Agree or Disagree: Can Michael Jordan Stop The Violence?

Options

Comments

• spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Awe hell naw ion give a f*ck about no ? " - Michael Jordan
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at ? always want the hook up

I want a Lamborghini, so should they lower their price so I can afford it
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All of you need lessons in economics.

1) Its not the price thats causing fights, its the scacity of the product

2)The price is not too high, its too LOW

What other product RAISES in value once it goes to aftermarket? $170 shoes in store that go for $300-$500 online. The sneakerheads who know this are ample enough to completely skew the market.

Look at Black Friday fights. They're not fighting over expensive items, they're fighting over the cheap ones that have great value and only few in stock.
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    evilchuck wrote: »
    Yes, he can but he doesn't give a ? though.
    Lower the cost of the shoe and create more product for his consumers.

its way deeper than "Lower the cost of the shoe and create more product for his consumers." and the process involves WAY more ppl than just him. in fact jordan most likely doesnt have a hand in any of the business behind the scenes. he's probably just collects royalties from the original deal or an extension of it. nike is the company that actually owns the releases.

jordan brand and nike are two different things. the jordan sneaker line with nike was due to the great success of the endorsement deal itself. so nike is who owns the releases.
  • okaay
    okaay Members Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Make them ? (exclusives) available only online. If a ? aint got a CPU or access to one $200 kicks the least of they problems.
  • S2J
    Options
    $170 shoes-'Oh no, we gotta lower the price!'

Meanwhile their kid got a $500 gaming system with $500 worth in games.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He can throw his shoes in the bushes
  • UPTOWN
    Options
    its actually based on the sales process. everything should be done in advance to avoid the last second rush to get a pair.

nike knows well in advance what shoes will be retro'd

1. take orders online and in stores in advance. (say 3 - 6 months in advance or however much time is needed) (payment in full only)
    2. set a date where the pre orders close. after this date you cant order that particular shoe until the next time its released.
    3. gather all orders and manufacture that amount. 7 million orders, make 7 million pair. this way there is no competition to get a pair before they run out. nike will simply produce the amount needed to fill the orders.
    4. give option to have shoes delivered to a participating store or mailed directly to consumers address.

its the process that creates the environment for violence etc. just like black friday and other events

imagine if superbowl tickets went on sale 2 weeks before the game at random locations. it would be a mad house at every location.
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »

Well, you get a lot more out of a gaming system then you do an expensive shoe(subjective, I know), besides that new gaming system is probably selling for less than the thing actually cost to make, the high cost of the system makes more sense than the high cost of the shoe.
  • UPTOWN
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »

Well, you get a lot more out of a gaming system then you do an expensive shoe(subjective, I know), besides that new gaming system is probably selling for less than the thing actually cost to make, the high cost of the system makes more sense than the high cost of the shoe.

? iz you krazy???

• spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol yall really outchea trying to figure this thing out huh?....We talkin bout ? here mayyyyne!!!....? !!! All of the analysis that you're doing is pointless...? are gonna shoot each other regardless...If it's not Jordan's, it's Foamposites, if it's not foamposies it's something else...The ONLY way ? can solve this is to change their mindset...educate themselves...and appreciate their kind, which realistically is close to impossible.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Foams are ugly as ?
  • BoldChild
    Options

? iz you krazy???

I'm sane.
    Back in 2006, iSuppli (which was acquired by IHS) found that the PlayStation 3 with a 60-gigabyte hard drive cost Sony $840 to make. That was why Sony priced the initial machine at an untenable $600. By comparison, Microsoft launched the Xbox 360 Premium at a price of $399. The machine initially cost Microsoft $525 to make.

