.

Not every Hindu is racist or prejudiced, but in their polytheistic Hindu religion people are judged by which caste they're born in and their skincolour. Madras coolies (=darkskinned coolies from the Southern India) are seen as less by their lighterskinned compatriots. This is a known fact.
    If you're a Brahman you are the highest of that society, similar to how some aristocratic Europeans are regared as the highest in the west. That caste system is the same as institutionalized racism only difference being that this system is way older than white supremacy. While you got class justice in the west, it's not like aristocrats can get away with anything. In hindu society it's different.
    These Hindu's place blacks in the same (non-)caste as pariah's in India. They will have shops in black neighbourhoods to extract money from black neighbourhoods, but don't want anything to do with them. You won't see a black working in their shops, they'll avoid any physical contact with blacks and are against miscegination, just like how they won't mix with someone from a lower caste. A coolie like Mahatma Ghandi supported apartheid because he recognized elements of it in his own polytheistic, idolworshipping religion. Ghandi fought alongside white racists to suppress blacks in their own country.

Hindu coolies don't accept blacks and don't wanna mix with blacks. They'll disown and might ? a woman if she marries/ procreates with a black man. This is a known fact. I got inlaw family members that got disowned because they married black men. I got nephews and nieces that don't get accepted by their coolie side of the family. Despite their racist caste system, there are alot of mixes in Surinam, Trinidad and to a lesser extent Guyana and wherever you got a West Indian population like London, Toronto and Holland.

If anything, Pakistani's are less racist but the majority of them are muslim. Eventhough they're muslim, they also have a caste system in place eventhough racism goes against Islam.

Show me 1 quote from scriptures in any holy book of Hinduisim be it the Vedas or Gita that condone racisim?

U can't

Any in the U.K. that word means half black half indian that may not be it's origin meaning but in England that's wat it means now

And finally don't judge Hinduisim based on a few people judge it on the scriptures and holy books which 100% speak againist racisim and classism

Disagree about Pakistanis being less racist they pride them self on being as light skinned as possible and i never see them mix
  • peterpiffin
    peterpiffin Members Posts: 285 ✭✭
    Options

thats wrong. thats def not the definition of coolie. coolie is used when referring too someone of east indian origin. thread starter do some research before you type.
    Originally used to define indentured labourers from Asia (e.g Chinese railway workers in the U.S. & Canada, or East Indian sugarcane workers in Guyana.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Taken from this:

The point i am trying to make is that having a little white in you from generations ago should not be emphasized because it has no effect on the real world as most black people are indistinguishable from other black populations.

BUT you stay bringing it up this thread was not even about white black mixing but you just had to bring it up. why? because you support that ? and you stay trying to push to make that ? seem normal in other threads you always do this ? .

Like I said, you're just arguing to be arguing. First of all, this is what? The third time I've brought up race mixing out of all the topics I post in. You run around bringing that ? up a hell of a lot more than I do.

On top of that, the point of my statement flew right over your head. In no way was I promoting mixing between whites and blacks, and only and idiot with an agenda like yourself would even take it that way. TC was making the claim that animus between blacks and indians when it comes to relationships is a myth. He cited the existence of black/indian mixes as proof of that. The sole purpose of my statement was to give him a parallel situation that contradicted his conclusion. I.E. there are lots of black/white mixed people in this country, and have been for years, but lots of white people still hate blacks and look down on relationships with them.

You took that and went in a completely different direction. Like I said before, if you have to misrepresent or exaggerate what I say, then ignore it because these straw men arguments you continue to make need to stop.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bac in high school, i dated a girl who was Guyanese and her mom used to beat her everyday cuz she dated me but im lik half guyanese . we were forced to break up lol . The mom went as far to send me racist message and ? .
  • RickyRich
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    In Toronto there's a huge Indian community. And from what I've seen those girls don't really like "? ", they might date a ? and let you smash but they prolly aint bringing you home and even then it's like trying to break into Fort Knox to get the ? .

You gotta get the 2nd generation Indians tho that lived here all their lives, they'll date black people. The ones from the old country tho, HA !!

(btw when I say Indian I mean like from India, in Canada there's a clear distinction between Native and Indian)

trust me bro lool . It was hell to get that girl to give up the ? lmfao . Her mom is big time ? in the west indies community lol.
  • RickyRich
    Options

i hate when these fools do not know the meaning of COOLIE .
  • RickyRich
    Options
    coolie is like ? . The white people used to call the brown that .
  • RickyRich
    Options

Show me 1 quote from scriptures in any holy book of Hinduisim be it the Vedas or Gita that condone racisim?

U can't

Any in the U.K. that word means half black half indian that may not be it's origin meaning but in England that's wat it means now

And finally don't judge Hinduisim based on a few people judge it on the scriptures and holy books which 100% speak againist racisim and classism

Disagree about Pakistanis being less racist they pride them self on being as light skinned as possible and i never see them mix

indians (people from india) bleach their skin thats where all the bleaching came from .India people disrespect the sirlankans because they are dark skin are consider ? because most of them are very darkskin
  • RickyRich
    Options
    Nah that's not true Pakistanis are mixed with Arab and Turkish and are much more lighter than Indians who are quite alot darker

But u are right about sticking to each other and a lotta the chicks being religious that is true but they certaintly do mix as well but yeah that's a minority overall

your tryin hard to look smart on here but really your jus a ? that dont kno ? lol .
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bac in high school, i dated a girl who was Guyanese and her mom used to beat her everyday cuz she dated me but im lik half guyanese . we were forced to break up lol . The mom went as far to send me racist message and ? .

? what?

u guyanese or what
  • GunTown
    Options

your tryin hard to look smart on here but really your jus a ? that dont kno ? lol .

How so even Pakistanis will tell u they got Arab and Turkish in them. Arabs conquered Pakistanis that's how they got Arab and Turkish in them, it's even documented as historical fact

It also isn't a coincidence they are quite pale like Arabs

While Indians are dark
  • GunTown
    Options

U can't

indians (people from india) bleach their skin thats where all the bleaching came from .India people disrespect the sirlankans because they are dark skin are consider ? because most of them are very darkskin

Never known any Indian that's done that
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Threadstarter is a female and it would be half Asian half black or African. Indian is their nationality.
  • hoesB4bros
    hoesB4bros Members Posts: 21
    Options
    What else do you expect from a country with a caste system?
  • mulatresse
    mulatresse Members Posts: 11
    Options

Taken from this:

Most of us are griffons. In Spanish and French colonies (well all Latin Euro colonies) race mixing was more common with blacks than say in Texas.