http://venturebeat.com/2013/11/29/the-deanbeat-the-xbox-one-cost-471-to-make-the-ps4-costs-381-and-why-this-matters-in-the-long-run/
  • CHICAGO_BREED
    CHICAGO_BREED Members Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    spit_fiya wrote: »
    Lol yall really outchea trying to figure this thing out huh?....We talkin bout ? here mayyyyne!!!....? !!! All of the analysis that you're doing is pointless...? are gonna shoot each other regardless...If it's not Jordan's, it's Foamposites, if it's not foamposies it's something else...The ONLY way ? can solve this is to change their mindset...educate themselves...and appreciate their kind, which realistically is close to impossible.
    Sorry to say but you right man. Black people not patient man. We want everything right then and now. We dont want to go to school be broke for 4-6 years and then get money, instead we want that fast cash. But man some of the ? hustling and killing mufuckas over shoes dont know better jo. AND WE ADDICTED TO RETAIL.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    even tho Jordan dont control the prices, but let's just say he did.

Why would I lower my prices, when ? gon buy my ? at $200 anyway?

• BoldChild
    edited January 2014
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »

Personally, I wouldn't lower the price, in fact, I would release more limited $300 pairs,if they even have them, or whatever they call that ? , I don't care about shoes.

When people are willing to throw hundreds of dollars at you for something that doesn't take much to produce, squeeze them for all they're worth.
  • S2J
    Options

Chris Rock is a genius vol. 137: 'Only the white man, can profit off of pain'

A lil different from how he used it but same principle:

White folk can get philthy rich with no caveats. black man make a profit we gotta make sure it appeases every black person, oh and make sure you bring everybody along with you, make sure your product simultaneously educates, entertains, and uplifts, be funny but not too funny, etc

Whats sad is we put that onus on ourselves. See Tyler Perry, see Oprah

• UPTOWN
    Options

? iz you krazy???

I'm sane.
    Back in 2006, iSuppli (which was acquired by IHS) found that the PlayStation 3 with a 60-gigabyte hard drive cost Sony $840 to make. That was why Sony priced the initial machine at an untenable $600. By comparison, Microsoft launched the Xbox 360 Premium at a price of $399. The machine initially cost Microsoft $525 to make.

http://venturebeat.com/2013/11/29/the-deanbeat-the-xbox-one-cost-471-to-make-the-ps4-costs-381-and-why-this-matters-in-the-long-run/

"Microsoft’s Xbox One costs bout $471 to make, compared to $381 for the PS4. This naturally explains why Microsoft is selling the Xbox One for $500, while Sony is selling the PS4 for $400."

no ? .... you krazy
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? iz you krazy???

I'm sane.

"Microsoft’s Xbox One costs bout $471 to make, compared to $381 for the PS4. This naturally explains why Microsoft is selling the Xbox One for $500, while Sony is selling the PS4 for $400."

no ? .... you krazy

Lol that ? tried to switch up the numbers
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just as long as Canada Goose winter coats and ascots don't become poular in the ? community, Rex is giving as many ? as Jordan does about these savage and ignorant ? .
  • okaay
    okaay Members Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Chris Rock is a genius vol. 137: 'Only the white man, can profit off of pain'

A lil different from how he used it but same principle:

White folk can get philthy rich with no caveats. black man make a profit we gotta make sure it appeases every black person, oh and make sure you bring everybody along with you, make sure your product simultaneously educates, entertains, and uplifts, be funny but not too funny, etc

Whats sad is we put that onus on ourselves. See Tyler Perry, see Oprah

Bringing this to future Jay Z arguments.

• CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    armagod wrote: »

? iz you krazy???

I'm sane.

no ? .... you krazy

Lol that ? tried to switch up the numbers
    Are you ? something?

Boldchild obviously posted ps3 and Xbox numbers. It's a well known fact that they lost money selling the system in the beginning.

Uptown posted ps4 and Xbox 1 numbers. Which in this case is a meek 29 and 19 dollar pridit.

• CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see alot of cats talking about he should lower the price, but lets be honest if he did that ? wouldn't want them anymore because it would be associated with being a broke ? . ? like to put high value on expensive ? that is more easily obtainable thats why they'll spend big money on shoes, handbags,rims and clothes, because getting something of real value like starting a business or buying a house takes good credit, down payment, and monthly payments so basically its easier to just look like they have money than actually have it
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's not his fault.